It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
mrkgnao: Reading through the OP and the posts here, I understand that if I:
1) Install the game from the GOG installer as usual
2) Begin a single-player campaign
3) Log in to Haemimont (or GOG) from inside the game to get the DLC content (of course, I will not do this, but let's assume)
4) Uninstall the game without saving anything
5) Reinstall the game from the GOG installer as usual
6) Begin another single-player campaign
7) NOW I CANNOT GET THE DLC CONTENT AGAIN, AS IT IS ONE-TIME-USE ONLY

Please correct me if I am wrong.
ricki42: I'd disagree with (3) (partially because 'downloadable content content' :p ) It's not really downloadable content if it doesn't contain additional content. I guess you could argue that an edit to some config/save file is also content since information is transmitted, but I think that's really stretching the definition.
It's an online validation to allow the game to give specific items to your current character.
It's Online to make sure you don't do it again. Like a slap in the face
Ashnak: Rubs me the wrong way that I'm supposed to enter my GOG-Login details in some third-party software, so it can call -somewhere- to authenticate. Why not just post my password on the forums, seems legit.
That's a very good point. You shouldn't trust your credentials to third party stuff. Trusting a browser is one thing (and it has audit). Trusting a game with it (especially closed) is too questionable.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: I agree that functionally it's not limiting items, but just when they are available in-game. It's a cheat add-on essentially and I don't really care about those anyway. But the whole concept of deploying it in such way is still wrong, regardless of what kind of add-on it is. I'd say GOG should just scrape the whole thing if they can't sort out DRM-free distribution of it.
d2t: and I disagree and refuse to buy inferior version of the game from gog. the add-on in no way is required to play the game and is an optional time limited present from the dev.

furthermore this is comical that the same community which is completely fine with gog selling games that require using serial codes including one-time third party serial code linked with 3rd party account for something as huge as ingame multiplayer, cannot swallow an idea of using similar system to obtain a cheat code for the game.
I think the word 'login' got everyone worked up, even if it's logging in to GoG itself, coupled with the fact that it has nothing to do with multiplayer (which it seems DRM is more tolerable?). At the end the day, the game itself is DRM-Free and it turns out even the extra content is DRM-Free without logging into anything because it's not stuff that's not already there.
Damn, was really interested in this game and missed that its drmed. Will unwishlist for now till the free extras get implemented without online activation as a simple part of the game. Why is online activation even needed for supposedly free stuff that comes with the game I really don't understand. Seems kind of data collection from developers side. Eitherway im not happy with the situation.
low rated
Let me get this straight, people are fanning controversy about the way you get some high level free loot in an ARPG?
Yes.
Seems, kind of silly.
This is the internet, what did ya expect? Cultured discourse? The most you can hope for is Family Guy memes. Now grab that chainsaw!
What for?
It's a chainsaw, you don't grab it for anything, grabbing it is purpose itself. And using it of course.
On what?
Everything!

"Voices in my head say chainsaw good" by sociopathic bunny rabbit.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by j0ekerr
I’m just speculating and weighing the known and unknown of the dilemma in question... The developers appear to be thoughtful in their design of the game, so I would guess that the “one time use” would be tied to an online account, so to redeem once, but still have it tied to your account (on GoG?) and the additional content should be accessible in subsequent installs of the game, if you can log into your GoG account (but not accessible without online access). I would also venture to guess this is to encourage people to use the co-op part of the game.

However, if the "one time use" is only good for one install of the game, and can never be accessed again in subsequent installs, then it is obviously not going to be popular among gamers, and should rightly be considered a flawed marketing strategy, distracting people from interest in the release of the game itself.

Personally I am not supportive of the “exclusives” and “additional content only available online” approach to marketing, and selling games. The game looks good, and I was tempted to get it on release day to support the developers, and GoG, but I’ll wait until this is all cleared up before getting this game, if I decide to get it later on.
ricki42: I'd disagree with (3) (partially because 'downloadable content content' :p )
[Hides in shame...]
j0ekerr: This is the internet, what did ya expect?
This is GOG. What do you expect?

ricki42: I'd disagree with (3) (partially because 'downloadable content content' :p )
mrkgnao: [Hides in shame...]
Just avoid using this weird term (DLC). I use add-on or expansion instead :) Some not very bright exec coined the DLC term, and unfortunately it became too widespread. Just think about it. All the content is downloadable anyway. So the whole term doesn't mean anything really.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
mrkgnao: Reading through the OP and the posts here, I understand that if I:
1) Install the game from the GOG installer as usual
2) Begin a single-player campaign
3) Log in to Haemimont (or GOG) from inside the game to get the DLC content (of course, I will not do this, but let's assume)
4) Uninstall the game without saving anything
5) Reinstall the game from the GOG installer as usual
6) Begin another single-player campaign
7) NOW I CANNOT GET THE DLC CONTENT AGAIN, AS IT IS ONE-TIME-USE ONLY

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Until then, no thank you, GOG. InstaUNwishlisted.
synfresh: Point 7 hasn't been proved or disproved. One time claim, not one time use. Two different things.
I expect someone will be brave enough to test it soon.
Meanwhile, the OP says "one-time-USE GOG.com-exclusive".
high rated
Randoo: It's an online validation to allow the game to give specific items to your current character.
And it's completely against the philosophy of the GOG games, to be re-playable the same way at any time, independently from any other service.

What's the point of this one-time-use restriction anyway? It's for single player only, if I understand it correctly. So who's being hurt if you use it again when you want to restart your single player campaign or have to reinstall the game on your new computer?
Post edited July 24, 2015 by eiii
mrkgnao: 3) Log in to Haemimont (or GOG) from inside the game to get the DLC content (of course, I will not do this, but let's assume)
It's really a very important point whether you're logging in to Haemimont's or GOG's servers.

If GOG just sends these guys my login data so I can retrieve one time activated DLC from their servers, GOG would have to be burned at the stake right quick. :(

I don't think that's the case though! They can not possibly be that stupid.

So back to the other concerns.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Vainamoinen
Randoo: It's an online validation to allow the game to give specific items to your current character.
Fair enough. But that's a separate argument from 'it's DRMed DLC', which it isn't.
I personally wouldn't consider it a slap in the face, mostly because I can simply not use it, it's just a cheat code for those who want it, nothing lost from the game.
I somewhat agree with Ashnak's concern about giving your login credentials in the game, so I'm thinking if and when the game comes to Linux, I'll just not use the key.
shmerl: Just avoid using this weird term (DLC). I use add-on or expansion instead :) Some not very bright exec coined the DLC term, and unfortunately it became too widespread. Just think about it. All the content is downloadable anyway. So the whole term doesn't mean anything really.
You're right. I'll give it a try.
Unfortunately, I'm rather fond of TLA.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by mrkgnao
This is not DRM, nor even DLC really. This is content already in-game that is unlocked early (a one time use cheat) for buying the game. And of course a game that is probably good is going the be flooded with bad review for something that's not even true.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by BKGaming
Haven't read this whole thread yet - just wanted to pop in and express my disbelief after reading the game card -

Galaxy is required? Online check to validate the extra content? One-time use only?

Is this not the very definition of DRM?

I can't possibly be seeing this, can I?