It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
Riotact: The stuff that comes with the key is droppable loot, you will pick this stuff up in game any way, so if logging into Galaxy for this gift is a negative aspect for you then just don't bother with the gift, its no big thing really.
Starmaker: So do I understand correctly, these are just regular items which drop in-game?
Yes indeed and quite quickly :)
low rated
synfresh: You are still logging in the get the DLC for witcher. The difference here is it's not happening all at once, it's happening once you get in the game and log in. Do you know for a fact that once you do get the extra content, you have to get it again if you back up and install somewhere else offline?
shmerl: And that's a mess. With Witcher and others, you buy the game + buy add-ons (or select free ones) and then you can download them all at once (with lgogdownloader) and back them up. That's it - your DRM-free purchase is complete.

With Victor Vran you need to authenticate (while running the game if I understood correctly) to get some add-ons even after you already got all your packages from the store. That's different from above.
The only difference is it's not happening at the time of initial download. Tell me how that means it's DRM then?
DeathDiciple: Witcher DLCs are completely DRM free. You don't have to autheticate, you can download them directly from the Account page and/or from GOG downloader links.
synfresh: You don't authenticate to get to the account page?
yes but again... you can install it offline, and you can get dlc again...

you cannot install dlc of Victor Vran more than once and offline.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by LiefLayer
Ganni1987: I looked around a bit and all these extras are all obtainable as normal loot by playing the game. Which means if you don't activate the code you won't be missing on anything, this activation is simply a means of getting some stuff early on.
I think GOG should scrap all this idea if they are going to implement it in such messed up way. Or at least they should think through how to implement it in clearly DRM-free fashion.
low rated
synfresh: You don't authenticate to get to the account page?
LiefLayer: yes but again... you can install it offline, and you can get dlc again...
And you know for a fact you can't do that with this game? Once you get it how do you know you won't have it if you install again (after backing up)?

GoG specifically said the words 'one time'. I'm going to let them explain the deeper meaning of that for going crazy about it.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by synfresh
Lodium: Ok, is there DRM in this game or is it only for the online features, multiplayer, co-op?
If the DRM is on the dlc or the singleplayer campaign then im not buying a single game more on gog.
Im then going to back up all my games.

If its only one time activation like the serial keys im fine with it.
It's a one-time thing, if you want the items. They sound like they'll unbalance the game, though, so getting them is a toss-up anyway.
Luned: I'd like confirmation if this is basically a one-time drop.
Konrad: The key is a one-time-use deal (and exclusive for you guys) so you do have to be logged in to your GOG.com account to redeem it.
so either :
*unlock for your current installation after login ingame (<= my guess)
or
*unlock for your account and unlocked on other installation after login in

either way, that drmed content.

Also as said above, steam version has ingame codes drop. I guess we don't deserve such things. (and we would need to authenticate to activate them :D )
LiefLayer: yes but again... you can install it offline, and you can get dlc again...
synfresh: And you know for a fact you can't do that with this game?
they say it. you cannot use the serial code more than once and you have to be online.
It is all an elaborate scheme by Haemimont to steal your souls and offer them to the God with 700 armpits.
high rated
synfresh: The only difference is it's not happening at the time of initial download. Tell me how that means it's DRM then?
If you backed up the game (initially downloaded from GOG) and GOG goes down - you can't install those add-ons. Same problem as other DRM has. Installation backup should not be split in such awkward way.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by shmerl
synfresh: You are still logging in the get the DLC for witcher.
This is starting to look very close to the argument that logging into the website is a simnilar thing to in-game DRM. And if this is the road we're starting to traverse, I'm out. I encourage you to re-read my example and see if you think it's still the same thing. If you do, then I guess we're at an impasse.

ricki42: Except there is no DRMed content, all the content is in the game. The only thing extra is that you'll have some more items already in your inventory when you start the game, possibly making the game slightly easier. You can get everything by playing the game and finding the loot. You know, the old-fashioned way.
I completely agree with you with regards to DLC that actually contains something, anything at all, that's not in the game, because there would be the potential of it becoming inaccessible in the future. But there's nothing here where that's an issue.
I'll grant you the point, but it's disingenuous at best to announce 'exclsuve GOG Treasure Key' and then block access to it behind a DRM wall, even if it's content you'll get later on (this does, of course, assume that all of these items will be guaranteed to drop during normal gameplay). This just puts a bad light on GOG's DRM-free core value.
Ganni1987: I looked around a bit and all these extras are all obtainable as normal loot by playing the game. Which means if you don't activate the code you won't be missing on anything, this activation is simply a means of getting some stuff early on.
Considering all of the items are obtainable normally, I have an even stronger reason why GOG shouldn't have done this exclusive bonus in the first place. It leaves a bad taste (and a totally wrong impression) amongst those who believe in a DRM-Free experience.
so this is just a variation of "pay to win". But instead of paying we get it for free as an advertising gimmick.
still think thats a shitty practice.

but thanks for looking that up.
synfresh: GoG specifically said the words 'one time'. I'm going to let them explain the deeper meaning of that for going crazy about it.
Yeah, this will definitely go a long way to clearing up some confusion.
immi101: so this is just a variation of "pay to win". But instead of paying we get it for free as an advertising gimmick.
still think thats a shitty practice.

but thanks for looking that up.
And if it's just some file / config tweak, why can't it be provided as an extra to the game? Why do you need any additional auth step for it?
synfresh: The only difference is it's not happening at the time of initial download. Tell me how that means it's DRM then?
shmerl: If you backed up the game (initially downloaded from GOG) and GOG goes down - you can't install those add-ons. Same problem as other DRM has. Installation backup should not be split in such awkward way.
Is that a fact? You can't reinstall the addon's after you claim them 'one time' (their words, not mine).