It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount! The game will be out on April 18th.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.
Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with four mighty fine wallpapers available as a pre-order bonus!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsFYQSLv3Qs?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: The screenshot is how the original version looked like. If you are playing the remastered version you may switch to classic mode but the remastered version is still running in the background driving the whole game. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you want a 24-year old game to run on non-modern hardware you have to run this 24-year old version and not a remastered version which of course requires more current graphics API and has higher CPU requirements etc.
ChrisRevocateur: Dude, have you even been listening? THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT! For people that just want to play the original version of the game, running in "classic mode" is not a solution. This is why people are still asking for the original to be included alongside the remasters, because we still don't have a legal digital distribution of the originals, which is what (at least for some people) was the point of the wishlisted games.
You are the one complaining about remastered versions. But they are exactly working as they are supposed to!

Maybe you should spare your energy for games where it really matters (e.g. Loom). Not games which actually contain the original ones in some way. Just extract them and be happy (if you don't like to invest in hardware then you have to make up for it in software :-).
obi4ammama: Just a quick question, are the pre-order wallpapers bonuses already available for download and if so where could we find them? Thanks to whoever provides an answer.
Hi,

You should by now find them in your account. If you don't see them, please refresh your account by clicking this link: https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: You are the one complaining about remastered versions. But they are exactly working as they are supposed to!
Yeah... that is what I don't understand here. Yes, it would be truly great to have the original sold alongside the Remastered edition, I'm all for it, and I somewhat understand Chris' anger that this isn't the case, but... dumping on the Remaster because of that... I don't see how that's sensible.

deonast: I think I've been lucky so far in that I haven't had any projects I backed, declared dead, just delayed.
There are some projects that are delayed (like Broken Age) and then there are projects that are capital letter DELAYED. I haven't backed any of the latter, thankfully. I was very close to backing Jack Houston and the Necronauts... very thankful I didn't. I mean, the developer has all my sympathy, he seems to be as enthusiastic about the project as ever, but with what he has planned and what he will be able to achieve, we won't see his project complete in 20 years. :p
Post edited March 20, 2017 by Vainamoinen
obi4ammama: Just a quick question, are the pre-order wallpapers bonuses already available for download and if so where could we find them? Thanks to whoever provides an answer.
JudasIscariot: Hi,

You should by now find them in your account. If you don't see them, please refresh your account by clicking this link: https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
i can find them now. Thank you :D
ChrisRevocateur: Dude, have you even been listening? THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT! For people that just want to play the original version of the game, running in "classic mode" is not a solution. This is why people are still asking for the original to be included alongside the remasters, because we still don't have a legal digital distribution of the originals, which is what (at least for some people) was the point of the wishlisted games.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: You are the one complaining about remastered versions. But they are exactly working as they are supposed to!

Maybe you should spare your energy for games where it really matters (e.g. Loom). Not games which actually contain the original ones in some way. Just extract them and be happy (if you don't like to invest in hardware then you have to make up for it in software :-).
You are right in some way, but it would be better if you added some text to this line:

" (if you don't like to invest in hardware then you have to make up for it in software :-). "

the added text should be:

" or are not able (financial)...."

Its not always a fact that all users who dont upgrade are doing because they dont want to, many times it is just to expensive, default was 2-3 years a brand new pc............

Times have changed (for the bad not the good) which will allow many users to upgrade once in the 5 , 6 or maybe more years, and please dont let your govt fool you by telling things are going great, the economy is great and more bull like that, things are not great, and economy getting stronger does not mean all people will benefit from it.

I was able to upgrade frequent in the good old days, since the arrival of EURO things went bad.
The dutch adapted the pricetags only for a while, they had 2 tags: one in guilders and one in euros, after less then a year (govt will clame otherwise but our govt can only lie (most if not all govts lie) , they are the pinoccio's of goverment.

So after the period they replaced the HFL with euro sign, the bad thing was that wages were divided by 2.

2.20371 Dutch guilders (NLG) for 1 euro (EUR).

Monthly salary of lets say 1700 guilders would be: 1700 / 2.2037
And thats why things went down the toilet, not the drain but down the toilet, or better straight down the sewers, the holes are larger so the money floats way faster.

One solution would be : revert to old currency and print 2.5 times as much money, this will make things worse, but face it:

paper money is worth nothing, its only worth the paper that its printed on, so silver and gold coins keep the value, and paper is worthless.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: The minute i first heard the name Double Fine when they started (long time ago) my first thought was fine, sound like something strange: cause fine means good and is usally a positive word but we all know a fine is also negative, and people have to fork out cash if they get a fine or are fined (or whatever ).
The negative meaning is where the name was derived from, see:

Where does the name "Double Fine" come from?

It comes from a sign on the Golden Gate Bridge that, until recently, said "Slow to 45 mph – Double Fine Zone." I ingeniously selected the name Double Fine so that when people drove over the bridge they would see the name "Double Fine" and think, not just that we had purchased ad space on what must be the most expensive billboard in California, but that we owned the city and all of San Francisco had been declared to be a "Double Fine Zone." I believe it did work for many years, confounding and intimidating our many, many foes. But for absolutely no good reason, the old sign is now flashing the less awe-inspiring message, "Speed limit 45 mph – Auto toll $5." I mean, how are you supposed to name a game company after that? Don't people even think these things through?

Source: http://www.doublefine.com/about/

Edit: Added picture.
Attachments:
finesign.png (134 Kb)
Post edited March 20, 2017 by Midoryu
PixelBoy: <snip>
To the best of my knowledge Apple is so much against FLAC, that even their hardware (iPhones, etc.) don't play FLAC files.

I simply refuse to pay for lossy content, and that's why I haven't bought any non-physical forms of music to this date.
Apple devices don't play FLAC, but they do play ALAC just fine. (Yes, this is stupid.)

iTunes music can be lossy or lossless. It depends on how the artist/label wants to sell it. I have a few albums from iTunes - I had some gift cards to burn. Half are in ALAC lossless, half are 320kbps .m4a files.

None of them have any DRM.

(iTunes does use DRM on movie files, but not on music.)
Clearsong: Apple devices don't play FLAC, but they do play ALAC just fine. (Yes, this is stupid.)
Apple just hate free codecs, but had to make ALAC to compete with FLAC. Just for that reason already (sabotaging free codecs), besides many others, I wouldn't touch anything Apple.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by shmerl
low rated
gamesfreak64: I was able to upgrade frequent in the good old days, since the arrival of EURO things went bad.
Absolutely, I feel for you, the eurozone leadership is totally incapable of handling an economic slump...

gamesfreak64: So after the period they replaced the HFL with euro sign, the bad thing was that wages were divided by 2.
wut

gamesfreak64: One solution would be : revert to old currency and print 2.5 times as much money
wut

gamesfreak64: paper money is worth nothing, its only worth the paper that its printed on, so silver and gold coins keep the value, and paper is worthless.
WUT
Do you also think the earth is flat and vaccines cause autism?
Amyway, I have an offer: your 100'000 EUR for my one gold coin. I'll even throw in a roll of Japanese archival paper.
Since I am a great fun of lucas arts games I cant help but wonder why we don't get any more new great and wonderfull games that shaped our childhood such as Full Throttle and instead we have to remaster the old hits ! it is a pity !! really what makes the old games special for me is the simple fact that they are old time graphics and the story that unfolds now days games forget to have a strong story that makes you live the adventure and fully experience tha game !!
jimakosgian: Since I am a great fun of lucas arts games I cant help but wonder why we don't get any more new great and wonderfull games that shaped our childhood such as Full Throttle and instead we have to remaster the old hits ! it is a pity !! really what makes the old games special for me is the simple fact that they are old time graphics and the story that unfolds now days games forget to have a strong story that makes you live the adventure and fully experience tha game !!
I agree with you, but haven't you heard of Thimbleweed Park? :O It's a new game by Ron Gilbert, Gary Winnick and David Fox! ;D

https://blog.thimbleweedpark.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/569860/
jimakosgian: Since I am a great fan of lucas arts games I cant help but wonder why we don't get any more new great and wonderfull games that shaped our childhood such as Full Throttle and instead we have to remaster the old hits ! it is a pity !! really what makes the old games special for me is the simple fact that they are old time graphics and the story that unfolds now days games forget to have a strong story that makes you live the adventure and fully experience tha game !!
These remasters aren't only targeted on old farts like us, but especially for those generations who've never heard of those games and never had the chance to play it (since often they can't even be bought or run on modern hardware without modifications / additional tools; and since you are praising story etc.: why wouldn't you want them to experience it too!).

Also I'm pretty sure Tim has nothing against a FT2, Grim Fandango 2, Broken Age 2 or even a new IP in t his direction (gameplay wise). But creating new games costs (even more) money than remastering. If those remasters sell well publishers with money could be more easily persuaded.

mattiascedervall: I agree with you, but haven't you heard of Thimbleweed Park? :O It's a new game by Ron Gilbert, Gary Winnick and David Fox! ;D
https://blog.thimbleweedpark.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/569860/
Yeehaaw! You forget this link: https://www.gog.com/game/thimbleweed_park
Post edited March 22, 2017 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
gamesfreak64: I was able to upgrade frequent in the good old days, since the arrival of EURO things went bad.
Starmaker: Absolutely, I feel for you, the eurozone leadership is totally incapable of handling an economic slump...

gamesfreak64: So after the period they replaced the HFL with euro sign, the bad thing was that wages were divided by 2.
Starmaker: wut

gamesfreak64: One solution would be : revert to old currency and print 2.5 times as much money
Starmaker: wut

gamesfreak64: paper money is worth nothing, its only worth the paper that its printed on, so silver and gold coins keep the value, and paper is worthless.
Starmaker: WUT
Do you also think the earth is flat and vaccines cause autism?
Amyway, I have an offer: your 100'000 EUR for my one gold coin. I'll even throw in a roll of Japanese archival paper.
You know what i mean about the silver and gold and its a welknown fact.
And if and when i would win some lotto and get 5 million euros or usd i rather had them in gold or other valuables that will keep their value incase economy collapses.
low rated
gamesfreak64: You know what i mean about the silver and gold and its a welknown fact.
And if and when i would win some lotto and get 5 million euros or usd i rather had them in gold or other valuables that will keep their value incase economy collapses.
No, I don't now what you mean. The well-known fact is that paper (and purely electronic, like ~90+% of money in the world) money is valuable. People trade goods and services in exchange for it. People also steal it and kill for it. If you think it's not valuable, you're nuts.
gamesfreak64: You know what i mean about the silver and gold and its a welknown fact.
Starmaker: No, I don't now what you mean. The well-known fact is that paper (and purely electronic, like ~90+% of money in the world) money is valuable. People trade goods and services in exchange for it. People also steal it and kill for it. If you think it's not valuable, you're nuts.
It has value .............. only because humans added value to it............... typically resources that are present in abundance arent worth much or sometimes nothing worth at all.
As for 'digital' currency, you dont really want that, if and when that happens its goodbye and govt/gazillionaires will control the world, like a Robo Cop movie, OCP City.

Think about it: all nice safe digital currencies, no reserves in an old sock, in an old matras to fall back on incase of an emergency.
Total world domination, cause they can block/delete remove/add funds at the press of a button, with real currencies they have to come and visit you to collect it and people will defend themselves, so better hope we dont ever gonna use digital currencies only.

A classic 'prehistoric' example of trading:

Imagine a primate hunting boars ( thats wild pigs) in the primal age or a few decades evolved, he/she/it will soon relwase it is more dangerous to hunt boars then it is gathering berries or sugar or other things that dont involve hunting dangerous animals.

So soon they will ask 3 or 5 bags of cherries for one boar or piece of boar, and thats how the trading began....
Post edited March 26, 2017 by gamesfreak64