It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount! The game will be out on April 18th.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.
Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with four mighty fine wallpapers available as a pre-order bonus!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsFYQSLv3Qs?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
eiii: I read that as DoubleFine Explorer is running under Wine. Thanks!
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: To be honest: I didn't try it. But it's a Delphi application and I haven't seen a reason why it shouldn't work
I can confirm that it works under wine. I used it to get the original DotT files and run it with scummvm. The remastered version sadly doesn't even run on my old notebook due to its OpenGL requirements.

I hope that the same will be possible to do with Full Throttle, in case there will be (unfortunately) no bonus download of the original version from 1995.
low rated
SpecShadow: Simply - because their older titles are vastly superior compared to their new titles.
With "their [Double Fine's] older titles" you mean "LucasArts' adventure games"? Because as a matter of sheer tastes in genres, I would readily agree to that.

Nonetheless, I found Broken Age to be fairly decent, Costume Quest and Stacking to be really good and Headlander simply excellent. No quarrels there.
shmerl: I don't mind Bandcamp release either, since it's DRM-free and in FLAC.
Vainamoinen: Well, Karloff said "itunes". That's where all the hip musicians are today. :D

Fingers crossed for bandcamp release!
Yes bandcamp is what I'd want. Only ever bought once off itunes and that was an apple OS update. I'll never, ever buy video or music content from them. I hate that platform / software with a burning passion.
shmerl: Bandcamp on the other hand is a good store. Hip musicians are there ;)
Vainamoinen: I knoooow.
https://bandcamp.com/vainamoinen
Hmm that's a pretty small collection you have going there. I find it hard to resist buying music. my wishlist is over 100 and I have a whole bunch of bookmarks to bandcamp artists still to look into.

https://bandcamp.com/deonast
Post edited March 15, 2017 by deonast
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Hey guys, in case you didn't know: The original files can be extracted using DoubleFine Explorer from Quick And Easy Software and then played using on the platform of your choice! (don't forget the [url=http://www.gratissaugen.de/ultimatetalkies/]Ultimate Talkie Edition patch in case of Monkey Island).

It's not unlikely that Full Throttle Remastered will be the same! The only sad part is that other languages aren't sold on GOG.
Ah I'd forgotten about that tool, didn't realise it was still being updated. Thanks for the reminder.
low rated
deonast: Hmm that's a pretty small collection you have going there.
I'm mainly focused on game music, and have in many cases been able to buy soundtracks with the game on GOG. The collection will undoubtedly expand in the future, promise. :)
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Hey guys, in case you didn't know: The original files can be extracted using DoubleFine Explorer from Quick And Easy Software and then played using on the platform of your choice! (don't forget the [url=http://www.gratissaugen.de/ultimatetalkies/]Ultimate Talkie Edition patch in case of Monkey Island).

It's not unlikely that Full Throttle Remastered will be the same! The only sad part is that other languages aren't sold on GOG.
I didn't know that. Thx for the info - I'll give it a try.
ped7g: Crap? How does starting up remastered and toggling to classic look differ from running original data in ScummVM?
Very much...if you just can't run remaster because of system requirements :-(
Post edited March 15, 2017 by tburger
ped7g: Crap? How does starting up remastered and toggling to classic look differ from running original data in ScummVM?

Unless you make the old original .exe run (good luck on this one), neither ScummVM or DF remastered is 100% original. So pretending playing in ScummVM is somehow "more original" sounds a bit weird to me.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: The original executable run perfectly in DOSBox on any OS DOSBox supports.
And ScummVM makes the game even support more platforms than every Remastered version can possibly dream of! Plus ScummVM has a lot more options to offer.
Yeah, ped7g obviously forgot DosBox and other such programs which run the original game quite well.

His point on ScummVM is technically speaking true though, when you play with ScummVM, you don't play the original game.

But to add to the discussion, one factor is system requirements. Both DosBox and ScummVM need quite low system resources, whereas running the remastered version even in the original mode (or whatever they call it) requires much more hardware power.
Double Fine = Tim Schaefer = Not a Cent anymore in my life!

Same with Dean Hall and Peter Molyneux for me, they will never ever be worth a cent for me!

Sorry, but the Kickstarter fail is enough for me, this p+#.-+ö#äöüp is dead for me.
Slightly off topic, but people seem to be discussing iTunes and what-not.

If iTunes is DRM-free now, why was my ex unable to burn more than two copies of her own music (that she ripped herself, not bought or downloaded) less than 3 years ago if this apparent DRM-free thing started 8 years ago?
Turbotobi: Double Fine = Tim Schaefer = Not a Cent anymore in my life!

Same with Dean Hall and Peter Molyneux for me, they will never ever be worth a cent for me!

Sorry, but the Kickstarter fail is enough for me, this p+#.-+ö#äöüp is dead for me.
Grow up and get over it.
Turbotobi: Double Fine = Tim Schaefer = Not a Cent anymore in my life!

Strange. I've supported all Kickstarter projects from Double Fine and non failed for me.
You should really get over it.

ChrisRevocateur: If iTunes is DRM-free now, why was my ex unable to burn more than two copies of her own music (that she ripped herself, not bought or downloaded) less than 3 years ago if this apparent DRM-free thing started 8 years ago?
AFAIK to use iTunes you have to install this piece of #%§ first, that's more DRM than I can handle!
Wasn't there also a "feature" which scans your existing collection and sometimes does weird stuff?
Post edited March 15, 2017 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
jrich3500: Double FIne did The Day of the Tenticle remastered, that one has both orginal and remaster version that you can toggle between. So your wrong.
gamefood: I guess tburger knows that and s/he meant the classic standalone games as bonus goodies, not the "toggle-between-them"-crap.
When such a feature gets labelled as crap, you just know you're dealing with a bunch of over entitled whiners. People like you are why we can't have nice things.
gamefood: I guess tburger knows that and s/he meant the classic standalone games as bonus goodies, not the "toggle-between-them"-crap.
darthspudius: When such a feature gets labelled as crap, you just know you're dealing with a bunch of over entitled whiners. People like you are why we can't have nice things.
So not true. My laptop isn't very old or underpowered (2.9 GHz Core i5 processor, 8 GB RAM) but because of the system requirements for the remasters (which requires AT LEAST a newer version of Intel integrated graphics than mine has) I cannot play these games on my laptop (I do have a gaming desktop, so I'm still gonna get the game, but that's a bit besides the point).

The people that are "whining" want to be able to play a legal version of an old game on hardware that is far better than the hardware that the original game was made for, but can't, because these remasters require capabilities FAR beyond the original games just to boot up to even put it in "original" mode.

And yes, I tried with the DotT remaster.
high rated
ChrisRevocateur: If iTunes is DRM-free now, why was my ex unable to burn more than two copies of her own music (that she ripped herself, not bought or downloaded) less than 3 years ago if this apparent DRM-free thing started 8 years ago?
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: AFAIK to use iTunes you have to install this piece of #%§ first, that's more DRM than I can handle!
Wasn't there also a "feature" which scans your existing collection and sometimes does weird stuff?
Yes, I seem to recall iTunes somehow deleting files that weren't even related to iTunes in any way.
Then again, if you use Apple products, encountering any kind of user limitations shouldn't be any kind of surprise.

I really don't understand why people use services like iTunes. Even if we somehow would believe that it's all DRM-free (which I don't believe, but having never used the service, I really don't know), it still doesn't change the fact that everything you get from there is lossy. To the best of my knowledge Apple is so much against FLAC, that even their hardware (iPhones, etc.) don't play FLAC files.

I simply refuse to pay for lossy content, and that's why I haven't bought any non-physical forms of music to this date.
PixelBoy: I simply refuse to pay for lossy content, and that's why I haven't bought any non-physical forms of music to this date.
Bandcamp offers FLAC (or even WAV & AIFF if for some reason you want it) already track tagged & cover thumbnailed that you download directly from your browser. They have very competitive pricing. I wish all music that I like was available on Bandcamp.