It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount! The game will be out on April 18th.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.
Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with four mighty fine wallpapers available as a pre-order bonus!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsFYQSLv3Qs?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
I seriously wonder when the linux will be delivered then. I pre-ordered it thinking it will be day 1. If we are talking months, then I will consider this deal broken.
Midoryu: I was thinking about getting this, but given there's time until release anyway and coverage on the remaster is lacking, I've bought the kind of inofficial soundtrack to the game instead: Bone to Pick by The Gone Jackals from 1995. No regrets.
:D
Attachments:
img_4520.png (328 Kb)
high rated
Hi everyone,

We would like to apologize for the mix up about the availability of the Mac & Linux versions on release day for Full Throttle Remastered and we would like to remind you that pre-orders can be refunded at any time. Please write to our Support center by following this link: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Post edited March 17, 2017 by maladr0Id
Midoryu: I was thinking about getting this, but given there's time until release anyway and coverage on the remaster is lacking, I've bought the kind of inofficial soundtrack to the game instead: Bone to Pick by The Gone Jackals from 1995. No regrets.
guppy44: :D Picture: https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2017/03/ba359bdbc99984d9c34c10fac51f7abddc034107.PNG
Hehehe... Took me a while to get it, admittedly... Um..Thanks for that... I guess?

Edit: Formatting.
Post edited March 18, 2017 by Midoryu
JudasIscariot: Hi everyone,

We would like to apologize for the mix up about the availability of the Mac & Linux versions on release day for Full Throttle Remastered and we would like to remind you that pre-orders can be refunded at any time. Please write to our Support center by following this link: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I won't go through cancelling it now (I trust @cheeseness who also worked on Day of The Tentacle remastered for Linux will do a good job), but you should probably have added this note in the actual release update.
Post edited March 17, 2017 by shmerl

"at any time" including after release? (if the game is not downloaded from the library) I would prefer to have first at least some vague information about probably time frame. Doesn't make much sense to refund when the linux will be out a week later, OTOH it doesn't make much sense to pay pre-order price for a game which will be available 1 year later (when it will be maybe already with 50% sale).
Just a quick question, are the pre-order wallpapers bonuses already available for download and if so where could we find them? Thanks to whoever provides an answer.

ped7g: "at any time" including after release? (if the game is not downloaded from the library) I would prefer to have first at least some vague information about probably time frame. Doesn't make much sense to refund when the linux will be out a week later, OTOH it doesn't make much sense to pay pre-order price for a game which will be available 1 year later (when it will be maybe already with 50% sale).
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/sections/202775489-GOG-Money-Back-Guarantee-Policy

11. What about pre-orders?
You can cancel pre-orders at any time before the game's release, and get the money back.
Beyond that, there's the 30-day "the game doesn't work and GOG can't help you fix it" refund system. There have also been a mention somewhere that you can refund a game as long as you have not downloaded any of its files, but I can't find it in the new FAQ/support section.
obi4ammama: Just a quick question, are the pre-order wallpapers bonuses already available for download and if so where could we find them? Thanks to whoever provides an answer.
If they are available, you should be able to find them on your shelf, expand the game and you should find it under Game Goodies.
Post edited March 18, 2017 by Maighstir
jrich3500: I have a laptop that doesn't even have a video card its like HD 4000 or something its weak and it plays day of the tenticle remastered just fine, where you can switch between modes. I can't imagine the cpu usage being a problem unless your computer 10 years old or something, in that case time for an upgrade, i wouldn't blame the devs for poor optimization if you have a dinosaur for a computer. I like my laptop because it plays all the point and click games, the hardcore 3d games are for the desktop that has a good videocard. I suppose if you have really old laptop it could have problems.

Also if you haven't picked up day of the tenticle remastered, i'd pick it up on the sale, dirt cheap for the quality you get with that game.
Okay. I have Intel HD 3000 graphics. DotT doesn't play on it. It was a freaking DOS game, and I can't even boot the game to put it in original mode to play it on my laptop.

When you can't play a game made 24 years ago on a laptop that is 6 years old, in it's original, unremastered form, you have NOT optimized your remaster well. This is why people want the original game included in the remasters, because the remasters have way too high of system requirements.
jrich3500: I have a laptop that doesn't even have a video card its like HD 4000 or something its weak and it plays day of the tenticle remastered just fine, where you can switch between modes. I can't imagine the cpu usage being a problem unless your computer 10 years old or something, in that case time for an upgrade, i wouldn't blame the devs for poor optimization if you have a dinosaur for a computer. I like my laptop because it plays all the point and click games, the hardcore 3d games are for the desktop that has a good videocard. I suppose if you have really old laptop it could have problems.

Also if you haven't picked up day of the tenticle remastered, i'd pick it up on the sale, dirt cheap for the quality you get with that game.
ChrisRevocateur: Okay. I have Intel HD 3000 graphics. DotT doesn't play on it. It was a freaking DOS game, and I can't even boot the game to put it in original mode to play it on my laptop.

When you can't play a game made 24 years ago on a laptop that is 6 years old, in it's original, unremastered form, you have NOT optimized your remaster well. This is why people want the original game included in the remasters, because the remasters have way too high of system requirements.
Here are my laptop specs for my asus x553ma: Celeron N2830 2.16GHz Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile 4GB ram.
Runs day of the tenticle remastered fine, I run leisure suit larry remastered, although it did crash couple times. Overall runs my point and click games but I need an upgrade its very underpowered, I can't play 3d games on this thing.
ChrisRevocateur: Okay. I have Intel HD 3000 graphics. DotT doesn't play on it. It was a freaking DOS game, and I can't even boot the game to put it in original mode to play it on my laptop.

jrich3500: Here are my laptop specs for my asus x553ma: Celeron N2830 2.16GHz Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile 4GB ram.
Runs day of the tenticle remastered fine, I run leisure suit larry remastered, although it did crash couple times. Overall runs my point and click games but I need an upgrade its very underpowered, I can't play 3d games on this thing.
Huh. I pre-ordered the DotT remaster, and at least on the day it was released, it did not support HD 3000. Just checked the store page, and the requirements now say HD 3000 is the minimum. They must have done some optimization work in an update.

Still, the fact that even HD 3000 is required to get graphics that look like this is ridiculous.
ped7g: "at any time" including after release? (if the game is not downloaded from the library) I would prefer to have first at least some vague information about probably time frame. Doesn't make much sense to refund when the linux will be out a week later, OTOH it doesn't make much sense to pay pre-order price for a game which will be available 1 year later (when it will be maybe already with 50% sale).
Maighstir: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/sections/202775489-GOG-Money-Back-Guarantee-Policy

11. What about pre-orders?
You can cancel pre-orders at any time before the game's release, and get the money back.
Maighstir: Beyond that, there's the 30-day "the game doesn't work and GOG can't help you fix it" refund system. There have also been a mention somewhere that you can refund a game as long as you have not downloaded any of its files, but I can't find it in the new FAQ/support section.
obi4ammama: Just a quick question, are the pre-order wallpapers bonuses already available for download and if so where could we find them? Thanks to whoever provides an answer.
Maighstir: If they are available, you should be able to find them on your shelf, expand the game and you should find it under Game Goodies.
Thank you for the help :). I cant find an option Game goodies when i expand full throttle at the moment. I was just wondering if i am experiencing a technical problem, becouse if i understand the main post correctly, the wallpapers should be already available for download.
jrich3500: Here are my laptop specs for my asus x553ma: Celeron N2830 2.16GHz Intel HD Graphics 3000 Mobile 4GB ram.
ChrisRevocateur: Huh. I pre-ordered the DotT remaster, and at least on the day it was released, it did not support HD 3000. Just checked the store page, and the requirements now say HD 3000 is the minimum. They must have done some optimization work in an update.

Still, the fact that even HD 3000 is required to get graphics that look like this is ridiculous.
The screenshot is how the original version looked like. If you are playing the remastered version you may switch to classic mode but the remastered version is still running in the background driving the whole game. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you want a 24-year old game to run on non-modern hardware you have to run this 24-year old version and not a remastered version which of course requires more current graphics API and has higher CPU requirements etc.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Fiasco? What would those people have said if DF only got those requested $400,000, it would have been just a short and simple Flash game. But it all got a lot bigger.
And the promise actually was to create a game and document the process, being it a success OR a failure. I don't think Turbotobi was a backer or he never watched to documentary which he paid for.
PixelBoy: ...(Hero-U, SpaceVenture, and whatever else).
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Even those haven't failed (yet), they are late (very late...), but both are still working on it.
But of course there are Kickstarter projects out there which actually failed.
Whew, just read the comments and thought wait a second I backed Hero-U and SpaceVenture, but I've not been keeping up with the updates or the project status (so little time lately). Glad to hear they are still plodding along, I obviously wasn't in any great hurry to start playing.

I think I've been lucky so far in that I haven't had any projects I backed, declared dead, just delayed.
Post edited March 19, 2017 by deonast
ChrisRevocateur: Huh. I pre-ordered the DotT remaster, and at least on the day it was released, it did not support HD 3000. Just checked the store page, and the requirements now say HD 3000 is the minimum. They must have done some optimization work in an update.

Sir_Kill_A_Lot: The screenshot is how the original version looked like. If you are playing the remastered version you may switch to classic mode but the remastered version is still running in the background driving the whole game. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you want a 24-year old game to run on non-modern hardware you have to run this 24-year old version and not a remastered version which of course requires more current graphics API and has higher CPU requirements etc.
Dude, have you even been listening? THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT! For people that just want to play the original version of the game, running in "classic mode" is not a solution. This is why people are still asking for the original to be included alongside the remasters, because we still don't have a legal digital distribution of the originals, which is what (at least for some people) was the point of the wishlisted games.