It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Narakir: Did anyone report on it? Sounds odd.
I don't think so, I was just "Oh realy ? ugh okey" when I played it and went on with my life and played the game for another 15 hours before putting it down, that's not hard to do you know and I'm sure that if the game in question is good, people who really like games can go past a small political decision they don't like.
Narakir: Did anyone report on it? Sounds odd.
Narakir: I don't think so, I was just "Oh realy ? ugh okey" when I played it and went on with my life and played the game for another 15 hours before putting it down, that's not hard to do you know and I'm sure that if the game in question is good, people who really like games can go past a small political decision they don't like.
But was that relayed anywhere or did only the players know about it? It's not a big deal, just lame.
Spectre: and right below it is a sensationalist comment from another angle.
richlind33: Really?
The post in the comment I was quoting, not literally below the post I was quoting.
Anyway does anyone know what this strange message from Playtronic means.

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/845334801934680064

Some people are taking it to mean an insult but it could also be criticism at the current situation where in order to work in the industry you have to act like a corporate drone and shut up.
low rated
Spectre: Anyway does anyone know what this strange message from Playtronic means.

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/845334801934680064

Some people are taking it to mean an insult but it could also be criticism at the current situation where in order to work in the industry you have to act like a corporate drone and shut up.
It's generating a lot of buzz. lol
Hey everyone,

This is just a friendly reminder to everyone involved in this thread - please be mindful of what you post in this thread and how. I have nothing against threads and posts discussing politics, but this thread is well on its way to becoming another one of the threads that attract serial breaking of the forum rules and eventually have to be closed. Thanks!
high rated
fables22: Hey everyone,

This is just a friendly reminder to everyone involved in this thread - please be mindful of what you post in this thread and how. I have nothing against threads and posts discussing politics, but this thread is well on its way to becoming another one of the threads that attract serial breaking of the forum rules and eventually have to be closed. Thanks!
A friendly reminder? Seriously? Look, I don't want to tell you how to handle the forums, but... I think we're heading towards a highly questionable "vicious circle of fun" right now. People post whatever crap they want on Friday evening, go completely nuts over the weekend, receive their 48 hours ban on Tuesday or Wednesday (whenever you find your time for the 10% "spare-time work" that is the forum) and are free to shitpost on Friday evening again.

So... well... maybe it'd be a great idea to make Friday ban-day? It'd probably save you some work the next week!?
Attachments:
da-hammer.jpg (470 Kb)
low rated
Friday is Ban Day every week at Chuck E. Cheese!

real.geizterfahr: A friendly reminder? Seriously? Look, I don't want to tell you how to handle the forums, but... I think we're heading towards a highly questionable "vicious circle of fun" right now. People post whatever crap they want on Friday evening, go completely nuts over the weekend, receive their 48 hours ban on Tuesday or Wednesday (whenever you find your time for the 10% "spare-time work" that is the forum) and are free to shitpost on Friday evening again.

So... well... maybe it'd be a great idea to make Friday ban-day? It'd probably save you some work the next week!?
I'm really not sure how much of a difference that would make. We're not heading towards anything that we weren't heading towards before or what we're heading towards every day of the week.
low rated
Bookwyrm627: Efficient use of resources means targeting crime prevention efforts at the areas where crime is more likely to occur.
dtgreene: Actually, in this case, efficient use of resources means targeting crime prevention efforts at the areas where crime has actually occurred more often.
That's racist. Even the dumb data science for babbies book got it right. No one knows where crime actually occurred more often, there's only data on arrests / charges / convictions. There's no other data to extrapolate from. If the system is racist, disadvantaged people are arrested, charged AND convicted more often, which means more policing. Meanwhile, because resources are finite, cops harass other people less, which means less crime.

Efficient use of resources means doing things which provably reduce future damage from crime. With corruption and racism and sadistic perverts everywhere, this is difficult to assess.

Bookwyrm627: Charging more for insurance: This is all about identifying where the payouts are more likely to occur (or larger).
Then, what insurance is even for? If companies are allowed to subdivide pools to hypothetically pinpointing my payouts with perfect accuracy, why do I even need a middleman grifter between me and the payment recipient?
low rated
dtgreene: Actually, in this case, efficient use of resources means targeting crime prevention efforts at the areas where crime has actually occurred more often.
Starmaker: That's racist. Even the dumb data science for babbies book got it right. No one knows where crime actually occurred more often, there's only data on arrests / charges / convictions. There's no other data to extrapolate from. If the system is racist, disadvantaged people are arrested, charged AND convicted more often, which means more policing. Meanwhile, because resources are finite, cops harass other people less, which means less crime.

Efficient use of resources means doing things which provably reduce future damage from crime. With corruption and racism and sadistic perverts everywhere, this is difficult to assess.

Bookwyrm627: Charging more for insurance: This is all about identifying where the payouts are more likely to occur (or larger).
Starmaker: Then, what insurance is even for? If companies are allowed to subdivide pools to hypothetically pinpointing my payouts with perfect accuracy, why do I even need a middleman grifter between me and the payment recipient?
You did read Fables post right? :P
Calm down.
I'm pretty sure she was speaking to EVERYONE here, not just the conservatives.
Starmaker: Then, what insurance is even for? If companies are allowed to subdivide pools to hypothetically pinpointing my payouts with perfect accuracy, why do I even need a middleman grifter between me and the payment recipient?
As I understand it, and in very broad strokes, people pay for insurance so that if something goes wrong, money is available to correct it.

For example, auto insurance is required to have a license here in the US, with the idea being that money will be available to the innocent party even if the one who caused the accident can't afford to pay to fix/replace the vehicle.

Health insurance is bought so money is available if/when high medical costs are incurred.

Theoretically, insurance companies try to balance offering premiums low enough to attract customers and having premiums high enough to cover when people actually trigger a policy. So if jewish people as a whole are much more likely to have health conditions, then their policies are likely to cost more. If young people are more likely to cause driving accidents, then young people are more likely to trigger costs, so their policies are likely to be higher. This is also why a death insurance policy for a 20 year-old tends to be much, much cheaper than the same coverage for a 70 year old.

If insurance companies could subdivide pools with perfect accuracy, then each individual person would be paying money based on their specific health risks + conditions. Insurance policies tend to go up after being used (or in the event of demonstrated risky behavior, like driving significantly over the speed limit) because the individual person has demonstrated they may be/are more likely to trigger policy pay outs.

The question becomes "How much subdivision is allowed, and how much of the burden must people without problems pay to offset those with problems?"
Post edited March 27, 2017 by Bookwyrm627
low rated

Us "sub-humans" think perhaps it might have been locked some time ago.

But seriously. White people. Why do they smell so bad in the rain? Like wet dog. It's really weird. So much for superiority.
low rated
tinyE: You did read Fables post right? :P
She probably has Fables muted :D
low rated
tinyE: You did read Fables post right? :P
Breja: She probably has Fables muted :D
Why not, she has 90% of the forum muted.