It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
rtcvb32: And who they are bringing in, the birth rate is 8.1 per household...
Where the hell did you get that number from??? According to Federal Statistical Office the birthrate for German women is 1.3, for women with a migration background it is 1.6. Women from Turkey (the biggest group of muslims in Germany) who live in Germany have a birthrate of 1.8 and for women from Africa it's 2.6. Rates for the last two groups are sinking the longer the women live in Germany though.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/studien-droht-eine-islamisierung-deutschlands-13405013.html
low rated
rtcvb32: Immigration and breeding.

It sounds silly, but it's not
It sounds silly, because it IS. It's amazing that the internet, with its promise of free access to all information and viewpoints and opinions, has instead resulted today in even MORE isolated pockets of self-perpetuating false information. People with a certain opinion find groups and sources that support that opinion, ignore all facts to the contrary and build up even more isolated and slowly radicalising opinions, until we have stuff that is so patently obviously false, that is just taken for granted and accepted. And all this is helped out even further by only showing you search results that would support your view, recommending you videos that already agree with you, and "news" articles that perpetuate what you already think is true, and ignore the other stuff, culminating in ridiculous stories about "Eurabia" and "Europe will be Islamic in the next X years" and "There are muslim only zones in Europe where even the police don't dare enter", all stuff that is so obviously nonsense that a simple action of sitting down and thinking about it shows that it can't be true, that is actually taken seriously now in the name of scaremongering and conspiracy theories.

Your Demographic video is nonsense
Post edited March 26, 2017 by babark
low rated
babark: It sounds silly, because it IS. It's amazing that the internet, with its promise of free access to all information and viewpoints and opinions, has instead resulted today in even MORE isolated pockets of self-perpetuating false information. People with a certain opinion find groups and sources that support that opinion, ignore all facts to the contrary and build up even more isolated and slowly radicalizing opinions
I watched the video in passing the other day, and I do admit I didn't look to verify the birth rates presented (mostly didn't occur to me to verify those numbers perhaps it's old data; In the Netherlands just last week they are urging them to have 5 babies instead of 3).

Regardless if it's by birthing, or purely immigration I have little doubt it will still happen. At least as long as they are open borders friendly like Merkel, and doing everything they can not to criticize, arrest or otherwise hinder them in any way.
Post edited March 26, 2017 by rtcvb32
What would Richard Pryor say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxtixtZzU2c
Vainamoinen: And yet the Disney Corporation is making anti-racist statements literally by the minute and politically through their art (maybe you should boycott them for infusing their work with political stances?).

They have done so for many decades (I watched "Adventures in Babysitting" this week and their statement on gun culture in the US continues to greatly amuse me), though of course racist sentiments are still expressed in their art in older movies (I don't watch 'Peter Pan' any more – my favorite movie as a kid, because it just feels too icky).

What have we heard from JonTron in that respect? An "apology" that apologized for absolutely nothing. Fuck him. And fuck everyone who is STILL following him.
So, not-Walt Disney apologized and you accept it so it is okay. Jontron apologized, but is not okay because you dont accept it. Whatever convinces you that you arent being hypocritical with yourself.

Not going to respond to the rest of what you said because it completely misrepresents the points I was making. I already expressed that I am not arguing for what Jon was saying, nor was I arguing about Playtonics free speech. I already explained why I boycotted the game, and it is because of the political bullying. Maybe if you spent your effort trying to understand my position, rather than just trying to argue it, I would have been more willing to engage with you further.

Edit: Though I will say thanks for not providing the sources I asked you for.

Edit 2: additions, this is all I will post about this in this thread. I'm getting bored of it.

Edit 3: words. Sorry if I sounded more accusative than I meant to. Hope you have a good rest of your day/week.

Edit 4: Second refund has been completed.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by Pupcakes
rtcvb32: I watched the video in passing the other day, and I do admit I didn't look to verify the birth rates presented (mostly didn't occur to me to verify those numbers perhaps it's old data; In the Netherlands just last week they are urging them to have 5 babies instead of 3).

Regardless if it's by birthing, or purely immigration I have little doubt it will still happen. At least as long as they are open borders friendly like Merkel, and doing everything they can not to criticize, arrest or otherwise hinder them in any way.
The video you linked is from 2009, so yes, it purports to be "old data", but the point is, it was absolutely false for the time it came out as well, as the response I linked is from 2009 as well, and shows it to be false. It is just as false today, as PaterAlf linked.

This is what I meant about enclosed, self-perpetuating bubbles. It doesn't matter what the data says, there is already an opinion formed, and that must be so, and any data that contradicts it must be ignored. This is how sensationalist news/conspiracy organisations work and exploit.

Anyhow, you say that due to immigration/birthrates, Germany will become an Islamic country by 2050. Whether you mean demographic-wise, religion-wise, whatever, I'm pretty sure that's absurd. So...how about a wager? If it so happens, on the 1st of March 2050, I'll give you today's equivalent of $500. If it doesn't happen, I get from you, today's equivalent of $500.

I already got $50 when the world didn't end in December 2012, so I figure this would be nice as well.
Breja: wonder... is this normal now?
Welcome to 2017 Internet, where have you been the last three years ?

Breja: I mean, did this happen to every kind of "group", or did something fry the brains of gamers in particular?
I don't think it has anything to do with gamers but everything to do with the ultra-polarized political climate we are living in (at least on the Net), if you don't see it in other site / forum it's often because either those have a very strict no-politics / no-religion threads policy ( or if you are unlucky, because the mods are biased toward one side and immediately ban / delete any attempt at any sort of dissension).
Breja: Good grief.

I wonder... is this normal now? I mean, did this happen to every kind of "group", or did something fry the brains of gamers in particular? Because it feels to my like the gaming community has become insanely radicalised and seems to be more interested in arguing politics with games as merely an excuse, and sometimes not even that. I'm not saying there's something wrong in principle in discussing politics, but the level of the "discussion" if it can even be called that, the intensity of it and how it comes up again and again is remarkable.
We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it, but we tried to fight it
low rated
From what I've seen of the game it doesn't look that great to begin with, as for Jon Tron he said things and went political, maybe the developers simply wanted to keep their game politically neutral and associating with him made this impossible.

I don't remember anyone making such a fit when at the end of the tutorial of Stardock's game Offworld Trading Company they made a Trump reference in a manner you could interpret as positive, that was completely out of tone and a blatant attempt to insert a political reference in a video game, but did anyone complained about it ? Nope.
@Narakir

Human psychology 101: negative actions (butt)hurts more than not refraining from positive ones.
low rated
rtcvb32: Germany at this rate will become an Islamic country. I watched a UN presentation (2007-2008) saying it would by 2050 be an Islamic Republic.
PaterAlf: Right at the moment there are 4.4 to 4.7 million muslims living in Germany. That's 5.5 to 5.7% of the whole population. Out of those about one million are so called "cultural muslims", which means they come from country where the islam is common, but don't practice their religion anymore.

[url=http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/zahl-der-muslime-in-deutschland-wie-viel-millionen-sind-es.886.de.html?dram:article_id=375505]http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/zahl-der-muslime-in-deutschland-wie-viel-millionen-sind-es.886.de.html?dram:article_id=375505[/url]

So how exactly will Germany become an Islamic Religion in just 30 years???
What happened to you not taking the bait? lol

r-ichi-e: @Narakir

Human psychology 101: negative actions (butt)hurts more than not refraining from positive ones.
Not screwing the pooch is more positive than helping little, old ladies cross the road.
Post edited March 26, 2017 by richlind33
PaterAlf: This is not going to happen. GOG is a global company that wants to sell their products to customers worldwide. Now look at some comments in this thread. Why would GOG allow a subforum in which people can insult a part of their customers base (For example as "violent, terrorist, warmongering, oppressive, genital mutilating, pedoohiliac, satanic-worshiping hate cult of non-human parasites" like seen in this post)?
and right below it is a sensationalist comment from another angle.
low rated
PaterAlf: This is not going to happen. GOG is a global company that wants to sell their products to customers worldwide. Now look at some comments in this thread. Why would GOG allow a subforum in which people can insult a part of their customers base (For example as "violent, terrorist, warmongering, oppressive, genital mutilating, pedoohiliac, satanic-worshiping hate cult of non-human parasites" like seen in this post)?
Spectre: and right below it is a sensationalist comment from another angle.
Really?
Shadowstalker16: We need a politics thread. Where things like this can be discussed. There is no other way. There are 3 or 4 posts at most discussing the JonTron topic in the last 3 pages.
"we" do not NEED any such thing. "We" want to talk about games in general, and if "we" wanted to discuss politics "we" would go somewhere else where it is more appropriate, not to a game store. There are tons of sites (reddit, 4 chan, etc) for you when you feel the need for a political discussion.
low rated
Shadowstalker16: We need a politics thread. Where things like this can be discussed. There is no other way. There are 3 or 4 posts at most discussing the JonTron topic in the last 3 pages.
amok: "we" do not NEED any such thing. "We" want to talk about games in general, and if "we" wanted to discuss politics "we" would go somewhere else where it is more appropriate, not to a game store. There are tons of sites (reddit, 4 chan, etc) for you when you feel the need for a political discussion.
"You" are perfectly free to exercise your right to not participate in topics that don't interest "you".

Try it sometime.