It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cw8: Looks like good feedback so far:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017859
Does the game have an epic orchestral score like Zelda Skyward Sword:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKcTSN7Sr9s&list=PLC5AE6E1EEA630D30&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fV17aNKHXw&list=PLC5AE6E1EEA630D30&index=56

And is character movement not as slow as Baldur's Gate 1?

(Forgive me if I sound like I am saying stupid questions because truly I have not followed this game for awhile now because I wanted to keep it a surprise.)
Elmofongo: Does the game have an epic orchestral score like Zelda Skyward Sword:

And is character movement not as slow as Baldur's Gate 1?

(Forgive me if I sound like I am saying stupid questions because truly I have not followed this game for awhile now because I wanted to keep it a surprise.)
You can toggle "Fast" mode in POE to speed up everything twice as fast, that includes movement.

I haven't heard anything epic in POE's beta, not sure about the full game. BG2 had incredibly epic scores such as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEK84_OSb38
Elmofongo: And is character movement not as slow as Baldur's Gate 1?
You can increase the speed of the game so chracters walk faster. There is certainly 2x speed, not sure if different. So between fights one can speed things up if it seems too slow.
Even standard movement speed should be higher than in BG1 considering it was already higher in BG2. From what I saw so far it haven't seemed too slow.

EDIT: One could say it is closer to cw8's posting speed than mine. :-)
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Vitek
Did PoE end up still only having a bit over 4 million by the end?

Wasteland 2 ended up getting a lot more funding through early access. So did Divinity Original Sin. And Torment: ToN according to their site still has contributors and they are over 4.8 million since the kickstarter.

Just curious if it got any other funding.
MMLN: Well, we might disagree on SCL. From what I have seen an read about the game, you will love it if you loved Dragon Age Origins or Dungeon Siege, and you will be very disappointed if you liked classic Infinity Engine games and NWN2.

At the moment, it looks for me, that I might get SCL if it hits GoG sale with price under 7.50 EUR
JinseiNGC224: Seeing I greatly enjoy all those games and played them to death I have nothing to be disappointed about ;)

I'm very open minded and accepting of different game styles, engines, and everything else. As long as a game isn't bug ridden and is more or less finished, that's what matters. I'm also not picky about prices, because it will most likely NOT be only 7.50 EUR. I'd still buy it regardless here though.
I am a patient person and I have very big backlog atm. Also Pillars of Eternity will keep me busy for very, very long time. So when I am done with PoE, SCL might be even cheaper than 7,50 ;)
JinseiNGC224: Did PoE end up still only having a bit over 4 million by the end?

Wasteland 2 ended up getting a lot more funding through early access. So did Divinity Original Sin. And Torment: ToN according to their site still has contributors and they are over 4.8 million since the kickstarter.

Just curious if it got any other funding.
PoE had slacker backer campaign as well, maintained directly by Obsidian on their portal. I bought few more copies last year for my friends.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by MMLN
JinseiNGC224: Did PoE end up still only having a bit over 4 million by the end?
It did. I their last Update of 2013, Obsidian mentioned that they were able to acquire over 4.3M $ (Kickstarter + Paypal)
No info regarding Slacker Backer or Early Access though.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Sir_Dupre
Elmofongo: Does the game have an epic orchestral score like Zelda Skyward Sword:
Judge for yourself: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70258-pillars-of-eternity-main-theme-orchestral-version/

(I think there's a post from the composer somewhere saying some tracks are orchestral, some use a smaller number of instruments and maybe some synth; but I couldn't find it at speed.)
VanishedOne: Judge for yourself: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70258-pillars-of-eternity-main-theme-orchestral-version/

(I think there's a post from the composer somewhere saying some tracks are orchestral, some use a smaller number of instruments and maybe some synth; but I couldn't find it at speed.)
Was Baldur's Gate 1 entirely synth? I cannot tell when I played it.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Elmofongo
I just glanced and the DLCs now have download links on GOG. I haven't actually tried to download them, being at work and all...
yyahoo: I just glanced and the DLCs now have download links on GOG. I haven't actually tried to download them, being at work and all...
Still locked. If you try to DL the DLer disconnects and gives an error.
It's starting! Downloading the bonus stuff now. :3
yyahoo: I just glanced and the DLCs now have download links on GOG. I haven't actually tried to download them, being at work and all...
Coelocanth: Still locked. If you try to DL the DLer disconnects and gives an error.
What if you don't use the DLer?
Okay, looks like you can grab the (horribly outdated and erroneous) manual as well as the pre-order bonus items. Nothing else yet though.
Coelocanth: Still locked. If you try to DL the DLer disconnects and gives an error.
yyahoo: What if you don't use the DLer?
You can get the manual and pre-order items. Other links give you a 403 Forbidden error so far.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by Coelocanth
Coelocanth: Okay, looks like you can grab the (horribly outdated and erroneous) manual as well as the pre-order bonus items. Nothing else yet though.
yyahoo: What if you don't use the DLer?
Coelocanth: You can get the manual and pre-order items. Other links give you a 403 Forbidden error so far.
The only other link that I see is for a "Cookbook". Granted, I've never used the Downloader...

Edit: I take that back. Now I see Windows Installer Part 1, 2 and 3 totaling 4.2 GB.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by yyahoo
Is Obsidian the new Bioware? I used to love Bioware, before EA came along and ruined it... POE looks mighty promising, I just hope they won't release 100eds of DLCs Paradox Style.. (I know that there is one expansion planned, and I hope it remains at that).