It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

VABlitz: Been away from the site for awhile and just noticed I not only got the collector's edition in the mail, but also received two digital copies.

Does anyone know if all of these are tied to me...or could I gift one of the digital ones to someone and perhaps the collector's edition? I just plan on keeping the Royal Edition, gifting the Hero Edition and the boxed CE. Is this okay to do, or a morally gray area?
They're not tied to you. You can gift them as you please.
Has any aussie backers received their physical goods? I have received nothing.I just noticed on tracker says shipping label created. Thats it. Email says it should have arrived between April 7th to 13th.Nothing.No card. No parcel.
I haven't heard anything from my physical box. Still says "Shipping soon" in the Obsidian account. :/

There's people who got theirs like 2 months ago.
Daliz: I haven't heard anything from my physical box. Still says "Shipping soon" in the Obsidian account. :/

I got mine a week ago, but I would contact Obsidian about it if I were you.
Daliz: I haven't heard anything from my physical box. Still says "Shipping soon" in the Obsidian account. :/

My 500$ tier package arrived last Tuesday, so yeah, contact Obsidian.
Got email from paradox after emailing Obsidian support about my missing CE order. They agreed to ship another one to me .Now the wait....
Okay, I missed the information earlier that the normal boxes are not shipped out yet, only the CE's and stuff.

Normal boxed versions are shipping soon and they have the DRM-free discs in them (v1.04), so no discless boxes for normal box backers.
Received my CE boxes stuff a few weeks ago. I also received an email today about the actual DVD discs being sent...
low rated
Jarmo: Hummm... the goal in 1 day, about 200k more the next.
I'll pull a projection from my butt and say it'll go down to 50k/day almost right away and even lower.
Hitting 2 million is probable, 2,5 possible and 3 unlikely.

I'm sure someone can make an accurate prediction a month from now,
but how about making a guess right now?
Starmaker: They will have similar dynamics to Double Fine's kickstarter. And there are more RPG fans than adventure fans. Plus the PR/market situation is favorable: DA2, ME3 and D3 are widely disliked by geeks, who I think are still the majority of the Kickstarter audience. An adventure game anti-fandom does not exist.

I think they will beat Wasteland 2, Double Fine and Reaper, but not OUYA or Pebble. But a lot depends on how much they will reveal about the project - anything they reveal will only increase the total.

SimonG: I reject the notion that DRM is a sign of less consumer rights. If anything, DRM makes right holders more exposed to legal trouble. The right holder has more options of "enforcing" his rights, but we haven't lost a single right.

And I don't see games "disappearing" more or less than those of the '80s and '90s. Heck, if DRM causes piracy than this is actually a good thing, since the abandonware scene was better at preserving games than most companies.
Starmaker: Any "industry standard" enforced by an oligopoly is an infringement of consumer rights, because there's always a lag in legislation.

DRM has the same effect on game preservation that censorship has on culture: it motivates people to oppose it, but not having it in the first place would be way better. Public libraries and a lot of random people would have made a much, much better job of archiving than a handful of enthusiasts who were actively discouraged by both the law and the large gamer community.
mkm
Post edited October 30, 2018 by cuxa