It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just hope the spell effects aren't too *bright*, it's one thing from Neverwinter Nights 2 and other RPGs that annoys me. I liked how the IE games were quite minimalistic on spell effects, "mundane" even if you will.
Post edited May 14, 2014 by Crosmando
Crosmando: I just hope the spell effects aren't too *bright*, it's one thing from Neverwinter Nights 2 and other RPGs that annoys me. I liked how the IE games were quite minimalistic on spell effects, "mundane" even if you will.
I liked NwN 1's spell efffects. They were flashy enough to make you feel like a powerful caster in the game. (even if the Hellball was a bit anticlimactic since you could easily dodge all the damage from the epic spell)
Crosmando: I just hope the spell effects aren't too *bright*, it's one thing from Neverwinter Nights 2 and other RPGs that annoys me. I liked how the IE games were quite minimalistic on spell effects, "mundane" even if you will.
I hope it's somewhere in between, not too flashy not too muted. Hope buffs don't transform you into a glowing ball of light which hurts your eyes. I don't mind the higher level spells to be a little "epic" looking if possible, of course not too flashy or exaggerated.
FoxySage: I liked NwN 1's spell efffects. They were flashy enough to make you feel like a powerful caster in the game. (even if the Hellball was a bit anticlimactic since you could easily dodge all the damage from the epic spell)
I liked NWN2's Greater Missile Storm, and of course I kept spamming it with a Sorc. lol
Post edited May 14, 2014 by cw8
FoxySage: I liked NwN 1's spell efffects. They were flashy enough to make you feel like a powerful caster in the game. (even if the Hellball was a bit anticlimactic since you could easily dodge all the damage from the epic spell)
cw8: I liked NWN2's Greater Missile Storm, and of course I kept spamming it with a Sorc. lol
IIRC NwN 1's IGMS spell was way better. Didn't it get nerfed in nwn 2? idk, too long ago since i played those games. :|

I agree though, was fun spamming empowered and maximized IGMS spells with a sorc or wizard. :D
Post edited May 15, 2014 by FoxySage
New update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/873862

Hopefully we get a gameplay video at E3.
cw8: New update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/873862

Hopefully we get a gameplay video at E3.
Which it did not so far :(

Anyways whats the latest news on this game? Is it coming out this year?
Post edited June 13, 2014 by Elmofongo
Elmofongo: Which it did not so far :(

Supposed to iirc but I think it will be delayed quite a bit.
It just entered the beta phase in their latest update. Waiting to play the beta myself but I really hope they show more about the game through videos.
Apparently a bunch of journalists got to see the game behind closed doors at E3, they also got interviews with Obsidian's people.

I'm a bit miffed that they showed the game behind closed doors before showing it to backers, but I think the "embargo" on the journos talking about what they saw is lifted next Thursday, so that's probably when we'll see the gameplay footage too.
Elmofongo: Which it did not so far :(

cw8: Supposed to iirc but I think it will be delayed quite a bit.
It just entered the beta phase in their latest update. Waiting to play the beta myself but I really hope they show more about the game through videos.
What about Wasteland 2?
Crosmando: Apparently a bunch of journalists got to see the game behind closed doors at E3, they also got interviews with Obsidian's people.

I'm a bit miffed that they showed the game behind closed doors before showing it to backers, but I think the "embargo" on the journos talking about what they saw is lifted next Thursday, so that's probably when we'll see the gameplay footage too.
Wasteland 2?
Post edited June 14, 2014 by Elmofongo
No I was talking about PoE.
Crosmando: No I was talking about PoE.
No I meant whats going on with Wasteland 2 right now? Is it looking good? Is it still coming to GOG despite the Steam comments Brian Fargo made?
Elmofongo: No I meant whats going on with Wasteland 2 right now? Is it looking good? Is it still coming to GOG despite the Steam comments Brian Fargo made?
Yeah it's good, I'm actually playing it right at this second. I think it's shaping up to my favorite CRPG in a long time. And yes it's coming to GOG, always has been. Wasteland 1 is here too you know right.
Elmofongo: No I meant whats going on with Wasteland 2 right now? Is it looking good? Is it still coming to GOG despite the Steam comments Brian Fargo made?
I hope people wold stop jumping into conclusions when some dev says something positive about Steam. It's not like Fargo bad mouthed every other digital store when he said the compliments about Steam.

And yeah, W2 is looking pretty good. Needs a lot of balancing, but it is heading in the right direction.
tomimt: I hope people wold stop jumping into conclusions when some dev says something positive about Steam. It's not like Fargo bad mouthed every other digital store when he said the compliments about Steam.

And yeah, W2 is looking pretty good. Needs a lot of balancing, but it is heading in the right direction.
Just confirming if its not the case, I barely pay attention to this game until it comes out so I rather have opinions from people who played it.
It's coming out in end August this year. I've posted my opinions over at the Wasteland thread. It's still looking good but I can't deny I've got certain issues with the game.