It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vitek: Post made by dev on their forums:

"We will be providing both Steam and GOG digital versions of Eternity. The GOG version is still going to be released. The partnership with Paradox has not changed anything we have promised to our backers."
Good to hear.
Crosmando: Good agreement, similar to what Inxile are doing with WL2 and Deep Silver. But I would say that Paradox have perhaps the worst DLC model in the entire games industry.
Now personally I like their DLC model a lot as it give me the choice to buy what I like and not to buy what I do not want or need. However for a big RPG like PoE that model wouldn't be really fitting at all (and thats putting it nicely). So on the PoE forum I asked them about the weather or not Paradox got a saying in how DLC will look like and the answer was this.

To your question about influence, Obsidian still has 100% creative control over Eternity and any DLC or sequels spawned from it.
Wow, people sure panick quickly. It's Obsidian, guys =D
what about the physical copies backers will receive?
Reever: Wow, people sure panick quickly. It's Obsidian, guys =D
Not everyone likes them sadly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KxCSWGRu4
Niggles: what about the physical copies backers will receive?
What about them? We'll still get them.
Will they be drm free? Or steamed?
Elmofongo: Not everyone likes them sadly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KxCSWGRu4
That was a swear-fest alright. They're making good games, which are buggy at first, I guess :D

Niggles: Will they be drm free? Or steamed?
In the Q&A Adler answered he doesn't see why they shouldn't be DRM free, since that's what they planned for the games.
Post edited March 19, 2014 by Reever
This is good advice. I remember every time an Obsidian game was delayed I'd freak out, think "Oh god here we go another bug fest;" worry about the game, etc etc etc. I FINALLY got to the point when I realized, no matter how much I read on the internet about bugs, glitches and endings I personally ALWAYS absolutely loved their games. When I finally made my peace with that, and realized everything I played of theirs was total gold in my book, I too no longer panic when it comes to them. Obsidian sort of snuck their way into being one of my favorite developers and I can't wait for this one.
"RPS: Did you ever consider other publishers for Pillars of Eternity?

"Wester: Except for EA.

Urquhart: We talked to a number of other publishers. The challenge, for the bigger publishers, and honestly for us, we’d just become this little thing off in the corner. And you know what? Why do that to somebody? At that point we’d just do it ourselves. Because to be honest, that’s how even some of our bigger titles have been treated by publishers. We’re just little – 90 million dollars didn’t go into this game, so you get a junior PR person half the time. After having a few conversations, there was one other publisher that we did talk to more. But in the end, Paradox felt like the right choice."

wonder who the other publisher was? Bet Deep Silver .....
Ixamyakxim: This is good advice. I remember every time an Obsidian game was delayed I'd freak out, think "Oh god here we go another bug fest;" worry about the game, etc etc etc. I FINALLY got to the point when I realized, no matter how much I read on the internet about bugs, glitches and endings I personally ALWAYS absolutely loved their games. When I finally made my peace with that, and realized everything I played of theirs was total gold in my book, I too no longer panic when it comes to them. Obsidian sort of snuck their way into being one of my favorite developers and I can't wait for this one.
Same here, even with problems, I purchase all their games (well, except that South Park one...)

Niggles: wonder who the other publisher was? Bet Deep Silver .....
Well, considering Deep Siler is working with inXile to help with wasteland 2 distribution is a good guess
After reading the full update, the spell list is quite disappointing, mostly due to all spells being combat spells. The update even makes clear that spells are invented in the libraries and studies of Wizards, and more spells are invented every year, yet apparently every spell they invent is for the purpose of killing and maiming people. Not that I don't think magic if it was real would be used for war quite a bit, but it's such a boot to the face of verisimilitude when EVERY spell is made for combat. Apparently no one in the PoE world ever thought to invent a magic spell which could improve society or help people. D&D for example always had utility skills which could be used in non-combat scenarios, from the simple ones like making a light to see in a pitch black dark dungeon. Even something like a "Nature's Growth" spell which makes seeds and plants grow in an area would be good for a Druid, for example your party finds a farm where the recent crops have failed and the local people are starving, you can use that spell to make the crops grow so they don't all die.

Then again, same goes for pretty much everything about this project, there's a psychic class in this game called a Cypher, but ALL the spells are combat spells, I thought that the class would be perfect for a "Mind Reading" spell, whereby you can use it say once a day, you use it in dialogue and it gives you a hint (or more) depending on how talented you are, of what the NPC is thinking, so you could tell if they're lying for example.

Other stuff like: Your party is in a dungeon and comes to a gigantic chasm where a bridge has been broken, you can either take the long way round through a particularly dangerous part of the dungeon, or you can use Levitate to take your party from one side to the other.

It's disappointing, because I thought this game might take more creative influence from tabletop RPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up even more combat-centric than Icewind Dale.
Post edited March 19, 2014 by Crosmando
yeah... its an unfortunate gaming pitfall that magic focuses around combat and doesnt get other applications.
Look at the amount of stupid on this article:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/19/project-eternity-release-date/

Title: "Obsidian & Paradox On Eternity Team-Up, South Park Bugs". That's RPS picking on Obsidian again which I find disgusting since that Fallout NV review. I've completed South Park after 21 hours and have not experienced a single crash or bug.

"RPS: There’s the slight elephant in the room, which is that on consoles especially, South Park had some complaints about bugs and glitches and whatnot. What ended up happening there? You’ve been pretty adamant recently about having QA locked down. How did a rather worrisome number of bugs slip through so easily?"

"RPS: And yet, that was a consistent complaint in reviews from both critics and fans."

What a truckload of fail. Might as well just ask them to kiss their bethesda ass while they're at it since they put that skyrim pic at the top
Crosmando: After reading the full update, the spell list is quite disappointing, mostly due to all spells being combat spells. The update even makes clear that spells are invented in the libraries and studies of Wizards, and more spells are invented every year, yet apparently every spell they invent is for the purpose of killing and maiming people. Not that I don't think magic if it was real would be used for war quite a bit, but it's such a boot to the face of verisimilitude when EVERY spell is made for combat. Apparently no one in the PoE world ever thought to invent a magic spell which could improve society or help people. D&D for example always had utility skills which could be used in non-combat scenarios, from the simple ones like making a light to see in a pitch black dark dungeon. Even something like a "Nature's Growth" spell which makes seeds and plants grow in an area would be good for a Druid, for example your party finds a farm where the recent crops have failed and the local people are starving, you can use that spell to make the crops grow so they don't all die.
That' just a partial preview sample of spells I hope, I've always the impression that it was.
gandalf.nho: Same here, even with problems, I purchase all their games (well, except that South Park one...)
I've purchased all their games, including South Park which ran flawlessly for me. Abeit short for an RPG but enjoyable nonetheless. :D
Post edited March 19, 2014 by cw8
cw8: Look at the amount of stupid on this article:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/19/project-eternity-release-date/

Title: "Obsidian & Paradox On Eternity Team-Up, South Park Bugs". That's RPS picking on Obsidian again which I find disgusting since that Fallout NV review. I've completed South Park after 21 hours and have not experienced a single crash or bug.

"RPS: There’s the slight elephant in the room, which is that on consoles especially, South Park had some complaints about bugs and glitches and whatnot. What ended up happening there? You’ve been pretty adamant recently about having QA locked down. How did a rather worrisome number of bugs slip through so easily?"

"RPS: And yet, that was a consistent complaint in reviews from both critics and fans."

What a truckload of fail. Might as well just ask them to kiss their bethesda ass while they're at it since they put that skyrim pic at the top
I went from reading RPS daily to reading them weekly to not reading them at all. That whole site and its entire staff are just insufferable now.