It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: $417K pledges, 7k backers. Like woah...
I know right? I think it's great though to see so many people that are still interested in this type of game and are willing to back it.

Hopefully many people purchase it after release as well.
nijuu: $417K pledges, 7k backers. Like woah...
A lot of very successful people played games like this growing up and would love to play them again. Yes, the average pledge seems to be around 70 USD right now.
Pledged! As a big fan of Fallout, I am pretty stoked for this project (much more than the Double Fine one).

Get on it if you haven't pledged yet!
"Brian Fargo ‏ @BrianFargo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Interesting to see all my friends in the developer community donate with zero coming from the guys with the money.. the publishers."
lol
MoP: This is gonna be a hoot.

RPGCodex is:
Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

NMA could possibly follow suit, as Ausir mentioned over there, "No Mutants Allowed" would make a fine name for a bar.
IKR. I only lurk in the Codex these days but I'm so tempted to throw in a hundred Franklins for the cause just to see what kind of statue they'll ask to be put up to troll mainstream gaming. Oddly, thinking about this reminds of the house of Pong in Neuromancer.

I also think NMA deserves to have some donations their way if they want to go ahead with this. They've been hosting Fallout mods for a while now, and it'd be nice to have an Easter Egg featured in their name, similar to the Cafe of Broken Dreams from FO2.
Post edited March 13, 2012 by lowyhong
Take my money oh please. I have been hoping for a good post apocalyptic RPG for years. This is going to be epic.
DavidNielsen: Take my money oh please. I have been hoping for a good post apocalyptic RPG for years. This is going to be epic.
While you're waiting for Wasteland 2, I recommend New Vegas; it's really quite good if you haven't played that. It's more post-post-apoc, closer to FO2 than FO1, but still, it's a lovely game.
Post edited March 13, 2012 by lowyhong
MoP: This is gonna be a hoot.

RPGCodex is:
Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

NMA could possibly follow suit, as Ausir mentioned over there, "No Mutants Allowed" would make a fine name for a bar.
lowyhong: IKR. I only lurk in the Codex these days but I'm so tempted to throw in a hundred Franklins for the cause just to see what kind of statue they'll ask to be put up to troll mainstream gaming. Oddly, thinking about this reminds of the house of Pong in Neuromancer.

I also think NMA deserves to have some donations their way if they want to go ahead with this. They've been hosting Fallout mods for a while now, and it'd be nice to have an Easter Egg featured in their name, similar to the Cafe of Broken Dreams from FO2.
We could collect some money and get a Trevor Longino NPC in the game. He could be an illegal organ trader or something like that.
nijuu: "Brian Fargo ‏ @BrianFargo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Interesting to see all my friends in the developer community donate with zero coming from the guys with the money.. the publishers."
lol
I'm not, did he think this is a model that the publishers want? This is basically patronage. If this works on any significant scale then there's no room in the world for publishers (or greatly reduced room/need). They may be amoral and self centered, but publishers aren't idiots.
$505,811 atm over 8k in backers :).
Hope they get the money to make the game as looking forward to playing another post apocalyptic game.
People should start their Kickstarter projects before the first such financed project comes out. Afterwards the magic will be gone.

Anyway is there any estimated release date for this Wasteland 2?

And is 1 million (or more) dollar enough to produce the game? If not, where do they get the remaining money from?
Post edited March 14, 2012 by Trilarion
Trilarion: Anyway is there any estimated release date for this Wasteland 2?
(from the KS page) October 2013

I think their plan is to do 6 months of preproduction and one year of development.
Trilarion: People should start their Kickstarter projects before the first such financed project comes out. Afterwards the magic will be gone.

Anyway is there any estimated release date for this Wasteland 2?

And is 1 million (or more) dollar enough to produce the game? If not, where do they get the remaining money from?
Think on kickstart page 1million seems to be the main target. Anything over that helps with more content and maybe a MAC OS X version.
Trilarion: And is 1 million (or more) dollar enough to produce the game? If not, where do they get the remaining money from?
They said there would be only very little voice acting and almost no animations, which will save a lot of money compared to most projects, including the Double Fine Adventure.