It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!

Mastering <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade</span> is a challenging yet hugely rewarding experience. To celebrate this art, developers TaleWorlds Entertainment have invited 20 dedicated warriors to The Battle of Bucharest, an esports tournament with an abundance of kills and skills. To celebrate the event, start by grabbing Mount & Blade for FREE in the next 48h, then complete your collection with the <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade Series Sale</span>, while you watch those titans clash.

Taking place in Romania's beautiful capital, the tournament is a great opportunity for 20 accomplished players to showcase their moves in Mount & Blade: Warband and test themselves against some fierce competition. You can watch them compete in the studio's official <span class="bold">Twitch Channel</span> on Saturday and after the show you will have the chance to vote for the Best Skills Award - Audience Choice. Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win Mount & Blade hoodies and GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!

Best known for their groundbreaking combat, sandbox gameplay, and gazillions of available mods, these action/RPG games have earned a strong following throughout the years. If you are looking to become a part of this community, this is your chance: grab the original Mount & Blade for FREE within the next 48 hours, then <span class="bold">get the rest of the series</span> for 75% off until May 21.

Learn more about this event <span class="bold">here</span>.

Mount & Blade is FREE until May 21, 1 PM UTC.
The Series Sale will last until May 21, 10 PM UTC.
vsr: Thanks for the gift code! :)
Themken: The basic combat system is the same, yes. The tutorial did a very bad job of teaching me, and at least one other person I know, how to fight.

Game saves are too big to attach to posts in here or I could show how things change when you have got more levels and better gear. In the beginning of a play-through, you are very weak.
Thanks for your answer! Sounds like I should give the game another chance. Maybe when I have more time I'll try to play it for a bit longer. How long do you think I need to play until the game gets more fun, roughly? Which level should I try to reach (before giving up)? Which gear should I try to get?
Post edited May 21, 2017 by eiii
Themken: The basic combat system is the same, yes. The tutorial did a very bad job of teaching me, and at least one other person I know, how to fight.

Game saves are too big to attach to posts in here or I could show how things change when you have got more levels and better gear. In the beginning of a play-through, you are very weak.
eiii: Thanks for your answer! Sounds like I should give the game another chance. Maybe when I have more time I'll try to play it for a bit longer. How long do you think I need to play until the game gets more fun, roughly? Which level should I try to reach (before giving up)? Which gear should I try to get?
Hmm, I like the beginning a lot.... I cannot say what you would like BUT you have to work around being weak and slow and bad at hitting anything with ranged weapons. In the beginning, having fast weapons and a horse are important and I always go for a ranged weapon too. Run from fights too hard for you and pick your enemies. Raise some combat skills in the arena melee training were the enemies are very weak in the beginning. Balanced weapons are faster versions. The Taleworlds' forum is full of beginner guides and tips.
mintee: i noticed it wouldnt go in mine because i already had the game, thought i could get another copy for gifting lol
mwnn: I already had the game on my account.

Clicked the button on the main page and a gift code is shown under Orders and Settings.

Hopefully it won't expire and I can give it away once the promo is over for anyone who misses out!
~snip
thanks for that, forgot to look there
Wow that was fast. I opened the email 4 minutes after it arrived and the deal was already over. Crap, I used to have this from Direct2Drive way back when, and they are gone now so no way to get it back.
GOG.com: Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: Watch the show and then cast your vote <span class="bold">here</span>.

Mastering <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade</span> is a challenging yet hugely rewarding experience. To celebrate this art, developers TaleWorlds Entertainment have invited 20 dedicated warriors to The Battle of Bucharest, an esports tournament with an abundance of kills and skills. To celebrate the event, start by grabbing Mount & Blade for FREE in the next 48h, then complete your collection with the <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade Series Sale</span>, while you watch those titans clash.

Taking place in Romania's beautiful capital, the tournament is a great opportunity for 20 accomplished players to showcase their moves in Mount & Blade: Warband and test themselves against some fierce competition. You can watch them compete in the studio's official <span class="bold">Twitch Channel</span> on Saturday and after the show you will have the chance to vote for the Best Skills Award - Audience Choice. Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win Mount & Blade hoodies and GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!

Best known for their groundbreaking combat, sandbox gameplay, and gazillions of available mods, these action/RPG games have earned a strong following throughout the years. If you are looking to become a part of this community, this is your chance: grab the original Mount & Blade for FREE within the next 48 hours, then <span class="bold">get the rest of the series</span> for 75% off until May 21.

This was psted 'Yesterday'. I only knew about this because I received an email late (early) saturday morning (Sat 5/20/2017 2:13 AM MST) that actually didn't get seen until this morning.

This certainly wasn't 48 hours. Somewhat disappointing.

SO LAME, got the Email at 7:30: and saw at 10am eastern time, that makes it 2pm UTC. LAME
Thanks for the late email
thanks for the offer, bit late tho ...
Enkidu98: This was psted 'Yesterday'.
Yes, the update was but not the original post (notice how this thread contains plenty of 2 days old comments). For some strange reason unbeknownst to me GOG have developed a sad tendency lately to simply replace the original time stamp of their post whenever they update its content rather than display the time of the edit at the bottom of the post (like they would normally do).

Enkidu98: I only knew about this because I received an email late (early) saturday morning (Sat 5/20/2017 2:13 AM MST) that actually didn't get seen until this morning.

This certainly wasn't 48 hours. Somewhat disappointing.
I fully understand your frustration but it most certainly lasted 48 hours. It's just that GOG are seemingly incapable at making sure their e-mails reach recipients within an acceptable time frame.
Post edited May 21, 2017 by Lemon_Curry

deadduke: SO LAME, got the Email at 7:30: and saw at 10am eastern time, that makes it 2pm UTC. LAME
Yep, same. :/
?23*D-165*1-5??5A-6*C5B

switch ? for E
switch * for F

If you'll take the code and will not reply - you will be cursed.

// code claimed
Post edited May 21, 2017 by vsr
vsr: ?23*D-165*1-5??5A-6*C5B

switch ? for E
switch * for F

OOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
vsr: ?23*D-165*1-5??5A-6*C5B

switch ? for E
switch * for F

SvyatLyk: OOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
You're welcome! :)

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!

48 hours????? My friends missed the promotion and they felt deceived, so sad....