It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!

Mastering <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade</span> is a challenging yet hugely rewarding experience. To celebrate this art, developers TaleWorlds Entertainment have invited 20 dedicated warriors to The Battle of Bucharest, an esports tournament with an abundance of kills and skills. To celebrate the event, start by grabbing Mount & Blade for FREE in the next 48h, then complete your collection with the <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade Series Sale</span>, while you watch those titans clash.

Taking place in Romania's beautiful capital, the tournament is a great opportunity for 20 accomplished players to showcase their moves in Mount & Blade: Warband and test themselves against some fierce competition. You can watch them compete in the studio's official <span class="bold">Twitch Channel</span> on Saturday and after the show you will have the chance to vote for the Best Skills Award - Audience Choice. Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win Mount & Blade hoodies and GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!

Best known for their groundbreaking combat, sandbox gameplay, and gazillions of available mods, these action/RPG games have earned a strong following throughout the years. If you are looking to become a part of this community, this is your chance: grab the original Mount & Blade for FREE within the next 48 hours, then <span class="bold">get the rest of the series</span> for 75% off until May 21.

Learn more about this event <span class="bold">here</span>.

Mount & Blade is FREE until May 21, 1 PM UTC.
The Series Sale will last until May 21, 10 PM UTC.
Smannesman: Another Twitch promotion?
No thanks, not interested.
No.

Read again. You can watch some people playing one of these games on their twitch channel but it doesn't link with the giveaway or the promo at all.
Vythonaut: Thanks for the freebie GOG & devs! :)

Even though M&B has been given away for free a long time ago (in a Galaxy™ far away -- how appropriate.. :P ) and despite the many stories about the game i've heard from close friends, I still haven't tried it myself. After i saw some gameplay videos, i don't know, the game seemed too generic to me and the battles didn't feel involving at all. Given the generally positive reviews, I guess this is far from truth but how far actually? I guess i should try it... sometime.
Horses!

They said it was impossible to have mounted combat--heavier than air, you know. Not even Skyrim has it.

Enter Mount&Blade and rejoice.

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=5178
llamas: Is it just me or has there been a lot of free games on GOG in the past year?
Yeah, for better or worse I think it's GOG making a bigger push to grow their userbase, in an attempt to genuinely compete with Steam. (which I woudn't mind except for the inclusion of opt-out Galaxy in installers)
joppo: No.

Read again. You can watch some people playing one of these games on their twitch channel but it doesn't link with the giveaway or the promo at all.
You're supposed to vote on their skills right?
I suppose technically you don't have to watch it to do that, kind of goes against the spirit of the thing though.
And I don't know where you're supposed to vote, is that on Twitch?
Or some other social media service?
Excellent giveaway !!!!
Thanks!

And No, free games don't affect my buying habit. :)
EDIT: Or maybe it does, encourages me to buy more games. :p
Post edited May 19, 2017 by bhrigu
I clicked on the "Get It Free"-button, but it isn't showing anywhere?
I was playing M&B JUST before coming here now.... hehe! Good game to play a little now and then with satisfying combat.
I already purchased M&B when it was free the last time.

Interesting that it's a temporary freebie a second time on this site.
Thanks for the free game
nightcraw1er.488: What I would say is modding can take care of a lot of that, viking mods, fantasy, medieval, all kinds of theaters, plus other mods to add more variety in. Try the free one, but you will likely want Warband which most mods want now. Try Brytenwalda (viking), or Prophesy of Pendor (fantasy - real challenge). But there is so much variety out there.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll make a screenshot of your post for later use. :)
igrok: (...) but the game world feels empty.
Yeah, i noticed that too and after having played games like Oblivion, M&B looked just... bland (if you can say that). I've no problem with that though, it's the gameplay that matters for me anyway (and after that, *bling bling* is welcome -- just not the other way around).
llamas: (...) I do a quick glance at a review before I decide to redeem the free game because I don't want free games clogging up my library. :p
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth; be thankful for the free goodies (and the chance to at least try them) and if you don't find them to be very good, just hide them. ;)

Carradice: Not even Skyrim has it.
I've never been a horse guy; even in Skyrim i preferred going around by feet. Helps stay fit too! ;)
Vythonaut: I've never been a horse guy; even in Skyrim i preferred going around by feet. Helps stay fit too! ;)
There's nothing like the feeling of power you get in M&B as you ride twisting and turning amongst the enemy, striking left and right, with nothing able to land a blow on you in return... until you ride (horse) head first into a guy wielding a spear and come to a complete and sudden stop, get instantly mobbed by foot soldiers so that you can't get moving again, and slowly get pummeled to death. :P
Vythonaut: ... the battles didn't feel involving at all.
Well, you know that's probably because you weren't actually playing the game. ;)
SGD1987: I already purchased M&B when it was free the last time.

Interesting that it's a temporary freebie a second time on this site.
And even more interesting that some people feel compelled to clutter up the subforum with a thread that's simply dedicated to mentioning it:
https://www.gog.com/forum/mount_blade_series/the_mount_blade_giveway_is_great

(I'm sure you meant well waltc but seriously...)
Post edited May 19, 2017 by Lemon_Curry

Smannesman: You're supposed to vote on their skills right?
I suppose technically you don't have to watch it to do that, kind of goes against the spirit of the thing though.
On the main page, at the top, there is a button that says Get it Free. Refering to M&B. Click on that and its supposedto be added to your account (although I already have it so can't check). The other bits are for hoodies and m&b Warband.
Not that I in any way condone the use of these social media outlets for anything.
Vythonaut: ... the battles didn't feel involving at all.
Lemon_Curry: Well, you know that's probably because you weren't actually playing the game. ;)
So, what do you suggest? XD Joking aside, what the hell, i'm gonna try it during the weekend.

ncameron: There's nothing like the feeling of (...) slowly get pummeled to death. :P
Oh, i'm sure about this. :P

Smannesman: You're supposed to vote on their skills right?
The vote will be going up tomorrow around the start of the tournament, and it'll last throughout the whole day. We'll be adding the link to the newspost/OP once it's up so to not confuse people with a dead link and/or get votes that would ended up being invalid because they were cast too soon.