It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!

Mastering <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade</span> is a challenging yet hugely rewarding experience. To celebrate this art, developers TaleWorlds Entertainment have invited 20 dedicated warriors to The Battle of Bucharest, an esports tournament with an abundance of kills and skills. To celebrate the event, start by grabbing Mount & Blade for FREE in the next 48h, then complete your collection with the <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade Series Sale</span>, while you watch those titans clash.

Taking place in Romania's beautiful capital, the tournament is a great opportunity for 20 accomplished players to showcase their moves in Mount & Blade: Warband and test themselves against some fierce competition. You can watch them compete in the studio's official <span class="bold">Twitch Channel</span> on Saturday and after the show you will have the chance to vote for the Best Skills Award - Audience Choice. Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win Mount & Blade hoodies and GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!

Best known for their groundbreaking combat, sandbox gameplay, and gazillions of available mods, these action/RPG games have earned a strong following throughout the years. If you are looking to become a part of this community, this is your chance: grab the original Mount & Blade for FREE within the next 48 hours, then <span class="bold">get the rest of the series</span> for 75% off until May 21.

Learn more about this event <span class="bold">here</span>.

Mount & Blade is FREE until May 21, 1 PM UTC.
The Series Sale will last until May 21, 10 PM UTC.
Vythonaut: So, what do you suggest?
I don't know, what the hell was I thinking?!

Vythonaut: Joking aside, what the hell, i'm gonna try it during the weekend.
Woo-hoo! :)
Vythonaut: I've never been a horse guy; even in Skyrim i preferred going around by feet. Helps stay fit too! ;)
Skyrim horses suck big time--like in all major RPGs. Then, mounted battles in the open in M&B are something to try ;)
Do we have to sign up on Twitch to participate in the voting?
bhrigu: And No, free games don't affect my buying habit. :)
EDIT: Or maybe it does, encourages me to buy more games. :p
Somewhere, far away, a bell dinged and a marketer got his wings. :-)
Was in my collection the next second i clicked on the claim button

The first M&B isn't the best, but for free, it is a great way for new players to jump into the game.

Tale Worlds and GOG Thank you
Didn't know these games had multiplayer.
This was first GOG freebie offering I saw when I first signed up at GOG. Of course, I had no idea how things like these worked so I didn't claim it. Ah, memories.

So what are the best mods you'd recommend for M&B and why?
JLH: great game. made even better with the slew of mods out there. it's a no-brainer to pick it up if you don't already have it. although it won't be a game for everyone, those who like it- love it.

salivating over the prospect of bannerlord making its way here.
A slew of mods? Which ones do you think are the best and where do you find them?
Post edited May 20, 2017 by Incognita97
Love to know which mods as well...
joppo: No.

Read again. You can watch some people playing one of these games on their twitch channel but it doesn't link with the giveaway or the promo at all.
Smannesman: You're supposed to vote on their skills right?
I suppose technically you don't have to watch it to do that, kind of goes against the spirit of the thing though.
And I don't know where you're supposed to vote, is that on Twitch?
Or some other social media service?
Oh right, there is that part about giving away some hoodies and M&B:Warband keys. You noticed more than I did after all. I just skimmed that part because, it was essentially marketing and nothing is better at making me lose interest. Anyway I'm just as eager to NOT participate as you are.

I had meant that this event isn't actually linked to the franchise's promo currently happening in the store.
I picked up the original Mount & Blade when it first showed up on GOG as a freebie promo. I played it for a few hours and enjoyed it so I bought Warband and Fire and Sword also. I ended up playing Mount & Blade for like 2 months every day for hours and hours straight totally addicted to it, it's an awesome game.

Everyone says that Warband is the best game of the series but I had graphics problems and performance issues with it when I tried to play it, with crash-to-desktop years ago when I finished the first game, and I haven't had a chance to give it a serious whirl since then. I did install it a few times for test purposes and did not see the problems I originally had mind you, so I'm hoping to get to really enjoy Warband sometime before long.

The entire series is pretty awesome from what I've seen, so totally worthy of picking them all up. I bet this is a lead-in to GOG getting Bannerlord when it comes out, which would be pretty friggen awesome to say the least.
Thank you for a big gift mount and blade 1.I love the serie mount and blade.
Just for a bit more visibility - the link to the vote is here.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by fables22
Thanks for the freebie!
I think it is a good moment to pick them up
Great for the freebie!