It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gallop fast - it will only last 48h!

UPDATE: The giveaway and voting have expired. Thanks for participating, everyone!

Mastering <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade</span> is a challenging yet hugely rewarding experience. To celebrate this art, developers TaleWorlds Entertainment have invited 20 dedicated warriors to The Battle of Bucharest, an esports tournament with an abundance of kills and skills. To celebrate the event, start by grabbing Mount & Blade for FREE in the next 48h, then complete your collection with the <span class="bold">Mount &amp; Blade Series Sale</span>, while you watch those titans clash.

Taking place in Romania's beautiful capital, the tournament is a great opportunity for 20 accomplished players to showcase their moves in Mount & Blade: Warband and test themselves against some fierce competition. You can watch them compete in the studio's official <span class="bold">Twitch Channel</span> on Saturday and after the show you will have the chance to vote for the Best Skills Award - Audience Choice. Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win Mount & Blade hoodies and GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!

Best known for their groundbreaking combat, sandbox gameplay, and gazillions of available mods, these action/RPG games have earned a strong following throughout the years. If you are looking to become a part of this community, this is your chance: grab the original Mount & Blade for FREE within the next 48 hours, then <span class="bold">get the rest of the series</span> for 75% off until May 21.

Learn more about this event <span class="bold">here</span>.

Mount & Blade is FREE until May 21, 1 PM UTC.
The Series Sale will last until May 21, 10 PM UTC.
GOG.com: Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win 5 Mount & Blade hoodies and 10 GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!
The voting page states

What's up for grabs?
5x a copy of Mount & Blade: Warband and an exclusive Mount & Blade hoodie
10x a copy of Mount & Blade: Warband

From this I understand that 5 voters will get both Warband and a hoodie and 10 voters will get just Warband. The OP, in my opinion, means 5 voters will get hoodies and 10 voters will get Warband. Which one is it?
Brilliant! Thanks GOG!
Thank you once again, GOG, for yet another freebie. You really do look after your community, whether it be via free games, regular updates, news, chat etc.

I am normally a lurker, but want to make clear that even the lurkers are grateful to GOG for being different.
Looks nice. Thanks a lot gog :)
GOG.com: Make sure to participate, because voters will have the chance to win 5 Mount & Blade hoodies and 10 GOG copies of Mount & Blade: Warband!
greeklover: The voting page states

What's up for grabs?
5x a copy of Mount & Blade: Warband and an exclusive Mount & Blade hoodie
10x a copy of Mount & Blade: Warband

From this I understand that 5 voters will get both Warband and a hoodie and 10 voters will get just Warband. The OP, in my opinion, means 5 voters will get hoodies and 10 voters will get Warband. Which one is it?
The voting page is accurate. I changed the OP to avoid confusion :)
Post edited May 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
hm, doesn't work for me. The "Get it here" button is just an empty self reference to the giveaway page and "Buy Series" on the same page only includes 2 titles (+ base game).
Sorry, but this looks really shoddy.
Thanks for the giveaway and your continuous effort though.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by Megalazor
Megalazor: hm, doesn't work for me. The "Get it here" button is just an empty self reference to the giveaway page and "Buy Series" on the same page only includes 2 titles (+ base game).
Sorry, but this looks really shoddy.
Thanks for the giveaway and your continuous effort though.
Try this iff you want and tell us if it worked.
If you to gog.com there is "get for free" button on the right of the rectangular box that advertises the giveaway. Press it and after a while the game will appear in your library automatically.
I already own the game from the last giveaway and have tried it a few times. But it's not my kind of game, I especially could not get used to the controls. Are they the same in the other Mount & Blade games?

Nevertheless thanks for the giveaway!
Post edited May 20, 2017 by eiii
eiii: I already own the game from the last giveaway and have tried it a few times. But it's not my kind of game, I especially could not get used to the controls. Are they the same in the other Mount & Blade games?

Nevertheless thanks for the giveaway!
The basic combat system is the same, yes. The tutorial did a very bad job of teaching me, and at least one other person I know, how to fight.

Game saves are too big to attach to posts in here or I could show how things change when you have got more levels and better gear. In the beginning of a play-through, you are very weak.

Looking forward to Mount & Blade II: Bannerlords here on GOG, or straight from Taleworlds' site if not here.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by Themken
Thanks a lot, GOG!
I've tried Warband before, but never give enough focus to that game (and died a lot). It's great opportunity to try my luck with the first in the series and perhaps collect the whole series here, DRM-Free.
Thanks for the giveaway but the game is not very good, infact it's pretty bad.
darthspudius: Thanks for the giveaway but the game is not very good, infact it's pretty bad.
A whole lot more could have been done with quests and such, that part is indeed not good. Looking for a good story, this is not it unless you roleplay and fill in the huge gaps in it with your imagination.

Still, I love it.
darthspudius: Thanks for the giveaway but the game is not very good, in fact it's pretty bad.
Bad might be a bit harsh.

The controls and plenty of other aspects could've been improved but there's still fun to be had in the tournaments/arenas.

I bought it 10 or more years ago when it was still beta/prototype - it was more or less made as a hobby/side project by one man & his wife.

There's no real reason to pick this up (at cost) if you already own Warband as that game does everything what the predecessor does and more!

Napoleonic Wars multiplayer is a bunch of chaotic fun - well worth the sale price alone.

I'm not so sure that Bannerlord will be quite as good as some are hoping - it all looks very similar to what we've seen before with a fresh coat of paint. It also feels like it's been worked on forever...

If it's a bit like M&B mixed with Gothic and/or Morrowind then it could be quite special. A mere graphical update won't be enough to impress me.

I think a smaller more detailed/fleshed out world map would've been a good first start. The copypasta towns of M&B/Warband just won't cut it anymore.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by mwnn
Looks nice. Thanks a lot gog :)
I'm looking forward to Tales of Glory which is coming out the end of this month and is supposed to be the "Mount & Blade" of VR.