It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looks like Trine 2 has landed on GOG! (tarball only)
Post edited January 21, 2015 by king_mosiah
I'm still waiting semi-patiently for Linux versions of:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Expeditions: Conquistador
Megabyte Punch
Penumbra Collection
Trine Enhanced Edition
hummer010: I'm still waiting semi-patiently for Linux versions of:

Megabyte Punch
Penumbra Collection
Trine Enhanced Edition
Nice list!
But isn't Amnesia AMFP a little boring or something? So I was told.
I'm waiting for a lot more of my gog backlog (+35 linux ports, native, wrapped, etc) but I'm in no hurry, since I know they'll be here asap and I'm also a patient boy (yup) who has a TON of linux games to play :P
vicklemos: But isn't Amnesia AMFP a little boring or something?
I don't know. I've never played it. I bought it during the summer sale in anticipation of a Linux version.

Megabyte Punch
Penumbra Collection
Trine Enhanced Edition
vicklemos: Nice list!
But isn't Amnesia AMFP a little boring or something? So I was told.
I'm waiting for a lot more of my gog backlog (+35 linux ports, native, wrapped, etc) but I'm in no hurry, since I know they'll be here asap and I'm also a patient boy (yup) who has a TON of linux games to play :P
AMFP has a better story than TDD but the gameplay is more akin to Dear Esther or (ugh) Gone Home than the original Amnesia.....

Megabyte Punch
Penumbra Collection
Trine Enhanced Edition
I emailed all four developers to ask about the Linux releases.

Two have replied. Expeditions: Conquistador Linux version may never get here. Apparently it's lots of work to package it up for gog, and they've got no one with the time to do it.

Trine Enchanted Edition Linux version is planned to come to gog, but they have no timetable for it.

Edit: I should mention, that both offered me a steam key if I was desperate for a Linux release.
Post edited January 22, 2015 by hummer010
hummer010: Apparently it's lots of work to package it up for gog, and they've got no one with the time to do it.
Really? I thought GOG itself does all that! No wonder we are missing a number of Linux clients and even Mac OS clients for games that have them elsewhere i.e. Steam.
hummer010: Apparently it's lots of work to package it up for gog, and they've got no one with the time to do it.
Future_Suture: Really? I thought GOG itself does all that!
Game publishing require work on both sides: developer and publisher.
If the actual Linux packaging of a game is in a format that only Steam can understand, I don’t think it can be forwarded "as-is" to GOG.
Future_Suture: Really? I thought GOG itself does all that! No wonder we are missing a number of Linux clients and even Mac OS clients for games that have them elsewhere i.e. Steam.
It is a bit of work to package something up as it requires the following:

1. a copy of the Linux version of the game (provided by the developer in the case of all newer games)
2. testing the game
2A. if there is a serious game breaking issue with the Linux build then it's time to gather all the necessary info to send off to the developer or publisher.
2B. see what libs are required that cannot be added to the deb/tarball.
3. testing the GOG deb/tar.gz to make sure everything works on our end
4. deploying the Linux version and adding all the necessary information to the game card (this is my part right here :) )

Not to mention that with some games that were signed waaay before we even thought about adding Linux support we are required to get the Linux version signed because just having the right to distribute the Windows and Mac versions of a game does not automatically grant us the right to distribute the Linux version of a game.

So yes, it takes a bit of work and yes, we do that ourselves :)
As far as I know Trine Enchanted Edition still doesn't have a DRM-Free version available and I'm not sure what Frozenbyte is waiting for, the game has been out of beta on Steam for quite a while.
Ganni1987: As far as I know Trine Enchanted Edition still doesn't have a DRM-Free version available and I'm not sure what Frozenbyte is waiting for, the game has been out of beta on Steam for quite a while.
They have, but not on GOG. ;)
astropup: They have, but not on GOG. ;)
They do? Humble certainly doesn't have it.
astropup: They have, but not on GOG. ;)
Grargar: They do? Humble certainly doesn't have it.
Sorry. You are right. They had the original Trine port, but I see they don't offer it anymore. I have it in my library so I didn't notice.
Post edited January 26, 2015 by astropup
I was planning to come in here and comment about GOG missing the low hanging fruit for Linux games, but then I figured out what the problem probably is: Licensing.

The low hanging fruit, as I see it:

Neverwinter Nights: Bioware released a Linux native version of Neverwinter Nights. There's a thread on the bioware forums on how to set it up. It should be a relatively easy for GOG to package up a Linux native version.

Arx Fatalis: The Arx Libertatis project makes it pretty simple to run Arx Fatalis on Linux natively.

Freespace 2: The Freespace 2 Source Code Project makes it pretty simple to run Fresspace 2 on Linux natively. Desura even publishes a bundled package.

Infinity Engine Games: I know that GOG has already published the IE games using WINE, and I was surprised then that it wasn't with GemRB. GemRB is certainly my preferred method to play IE games in Linux.
hummer010: I was planning to come in here and comment about GOG missing the low hanging fruit for Linux games, but then I figured out what the problem probably is: Licensing.

The low hanging fruit, as I see it:

Neverwinter Nights: Bioware released a Linux native version of Neverwinter Nights. There's a thread on the bioware forums on how to set it up. It should be a relatively easy for GOG to package up a Linux native version.

Arx Fatalis: The Arx Libertatis project makes it pretty simple to run Arx Fatalis on Linux natively.

Freespace 2: The Freespace 2 Source Code Project makes it pretty simple to run Fresspace 2 on Linux natively. Desura even publishes a bundled package.

Infinity Engine Games: I know that GOG has already published the IE games using WINE, and I was surprised then that it wasn't with GemRB. GemRB is certainly my preferred method to play IE games in Linux.
another one:
http://www.gog.com/game/jagged_alliance_2 -> linux version https://bitbucket.org/gennady/ja2-stracciatella

(maybe you can find some more overlapp here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_with_available_source_code)