It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: How about Abcde00? That's the original one that was involved in the trade of PaterAlf's stalker key.
/sigh

I don't even have a good excuse, today's been a pretty easy day. Thanks for catching that.
low rated
tinyE: How could that asshole sue, HE HASN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING! :P
tinyE: this nigga ain't sayin' shit!

(sorry, I've just rewatched Jackie Brown XD)
For the idea of paygating, if you haven't bought anything, you can only post in the free games forums like Lure of the Temptress. You don't have any other games because you haven't bought them, so you won't need to post in any other games forums. And you can only post in the general forum threads once you've bought a $5.99 game and redeemed it to your own account. No gifting it on to another alt etc. You don't get any privileges such as up or downvoting either.

Edit: If the game bought is in a sale, and below $5.99, you will just have to buy enough games to make a total of $5.99. Then your account will upgrade! You have privileges!
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Getcomposted
Getcomposted: You don't get any privileges such as up or downvoting either.
at which point the same old users who have been abusing the system for years get to continue to do so.
this subject has been covered quite a lot previously.

theres no actual way around the abuse as it stands (as we see it*) without leaving it open to new channels of abuse.

...unless GOG actually fix this place up a little to begin with... and avoid moderators at all costs (because it would be those same old members - or people with the same ideas as I already mentioned - thats also been covered plenty).

On another note (and not directed at the compostacular one above), can we drop the fucking witch hunt now folks?
- STOP LEAVING OPEN CODES AND USING THREADS LIKE NINJA 2.0 OR ANY OTHER "HOT TOPIC" (as seen under http://www.gog.com/forum) TO GIVE OR RECIEVE GAMES AND WE MIGHT NOT HAVE THE SCUMMERS SO OFTEN.

I'll note a good few of you bemoaning the 8bit-git have made use of them yourselves.

Would have thought that was bloody clear by now. O____o

Edit: *should say PERCIEVE it
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Sachys
Sachys: at which point the same old users who have been abusing the system for years get to continue to do so.
this subject has been covered quite a lot previously.
Well, since there is some kind of system with the rep (i do believe that you have an certain amount of rep that can be changed daily, perhaps 5 in each direction, down or up) so maybe there could be a system where one person only could + - one person each day.

But still, even if there is some old users abusing the system for years, i do believe it would be better controlled with the paid account system, at least they couldn't use multiple accounts to do so.
...unless GOG actually fix this place up a little to begin with...
Heh, as if... Everytime time that i bring that up i get ignore or get a promise that they will try to do something...
Cyraxpt: at least they couldn't use multiple accounts to do so.
yeah... because the sales dont make games really cheap.

if someone wants to be a twat, they will - and a paygate system only intensifies elitism.

ever been to any events?! - same shit.
low rated
Sachys: yeah... because the sales dont make games really cheap.
"And you can only post in the general forum threads once you've bought a $5.99 game and redeemed it to your own account"
if someone wants to be a twat, they will - and a paygate system only intensifies elitism.

ever been to any events?! - same shit.
But in that case there won't ever be a solution, you sugest that everyone should be carefull with what they do with their keys... Some listen but what about the others? In the other day some random guy appeared and made a thread to give away The Witcher 3, he just put the key visible to everyone.

And i don't understand how there would be elitism in an environment where everyone was equal, it would be the same forum minus the multiple accounts.
Mind you that this wouldn't fix the leecher problems, i'm well aware that there still would be people whose purpose on this forum still would be to collect free games but at least it would resolve part of the problem, there wouldn't be a rep abuse and it would be more difficult to erase your presence in case of scamming/whatever since you wouldn't be doing new (paid) accounts so often.
Cyraxpt: And i don't understand how there would be elitism in an environment where everyone was equal, it would be the same forum minus the multiple accounts.
and all the people that wander in here and become valid members of the community without having bought anything yet.

elitism plain and simple. if you cant see that, thats your fault. this issue has been turned over and over and over on this thread and it all comes back to this same discussion. read back. find it. im a bit pissing sick of going round in circles everytime a lynch mob gathers on this forum and suddenly all new users are targeted.

theres a simple and short answer for everybody - stop being numpties.

*note: anger not directed at yerself, so much as the last... 500+ posts of the same old same old crap on this thread made in under a month - not to mention entirely unneccesary additional threads (and open code grabbing) which amount to doing basically the same thing as the alt accounts (those that are at least) are doing.

Thats all I'll say on the matter here.
Sachys: and all the people that wander in here and become valid members of the community without having bought anything yet.
Then what are they doing here? There are many other forums in the internet where they can also discuss videogames, i even dare to say that they will have more topics and people to discuss with.
Gog is a digital store with a forum and not the other way around, if people are here then they should have bought something by now.
elitism plain and simple. if you cant see that, thats your fault. this issue has been turned over and over and over on this thread and it all comes back to this same discussion. read back. find it. im a bit pissing sick of going round in circles everytime a lynch mob gathers on this forum and suddenly all new users are targeted.
I'm sorry but no, i can't see where there would be elitism where everyone in that forum had paid at least the same amount to be there, i can't imagine people making "drive by" on other forums bragging that they have acess to the general forum. And if this subject keeps appearing over and over again it's because it hasn't been fixed and it really is a problem, no disrespect but if it bothers you then don't visit this thread, it's what i do with some threads in this forum, i know that i would end up pissed and make some enemies.
theres a simple and short answer for everybody - stop being numpties.
I agree but this isn't a hivemind and i can't control other people actions, it's like living in an apartment and having a roommate that doesn't clean the mess that he makes and doesn't take precautions with the food and the apartment ends up filled with cockroaches...
Cyraxpt: Then what are they doing here?
Browsing the fucking forum attached to GOG to see if its legit or not maybe?! - I dont know - maybe they found it via google and it had loads of useful info on OLD games.

Maybe they just like the fucking GOGBear!

Cyraxpt: I'm sorry but no, i can't see where there would be elitism where everyone in that forum had paid at least the same amount to be there, i can't imagine people making "drive by" on other forums bragging that they have acess to the general forum. And if this subject keeps appearing over and over again it's because it hasn't been fixed and it really is a problem, no disrespect but if it bothers you then don't visit this thread, it's what i do with some threads in this forum, i know that i would end up pissed and make some enemies.
Because GOG doesnt do freebies of course... because everybody knows about GOG already - because with its botched up fucking design flaws and mad regional pricing it looks 100% legit to everybody inthe fucking world in an age of piracy and grey markets?!?!?

Have you even considered the amount of GOOD people on here who didnt buy anything for a LONG time because they wre not sure about it and got drawn in by the forums?! - evidently not.

Can we stop going around in fucking circles now?!

I wasn't angry with you before, but now I'm getting there.
My two cents-

The users dictate the culture of the boards if no one wants to change and the rest that due dont pressure/shame the ones that wont then nothing will happen. Case study 4chan......
Sachys: Snip
Seriously? I wasn't even remotely disrespectful towards you, i only disagreed with your point of view therefore i'm pissing you off?

Ok, i'll indulge you and stop this here, but before that i'm curious, let's travel for a parallel universe where i didn't stopped and we started offending each other. Mind you that in this world gog had banned giveaways on the forums so the leechers all left.

Now, you said stuff that i really don't like and awaken my inner demon that i didn't even knew that i had it on me, i'm not like the other retard so i wouldn't use the usual "derp gay derp dicks derp shit", i would use even more hurtful words, i would offend your parents, your loved one and hell, even your dog. I would create an army of... "me", i would downvote and delete your posts, your threads, i would break the forum if needed to be.

What's your solution here? Bonus points if your answer doesn't include the gog team because like in this world, they won't move a finger.
Cyraxpt: i would offend your parents, your loved one and hell, even your dog.
Technically all the same entity, for some of us >.>
Cyraxpt: i would offend your parents, your loved one and hell, even your dog.
OneFiercePuppy: Technically all the same entity, for some of us >.>
Er...

*throws stick*
low rated
did anyone else recieve this interesting pm too?
Attachments:
Post edited July 06, 2015 by apehater