It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Nope it still crashes on startup for both the beta 3.1 and stable 3.0.25 for me.
mcneil_1: Nope it still crashes on startup for both the beta 3.1 and stable 3.0.25 for me.
Please close the downloader, try removing the contents of the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GOG.com folder (if under Windows 7/Vista) and re-launch. Post contents of the new logger.log file that will be created.
Thanks GOG!
The Downloader works fine for me as downloads go. It has some issues though with displaying text in settings screens. The labels are drawn oversized and overlap other controls. See the attached image. I confess I tweaked a little the current windows theme, but I don't have these kind of problems with any other apps. Win7 64 here.

There's no urgent need for a fix as far as I'm concerned, the downloader is functional. I only thought the developers would like to know.
Attachments:
capture.png (70 Kb)
Hi! Yes I have the newest version, I've just downloaded it.

I've turned on the gog downloader mode at "my games", I clicked on the "Game installer" and it opened a new tab on my browser like "Page cannot be display" or something like that. The link was gogdownloader://game_name.

Sorry, I don't know exactly the english Firefox's typical error message
Somesz: Hi! Yes I have the newest version, I've just downloaded it.

I've turned on the gog downloader mode at "my games", I clicked on the "Game installer" and it opened a new tab on my browser like "Page cannot be display" or something like that. The link was gogdownloader://game_name.

Can you try the same using different browser? "gogdownloader://" is a custom protocol that should be linked to the GOG.com Downloader after you install the 3.0+ GOG.com Downloader, meaning as long as the Downloader is running, the protocol will pass the data to it. I'll ask the dev behind our Downloader (Fallen_Zen) to look into it - he'll post here if he has a better idea what might cause this.
Post edited April 23, 2012 by Destro
Somesz: Hi! Yes I have the newest version, I've just downloaded it.

Have you been previously using the older version 0.9? If so, go to Firefox -> Options -> Options -> Applications and find on the list item named "gogdownloader" and change its setting to default or remove. Restart the downloader. Hope that helps.

If this isn't the case, send me a PM, we'll sort it out.
padibuzius: The Downloader works fine for me as downloads go. It has some issues though with displaying text in settings screens. The labels are drawn oversized and overlap other controls. See the attached image. I confess I tweaked a little the current windows theme, but I don't have these kind of problems with any other apps. Win7 64 here.

There's no urgent need for a fix as far as I'm concerned, the downloader is functional. I only thought the developers would like to know.
Are you using different theme or font size in Windows?
Post edited April 23, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
Thank you Fallen_Zen, it helped! :)
I did some testing, since I grabbed Witcher 2 and some Nordic stuff, and found that when the downloader hangs if I pause all downloads and then completely shut down the downloader and restart it continues from the point of failure. I verified that the downloads were not corrupted with this method. If I just let it sit, it eventually throws the .NET exception mentioned earlier.

Since I too got to 99% before failure this workaround was a great relief to me. :)
mcneil_1: Nope it still crashes on startup for both the beta 3.1 and stable 3.0.25 for me.
Fallen_Zen: Please close the downloader, try removing the contents of the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\GOG.com folder (if under Windows 7/Vista) and re-launch. Post contents of the new logger.log file that will be created.
Sorry I have WinXP.
I did a search and cannot find a logger.log file anywhere on my pc.
Post edited April 24, 2012 by mcneil_1
mcneil_1: Sorry I have WinXP.
I did a search and cannot find a logger.log file anywhere on my pc.
Try C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\GOG.com (folder may be hidden).
I can't seem to log in with the gog.com downloader. It tells me the email or password is incorrect, however I checked by logging in to the website and that works just fine.
There's a '+' in my email and a '.' in my password, those have caused problems before so maybe it's something to do with that.
Hi.

Did a manual download of Witcher 1, now problem is I can't install because the files are corrupt. Any way to add the files to the GOG downloader to fix the files or must the whole game be redownloaded through the GOG downloader?

Yes yes, I will from now on use the GOG downloader. :p
I have the same exact problem as KKai in this post:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/introducing_the_beta_release_of_the_new_gogcom_downloader/post159

Is there a danger of my download becoming corrupt? Is there something that can (or should) be done about it?

I really don't feel like switching to another version of the downloader 'cause I'm in the middle of downloading Witcher 2 on a slow connection and starting from scratch would be pretty annoying... 15GB is a lot.
allukka: I have the same exact problem as KKai in this post:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/introducing_the_beta_release_of_the_new_gogcom_downloader/post159

Is there a danger of my download becoming corrupt? Is there something that can (or should) be done about it?

I really don't feel like switching to another version of the downloader 'cause I'm in the middle of downloading Witcher 2 on a slow connection and starting from scratch would be pretty annoying... 15GB is a lot.
This error has nothing to do with a download in progress so everything should be fine. We're also very, very close to releasing an updated version with a lot of stability fixes.
ChristiaanCrause: Hi.

Did a manual download of Witcher 1, now problem is I can't install because the files are corrupt. Any way to add the files to the GOG downloader to fix the files or must the whole game be redownloaded through the GOG downloader?

Yes yes, I will from now on use the GOG downloader. :p
Unfortunately no, the whole game must be re-downloaded.
Post edited April 24, 2012 by Fallen_Zen