It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I don't want to sift through hundreds of posts but does GOG plan on making a client similar to Steam where we can purchase and DL from a full featured client?
I think that did the trick. Inquisitor finished just fine.

Thanks.
Hi, the download crash stopped after I rebooted the computer, deleted the file from the folder and downloaded something else before. :)
>>> After installing the GOG.com Downloader 3.4.8, the program crashes immediately after launching it.

>>> Is it a full contents of your log file? Try to run the GOG Downloader as administrator. Have you got any AV which might block the GOG Downloader?

Yes, that is all that is in my log file. I have now run GOG Downloader as administrator with my AV turned off, but the program crashed upon start again. The new log file has the same content as the previous one.
antitank_pancake: I don't want to sift through hundreds of posts but does GOG plan on making a client similar to Steam where we can purchase and DL from a full featured client?
Indeed, I've wondered the same thing. I think having the ability to look at your entire list of owned games from within the GOG client itself and choose what to download etc. would be very nice. The ability to interact with other gamers with some social networking functionality, the ability to share your list of owned games with public/friends-only/individual-people/nobody, and ditto for the wishlist would be nice from within the client also (and/or even the website).

For example, I know at least 5 close friends who are on GOG, and whom don't have a lot of cash to spend on games, but if I could see their wishlists, there's a good chance I would gift them some games they want if I see them go on sale. I wonder if GOG has considered this money making opportunity? ;o)

The way it is right now, I can't covertly surprise a friend with free games I know they don't already have. I have to email each buddy, ask them to copy and paste their game-list and wishlist from the webpages into an email sent via Mozilla Thunderbird (which preserves the HTML), then use that. Every day that passes since the last email the data goes stale.

I'm aware of the Greasemonkey plugin for the GOG wiki that someone made, but that makes your entire lists fully public and isn't customizeable, plus it requires everyone to be comfortable with installing plugins and I know some people aren't, so I don't use that.

I would be surprised if GOG didn't see an uptick in revenue if they implemented a way to share lists of your owned and wishlisted games with fine granularity separately for each. I'm just saying... hint hint... ;o)

Oh, and a checkbox somewhere "notify me when a promo is on that has one of my or my friend's wishlisted games". (with independent checkboxes per friend that is). Idea++.
Post edited April 02, 2013 by mharris
antitank_pancake: I don't want to sift through hundreds of posts but does GOG plan on making a client similar to Steam where we can purchase and DL from a full featured client?
mharris: Indeed, I've wondered the same thing. I think having the ability to look at your entire list of owned games from within the GOG client itself and choose what to download etc. would be very nice. The ability to interact with other gamers with some social networking functionality, the ability to share your list of owned games with public/friends-only/individual-people/nobody, and ditto for the wishlist would be nice from within the client also (and/or even the website).

For example, I know at least 5 close friends who are on GOG, and whom don't have a lot of cash to spend on games, but if I could see their wishlists, there's a good chance I would gift them some games they want if I see them go on sale. I wonder if GOG has considered this money making opportunity? ;o)

The way it is right now, I can't covertly surprise a friend with free games I know they don't already have. I have to email each buddy, ask them to copy and paste their game-list and wishlist from the webpages into an email sent via Mozilla Thunderbird (which preserves the HTML), then use that. Every day that passes since the last email the data goes stale.

I'm aware of the Greasemonkey plugin for the GOG wiki that someone made, but that makes your entire lists fully public and isn't customizeable, plus it requires everyone to be comfortable with installing plugins and I know some people aren't, so I don't use that.

I would be surprised if GOG didn't see an uptick in revenue if they implemented a way to share lists of your owned and wishlisted games with fine granularity separately for each. I'm just saying... hint hint... ;o)

Oh, and a checkbox somewhere "notify me when a promo is on that has one of my or my friend's wishlisted games". (with independent checkboxes per friend that is). Idea++.
I have the same opinion, great idea =) +1
Pochila: Hi, the download crash stopped after I rebooted the computer, deleted the file from the folder and downloaded something else before. :)
Please post your full log file (or better, upload it to paste-bin like service), I will take a look on this issue.

lexbergf: Yes, that is all that is in my log file. I have now run GOG Downloader as administrator with my AV turned off, but the program crashed upon start again. The new log file has the same content as the previous one.
Could you copy all informations provided by Windows crash report? As soon as the Downloader crashing, there should appear a window with error report.
Nothing to reveal at this time but we always think about new features and the future of the Downloader. If we'll have any great news to share with you guys, we will do so :)
Pochila: Hi, the download crash stopped after I rebooted the computer, deleted the file from the folder and downloaded something else before. :)
Guys, please remember to post at least the operating system you're on, this will help us a bit too. All the details are available in the sticky post above.
Post edited April 02, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
>>> Yes, that is all that is in my log file. I have now run GOG Downloader as administrator with my AV turned off, but the program crashed upon start again. The new log file has the same content as the previous one.

>>> Could you copy all informations provided by Windows crash report? As soon as the Downloader crashing, there should appear a window with error report.

This is the Windows crash report:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GOG.com Downloader.exe
Application Version: 3.4.8.0
Application Timestamp: 513d970e
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5420
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ca2b7e1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000001c9119
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
GOG Downloader stuck and not resuming downloads even after pausing all and resuming.

GOGD 3.4.8.0 stable
OS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
OS English

Log:
9:03:58 PM Downloader 5 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/file/back_to_the_future_the_game/1_installer_0
Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Stack trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at GOGCompanionApp.ConnectionManager.MakeRequest(String uri, String method, String postedData) in C:\GOG Downloader\Stable\GOG Downloader\ConnectionManager.cs:line 198
Inner exception:
Requested URL: https://api.gog.com/downloader2/file/back_to_the_future_the_game/1_installer_0
Error code: NotFound
<h1>404</h1>
<h2>Not found</h2>

Escaped title of the current download: back_to_the_future_the_game FilenumberId: 1_installer_0
9:03:58 PM Downloader 3 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/file/back_to_the_future_the_game/1_installer_0
watchful: ...
As You can see in the log file ("Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. "), it is a server side issue. I believe it is already fixed, usually these errors stands for few seconds (minutes). Could you try to download the game again?

lexbergf: [...]
Reinstall .NET 3.5 framework and GOG Downloader, it should make a trick. Also, here is Microsoft's Staff reply for the same issue:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/system-access-violation-exception-code-c0000005/82f7bb81-66c1-4b5a-bd31-6c3fed8ab07d?msgId=b196f13a-9af9-4417-a839-43809f7a13f2
As they suggested, try to uninstall any recent application installed on your computer.
For the record, I have Windows 7 Home Premium and before all of this mess I had .NET 4.5 installed. Now I have uninstalled .NET 4.5 and then I tried to install .NET 3.5. However, it was impossible to install it. I tried both the online and the offline installer. Then Windows Update suggested I install an important update called "Microsoft .NET 4 Client Profile." I did that and I also installed a few security and other updates for .NET. Moreover, the GOG Downloader is still crashing on start. Too bad. I am now using another program to download the GOG games.
Post edited April 03, 2013 by lexbergf
Hi,

I dunno if these have already suggested in the previous 75 pages. 8-O (They probably are, but I'm going to mention them again anyways)

But having played with the downloader a little more, recently while downloading all the DND games (Ya for sales) it occurs to me.

1) Some sort of visual feed back of exactly which item you've right clicked and are about to select "remove from list" for.... Twould be moderately annoying to remove an almost completed download, cause you missed with the mouse.

2) Some way of prioritizing individual items in the download list. I'd of liked some way of queueing up all all the downloads in the downloader, then being able to prioritize things so I can have something to look through while waiting for the bigger pieces to download.

Cheers....

David
zzqzzq_zzq: 1) Some sort of visual feed back of exactly which item you've right clicked and are about to select "remove from list" for.... Twould be moderately annoying to remove an almost completed download, cause you missed with the mouse.
There should be a think outline around the item you right clicked, though it can be easy to miss unfortunately.

zzqzzq_zzq: 2) Some way of prioritizing individual items in the download list. I'd of liked some way of queueing up all all the downloads in the downloader, then being able to prioritize things so I can have something to look through while waiting for the bigger pieces to download.
Currently, you can prioritze between games (Download Planescape Torment before Baldur's Gate) by drag and dropping the game's images, and you can also prioritize the items of a game (again drag and drop), for example download the manual, then the installer, then the avatars and soundtrack.
Unfortunately, you can't mix those two, so you can't have the order be "Baldur's Gate manual, Planescape manual, Baldur's Gate installer, Planescape Installer".

Should you have any other questions about the downloader, don't hesitate to ask, but be aware that GOG is europe based, thus usually awake when you are sleeping (and vice versa).
Hi.I have recently bought The Witcher 2 but i cant download it from gog downloader.I insatalled the latest one alongside with net frame work 3.5.But when i click the ''Windows installer english'' button nothing happens.I dont want to download it separately because this game is huge.I am using Windows 8.Sorry for my bad english.