It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
@Fallen_Zen, Szulak: ok thank you both.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by Onion
Szulak: In your previous post you wrote, that you have installed the Windows 7 SDK and I think, it might be the problem. Could you try to remove the Windows 7 SDK, and check if it will solve the problem?
Unfortunately, the issue persists. I uninstalled the 7 SDK, rebooted and even uninstalled and installed the GOG Downloader. Could this be something with Microsoft Core XML Services? I haven't mutually changed anything there.
After uninstalling Visual Studio 2010 Express, .NET Framework 4.0 and 3.5, I tried to reinstall 3.5, but this didn't work. The tool linked in this thread (removed from microsoft.com?) fixed the system so that I was able to reinstall .NET Framework 3.5. Now the GOG downloader launches again.
Is there any way that I can type a path manually to where I want my downloads saved? I'd like the downloader to save to a networked drive, but the settings window won't let me type in the path and the browse button doesn't give me access to anything I haven't mapped locally.

The only workaround I can find is mapping the folder I want as a drive (which I can then remove since the true network path is now placed in the field), which works but is rather clunky and not how I generally use my network storage.

PS: Ugh, spoke too soon. Is there any possibility of someone fixing the downloader for network drives? Once I have it set up to point to the right folder it refuses to start any downloads claiming there isn't enough free space on the drive.

On further examination (and digging through the forums) I was able to get it to work by mapping to a drive letter. Could we at least get the option to bypass the drive space check? Windows will be quick enough to warn me about that without the app deciding it knows better...
Post edited June 06, 2013 by Bureaucromancer
Hi,

Last month I downloaded Wizardry 8 and after checking the properties there was no timestamp. Nevertheless it installed correctly. Today I donwloaded the installer again and it is slightly smaller in size and the timestamp is set to 24th May. As far as I recall, it was available for download on the 23rd. Was there a silent update? Is the first installer corrupted?
Attachments:
sharpman: Hi,

Last month I downloaded Wizardry 8 and after checking the properties there was no timestamp. Nevertheless it installed correctly. Today I donwloaded the installer again and it is slightly smaller in size and the timestamp is set to 24th May. As far as I recall, it was available for download on the 23rd. Was there a silent update? Is the first installer corrupted?
I'll verify that and get back to you.
Bureaucromancer: Is there any way that I can type a path manually to where I want my downloads saved? I'd like the downloader to save to a networked drive, but the settings window won't let me type in the path and the browse button doesn't give me access to anything I haven't mapped locally.

The only workaround I can find is mapping the folder I want as a drive (which I can then remove since the true network path is now placed in the field), which works but is rather clunky and not how I generally use my network storage.

PS: Ugh, spoke too soon. Is there any possibility of someone fixing the downloader for network drives? Once I have it set up to point to the right folder it refuses to start any downloads claiming there isn't enough free space on the drive.

On further examination (and digging through the forums) I was able to get it to work by mapping to a drive letter. Could we at least get the option to bypass the drive space check? Windows will be quick enough to warn me about that without the app deciding it knows better...
This has been requested many times and we're thinking about it. Unfortunately when and how is a different thing. If anything changes I'll let you know.
Post edited June 07, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
sharpman: Hi,

The Wizardry 7 (DOS) English extra also has no timestamp.
Download keeps moving backwards.
I am currently trying to download Heroes of Might and Magic IV, which will be my first download from this site. It got hung up several times on "chunk 63" and "chunk 65", which probably has something to do with the download itself. Somehow I managed to get past it by restarting the download repeatedly. After that, however, I would "lose" parts of the download (I would be at 650Mb/949Mb, come back 10min later and I'm at 630Mb/949Mb). Now it seems stuck on about 680 to 690ish; just downloading the same bit over and over.
Connection speed is relatively low, which might be part of the problem? /shrug

Hope this is in the right thread ^^;;
Hi,

have you already taken a look at the logfile?
I haven`t received any answers yet, where the problem might be, why the downloader stays offline.
Hello,

Is there something wrong with Neverwinter Nights 2 installer?
I have been trying to download the game through downloader, and it freezes my computer at random points, forcing me to restart it!
Is this a known issue? It's been happening to me only with NWN 2, and not any other games.
I tried the downloader (Win) again with Grid.
It was very very slow....after 1 hour dl i started a normal dl (without the downloader and on the same pc still running the other dl).
Well the normal dl was finished after 1.5 hours and the one with the loader still needs 2 GB.
Schnuff: I tried the downloader (Win) again with Grid.
It was very very slow....after 1 hour dl i started a normal dl (without the downloader and on the same pc still running the other dl).
Well the normal dl was finished after 1.5 hours and the one with the loader still needs 2 GB.
GRID is a peculiar case. The installer is actually 1 zip file which contains the exe and bin files, and is not seen by the downloader as an installer. Thus it doesn't support multiple threads, but only one.
Try grabbing another game and check the results, the downloader should be usually faster for the installers.
My first try was a rather small game 1GB or less if i can remember correct.
And still it was soooooo lame i could count the bytes.

And yes, thats another point i hate....why not splitting the files...that way if the dl
stops there is not so much trouble...also in the past i was dl from my office pc and
copied the files on a stick. As you know there is a restriction with FAT32 and big files.
In the end i must split them anyway.
Post edited June 08, 2013 by Schnuff
Schnuff: My first try was a rather small game 1GB or less if i can remember correct.
And still it was soooooo lame i could count the bytes.

And yes, thats another point i hate....why not splitting the files...that way if the dl
stops there is not so much trouble...also in the past i was dl from my office pc and
copied the files on a stick. As you know there is a restriction with FAT32 and big files.
In the end i must split them anyway.
No idea why GRID is like that. It's the only game out of those I have that behaves like that.
Rayman Origins is also weird in the fact that it's a v2.x installer with a single file of ~1.9GB instead of 3 files, as the other v2.x installers.
As for the downloader being slow, each thread should be about as fast as each download thread of your browser, and multiple threads should increase the speed proportionally. If the single thread's speed is way lower than what you get from your browser, see if your antivirus/firewall somehow limits the downloader.
For the antivirus/firewall i have especially shut them down for that dl...

ahh, and don't forget CDProjects Witcher 2 RedKit......with 6GB it was even more
troublesome than Grid

edit: i have the same problems with some other sites (some of them using Torrent...something i never would consider ever)
Post edited June 08, 2013 by Schnuff