It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
HereForTheBeer: The only problem I've had is that it only half-recognizes the setting for "Save downloads to:" It does download and save the titles to the folder I specified (C:\gog.com\) so that's a good thing. However, when I right-click the title's icon in the downloader and select "Open enclosing folder", it instead takes me to My Documents.

That's it, minor gripe.
I found a minor fix for that issue by accident :D

Just go through the procedure of telling the Downloader where to download files and all should be good.
Hi,

did you get my error report which I sent to you through the app?
Still can` t download, manager in offline mode.
Appreciate any help.
Onion: Hi,

Appreciate any help.
Hello,

Unfortunately, I didn't get your error report. I think you must have something (AV, firewall) which might blocking the connection to our servers. Could you try to check again the settings of your firewall?
Onion: Hi,

Appreciate any help.
Please send the log file directly to me, I've sent you my e-mail address via pm.
Post edited June 01, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
@Szulak, tried it with deactivated firewall...won`t work either.

@FallenZen: Thank you for your option. I just send it to you through Email.
Otherwise I could also just have copied and posted it here =)
Just pushed a small update to the Mac Downloader 1.2 (397) which includes only bug fixes. As always if you encounter any problems, feel free to submit a "Crash log" from the app's "Settings".
Onion: @Szulak, tried it with deactivated firewall...won`t work either.

@FallenZen: Thank you for your option. I just send it to you through Email.
Otherwise I could also just have copied and posted it here =)
Your e-mail hasn't reached me, something is really wrong here :/
Please try again. Or use a pastebin.com service to upload a log, then paste link here.
Post edited June 03, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hi,

the GOG Downloader stopped working for me. The last time I successfully used it was last Tuesday, the logger.log hasn't been updated since then. When launching the application either by clicking a download link from 'My Games' or or from the start menu, the process quits without a window popping up before.

The system is Windows XP SP3 32 bit and the changes to the system since the last successful use are upgrades of Microsoft Visual C++ Studio Express from 2005 to 2010 (and then updated to SP1) and Microsoft Platform SDK 2003 to Windows 7 SDK. There was also a dialog that the .NET Framework 4.5 will get installed.
The-Business: Hi,

the GOG Downloader stopped working for me. The last time I successfully used it was last Tuesday, the logger.log hasn't been updated since then. When launching the application either by clicking a download link from 'My Games' or or from the start menu, the process quits without a window popping up before.

The system is Windows XP SP3 32 bit and the changes to the system since the last successful use are upgrades of Microsoft Visual C++ Studio Express from 2005 to 2010 (and then updated to SP1) and Microsoft Platform SDK 2003 to Windows 7 SDK. There was also a dialog that the .NET Framework 4.5 will get installed.
I'll ask Szulak to contact you with a solution to the problem, thanks!

P.S. Try removing all files located in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com, please also verify if the .NET 3.5 installation is working correctly.

This tool will help you: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx
Yes, really strange.
Ok I just send it again, hope you got it now.
Onion: Yes, really strange.
Ok I just send it again, hope you got it now.
Yes, thanks :)

I'll forward it to Szulak for verification.
Hi,

I have a problem downloading the German language pack for "The Critter Chronicles" from "The Book Of Unwritten Tales". I use the newest GOG downloader (Win 3.5.2), and my problem is that the download just doesn't stop 8see attached image). Sounds weird, I know. When the downloaded amount reaches 632 MB (the size of the language pack) it just goes on downloading. I once even reached 10 GB, because I thought the size of the file is greater than 632 MB, but 10 GB? Come on! ;)

I tried pausing, stopping, redownloading multiple times, always the same problem. Even more, when I close the GOG downloader and start it up again, the download starts again at the beginning. It's quite annoying.

The file itself does not seem to be the problem, as JudasIscariot told me yesterday that it worked just fine for him. He suggested posting the problem here. So... Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance! :)
Attachments:
^ I have no idea what causes this, but I think I've had a similar issue recently. It was a different game, so it does look like the file is not the cause of it. But I also downloaded other games just fine, strangely enough.
Attachments:
bug.png (17 Kb)
The-Business: ...
Could you please upload the contents of log file to the paste-bin like service and post here a link, please?

YnK: ...
lesmurf: ...
This problem should be fixed in the new version. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Fallen_Zen: P.S. Try removing all files located in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com, please also verify if the .NET 3.5 installation is working correctly.

This tool will help you: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx
That didn't change the behavior. No files get added to that directory, the .NET environments are OK (I earlier said something about 4.5 getting installed, that was not the case as this required Vista).

The-Business: ...
Szulak: Could you please upload the contents of log file to the paste-bin like service and post here a link, please?
No files in the directory, even no log file. I ran Process Monitor while launching the downloader and it seems like its trying to access .NET files from the downloader install directory. Pastebin of the log as .csv file.
The-Business: snip
In your previous post you wrote, that you have installed the Windows 7 SDK and I think, it might be the problem. Could you try to remove the Windows 7 SDK, and check if it will solve the problem?