It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
cmdr_flashheart: Thanks again for Metro by the way :) You're on my gift list, haha. Let me know if there's anything you have your eye on, I get free codes from friends now and then, and I don't mind sharing.
No worries. Either pass it forward, or if you can and are interested, pledge for Jagged Alliance: Flashback.
Edit: Sure :)

Cool, Jagged Alliance Wildfire is on my wishlist now.
Post edited May 16, 2013 by cmdr_flashheart
Whatever it is that you guys have done to the downloader over the course of the last year---UNDO IT!

Your downloader now officially sucks. I used to love Gog.com, but I will no longer be a customer of yours because of your horrible downloader experience. Your downloader used to work beautifully, until you began to "improve" it.

Now it simply doesnt work at all....constant crashes, checksum errors, wrong kb totals, etc.
I am done with this site.
angiras1008: Whatever it is that you guys have done to the downloader over the course of the last year---UNDO IT!

Your downloader now officially sucks. I used to love Gog.com, but I will no longer be a customer of yours because of your horrible downloader experience. Your downloader used to work beautifully, until you began to "improve" it.

Now it simply doesnt work at all....constant crashes, checksum errors, wrong kb totals, etc.
er , yeah sure it's buggy , BUT it's not mandatory

you still have the browser no ? or the 3rd party download manager mentioned some posts above

i have some criticisms about the downloader too. And to be honest i droped it for my browser and i only use it for checking stealth updates.

But simply stated it sucks won't help at all to improve it / solve the problems you have.
angiras1008: Whatever it is that you guys have done to the downloader over the course of the last year---UNDO IT!

Hello,

Please close the downloader, hit the win + R, type "%localappdata%\GOG.com" and hit enter. Remove everything from this folder, and add a game again. Reply me please if it helped.

I have checked yours log file, there are many many timeouts. What's the speed and quality of your net connection?

Szulak
Szulak: snip
You will probably get a few log files from me today as well, Friday is rechecking day.
A question though. If I have queued 2+ installers for a game (English + German, Windows + Mac) and I close the downloader, when I restart it, it only keeps the first installer on the queue. Any plans to keep all queue items queued, or must I readd them each time?
Szulak: snip
JMich: You will probably get a few log files from me today as well, Friday is rechecking day.
A question though. If I have queued 2+ installers for a game (English + German, Windows + Mac) and I close the downloader, when I restart it, it only keeps the first installer on the queue. Any plans to keep all queue items queued, or must I readd them each time?
I will fix it asap, thank you. We missed it probably in the last API changes.

EDIT: What game is it?
Post edited May 17, 2013 by Szulak
Szulak: I will fix it asap, thank you. We missed it probably in the last API changes.

As I recall, it happens on every game. Most recent example (that may be still in the log file) is with The Witcher 2. Queued both Mac and Win installers, paused and moved them around a bit when it would pause at the last segments, closed downloader, restarted it, only one installer in the queue. Re-adding the other installer will continue the download, after the hash check.

Can do a more thorough report if you wish, though probably during the weekend.
Szulak: I will fix it asap, thank you. We missed it probably in the last API changes.

JMich: As I recall, it happens on every game. Most recent example (that may be still in the log file) is with The Witcher 2. Queued both Mac and Win installers, paused and moved them around a bit when it would pause at the last segments, closed downloader, restarted it, only one installer in the queue. Re-adding the other installer will continue the download, after the hash check.

Can do a more thorough report if you wish, though probably during the weekend.
Thank you, I will check it :)
When I click on a file to download it tries to open it in firefox ti think its my fault when file type said open I belive i said open with firefox it I thought it was a firefox plugin. How can i un do that?
ildperez1969: When I click on a file to download it tries to open it in firefox ti think its my fault when file type said open I belive i said open with firefox it I thought it was a firefox plugin. How can i un do that?
Take a look at this post.
Downloader froze at the very end of Back to the Future installer (1.95 GB). Win XP, x64. Fully updated as of last week. Any other info helpful? Worked when I closed it and restarted (was already done). Incidently, the Commentary also 1.95 GB did not freeze.
I am having problems me too. I followed this suggestion from Szulak

" close the downloader, hit the win + R, type "%localappdata%\GOG.com" and hit enter. Remove everything from this folder, and add a game again."

and it worked fine for one day; today it crashes whenerver I start a download (REDkit for Withcer 2). I interrupted it yesterday, thinking it would retain the already downloaded parts...
Post edited May 20, 2013 by Qoelet
"cannot fetch game data" using latest version. what the fudge gog?
mrchainsaw: "cannot fetch game data" using latest version. what the fudge gog?
Server overloaded probably. Restart the downloader and try again in a bit.