It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
otakufloyd: As Brotoles and sharpman pointed out, I also noticed that when I use the Downloader to verify my downloaded games and check for updates, it adds the installers in a suspended state and "redownloads" them again. It looks like resuming a paused download, it skips the parts that are already on my disk and sometimes finishes instantly and sometimes it downloads some parts again.

This can lead to corrupt installer files, as I noticed with Fallout Tactics for example. I think that happens when the Downloader downloads parts of an installer it thinks are missing or out of date again.

As I have a huge collection of games from GOG, and frequently use the Downloader to update it, I now don't know which of my files are corrupt and which are not. That's bad :-( Checking them all manually would take way too much time, especially if I have to run the setup for them all and sometimes there seems to be no file integrity check before installing.
When you add a game to the downloader to perform integrity check, it will check each chunk and compare it's checksum. If the checksum is invalid, it will re-download this chunk.
Szulak, i want to add , since i have been concerned aswell

since the dev-team updated some games for a "minor update" :

they re-used the same number for an installer, it leads to corrupt installers :

the fallout series is a good example :

since all thoses got a different checksum , but a same number installer version. I don't know if it's due to a bug in the downloader or anything else.The problem was with the 3.4.8 ; i don't know with tthe current one if the problem still occurs ; since it seems to act differently when cheking a game .

As i said earliier , the only solution was to use the pause function prior to add a game to check if there was an update.Not a good solution. . And of course i speak about the silent updates not the others. (which at least i'm aware)
Post edited May 05, 2013 by DyNaer
DyNaer: [...]
I will check everything in Monday, I haven't access to the code from home. But yes, I made some changes with performing integrity check.
I Having problems with the GOG down-loader,,,, I bought 2 new games and now I cant download them.. :(
rlwelch1992: I Having problems with the GOG down-loader,,,, I bought 2 new games and now I cant download them.. :(
What problems have you got? Could you explain it more exactly?
3rd try to post on here

Win 7 x64 Ultimate
English
pausing the downloader from the system tray right click menu, you cannot resume from the downloader GUI only the right click menu in the system tray
Downloads do not finish and go on to the next game in queue without restarting the downloader, which then rechecks the previous download then continues to the end and stalls as above, rinse and repeat for all games in the downloader queue
report submitted

hmm... the downloader was open and previous post attempts vanished closing the downloader post went through
Post edited May 04, 2013 by DarkR1der
Today I tried again to update my collection of games and the downloader only corrupted two of the four titles with which I have had problems earlier. I've noticed one more thing - single file installers which didn't have certificates installed correctly, and according to another topic if an installer hasn;t got a certificate it isn't good.

GOG Team, could You elaborate?
sharpman: Today I tried again to update my collection of games and the downloader only corrupted two of the four titles with which I have had problems earlier. I've noticed one more thing - single file installers which didn't have certificates installed correctly, and according to another topic if an installer hasn;t got a certificate it isn't good.

What titles are that? I will check it. Could you also send a report, please? (Settings -> Report)
sharpman: Today I tried again to update my collection of games and the downloader only corrupted two of the four titles with which I have had problems earlier. I've noticed one more thing - single file installers which didn't have certificates installed correctly, and according to another topic if an installer hasn;t got a certificate it isn't good.

Szulak: What titles are that? I will check it. Could you also send a report, please? (Settings -> Report)
Baldur's Gate 1 Installed without any problems without the certificate. I redownloaded it and the certificate was OK. I didn't check any other game.
Szulak: What titles are that? I will check it. Could you also send a report, please? (Settings -> Report)
sharpman: Baldur's Gate 1 Installed without any problems without the certificate. I redownloaded it and the certificate was OK. I didn't check any other game.
What about these games which didn't download correctly? What games are that?
sharpman: Baldur's Gate 1 Installed without any problems without the certificate. I redownloaded it and the certificate was OK. I didn't check any other game.
Szulak: What about these games which didn't download correctly? What games are that?
Assassin's Creed and The Witcher, but after redownloading it was OK.
I think I've sent about a dozen report file via the downloader error file report.

The downloader just crashes few minutes after I start downloading. This is upsetting. I tried to download S2 Silent Storm few times already, and now it says unable to fetch data.

Any tips how to make the direct download resumeable? (the download option not using GOG downloader).
Post edited May 07, 2013 by BiskutMentega
BiskutMentega: I think I've sent about a dozen report file via the downloader error file report.

The downloader just crashes few minutes after I start downloading. This is upsetting. I tried to download S2 Silent Storm few times already, and now it says unable to fetch data.

Any tips how to make the direct download resumeable? (the download option not using GOG downloader).
Close the downloader, clear a contents of this path "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\GOG.com", turn the downloader on and add the game again.
The Downloader seems to be corrupt, it will not download my game. I tried to Remove the Program in Control Panel (Windows XP) and it told me some components could not be removed, and when I try to re-install the Downloader I get error messages like "Delete file failed - Error5. Retry and Ignore do not work, only Abort. Please help.

asmith46
asmith46: The Downloader seems to be corrupt, it will not download my game. I tried to Remove the Program in Control Panel (Windows XP) and it told me some components could not be removed, and when I try to re-install the Downloader I get error messages like "Delete file failed - Error5. Retry and Ignore do not work, only Abort. Please help.

asmith46
Close all the instances of GOG Downloader, and try to remove it by Control Panel, then install it again.