It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LeonardoCornejo: GOG has become rather lenient with quality latelly, so I am not buying that. I mean, Her Story is not really good, but it was released, FMV games aren known as the worst genre, and the game provides less than 2 hours of gameplay, not to mention you get the same result from watching the video files contained in the folder, and the whole thing is over priced, if it was a 5 buck game maybe I would concede that as a positive thing. The difference is that Hatred is not artsy.
The difference is that quality is subjective. GOG like Her Story and don't like Hatred, you like Hatred and don't like Her Story. Time to grow up.
LeonardoCornejo: It is not hatred, it is facts. I am not against the release of those hipster games, I am against the reluctance to release other games which a larger audience actually wants.
Really? I would class the people who seem to care about GOG not releasing Hatred as a vocal minority...
Post edited July 17, 2015 by SirPrimalform
LeonardoCornejo: GOG has become rather lenient with quality latelly, so I am not buying that. I mean, Her Story is not really good, but it was released, FMV games aren known as the worst genre, and the game provides less than 2 hours of gameplay, not to mention you get the same result from watching the video files contained in the folder, and the whole thing is over priced, if it was a 5 buck game maybe I would concede that as a positive thing. The difference is that Hatred is not artsy.
SirPrimalform: The difference is that quality is subjective. GOG like Her Story and don't like Hatred, you like Hatred and don't like Her Story. Time to grow up.
LeonardoCornejo: It is not hatred, it is facts. I am not against the release of those hipster games, I am against the reluctance to release other games which a larger audience actually wants.
SirPrimalform: Really? I would class the people who seem to care about GOG not releasing Hatred as a vocal minority...
Why do you keep feeding him? Are you expecting him to explode at some point?
low rated
SirPrimalform: The difference is that quality is subjective. GOG like Her Story and don't like Hatred, you like Hatred and don't like Her Story. Time to grow up.
SirPrimalform: Really? I would class the people who seem to care about GOG not releasing Hatred as a vocal minority...
The community wishlist says otherwise. And I would like to point the fact that Hatred is deserving of being released as much or even more than some games recently released (Of course it will not be in the same tier of Warhammer or Shadowrun, but still worthy).
Dalswyn: Why do you keep feeding him? Are you expecting him to explode at some point?
I hope so. I honestly have no idea why I'm still replying.
LeonardoCornejo: The community wishlist says otherwise. And I would like to point the fact that Hatred is deserving of being released as much or even more than some games recently released (Of course it will not be in the same tier of Warhammer or Shadowrun, but still worthy).
I'm glad you understand what subjective means.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by SirPrimalform

Really? I would class the people who seem to care about GOG not releasing Hatred as a vocal minority...
LeonardoCornejo: The community wishlist says otherwise. And I would like to point the fact that Hatred is deserving of being released as much or even more than some games recently released (Of course it will not be in the same tier of Warhammer or Shadowrun, but still worthy).
Am I misreading or does the community wishlist have around 4100 votes and the most voted game has around 47,000 votes.

If so Hatred has around 9% of the votes of the most voted game (and presumably even less than the entire gog community). Doesn't that statistic support SirPrimalform's suggestion that the people who care are a minority?
htown1980: If so Hatred has around 9% of the votes of the most voted game (and presumably even less than the entire gog community). Doesn't that statistic support SirPrimalform's suggestion that the people who care are a minority?
Your cis-speciesist patriarchal oppressive mathematics can't hide the truth! A vocal minority is a majority of cause and purpose. My pure mind-body-soul resists your microaggressions and revels in the revelation of revealing the.. importance... of a game called Hatred...as freedom.

I had that under control for a minute, but I lost it somewhere.
Hmm, it's a little too subtle for this thread.
Funny how the 47k votes you're referring to is a manipulated wishlist that GOG has internally merged against the will of the people that actually voted, and many of them have called a fraud and asked for un-merge. An appropriate thing to use as a 'proof' indeed.
htown1980: Am I misreading or does the community wishlist have around 4100 votes and the most voted game has around 47,000 votes.

If so Hatred has around 9% of the votes of the most voted game (and presumably even less than the entire gog community). Doesn't that statistic support SirPrimalform's suggestion that the people who care are a minority?
There's also the fact that the majority of those voters apparently don't care enough to make a noise. The number of people actually still beating this horse skeleton is pretty minuscule (on both sides of the argument). I'm mostly here out of gruesome fascination.
I was really hyped for Hatred, but when I finally got it I didn't feel as impressed as initially expected. In the end, it's a typical twin stick shooter that just themes around mindless violence against people.

Wifey was expecting more too with the way I was going on about the game... she doesn't game at all, and says there's much worse that what Hatred delivers.

It hardly deserves an AO rating, but I still wouldn't let my kids watch it; just as much as I wouldn't let them watch Far Cry or similar human-on-human violent games... especially when they give you the option of shoving a machete through someone's torso etc.

Anyway, my two cents. Played it for about 2 hours and haven't touched it since. Replies will not be read, so please don't waste your time. I just wanted to give a light opinion on my experience.
htown1980: If so Hatred has around 9% of the votes of the most voted game (and presumably even less than the entire gog community). Doesn't that statistic support SirPrimalform's suggestion that the people who care are a minority?
OneFiercePuppy: Your cis-speciesist patriarchal oppressive mathematics can't hide the truth! A vocal minority is a majority of cause and purpose. My pure mind-body-soul resists your microaggressions and revels in the revelation of revealing the.. importance... of a game called Hatred...as freedom.

I had that under control for a minute, but I lost it somewhere.
heh heh. good point.
DeathDiciple: Funny how the 47k votes you're referring to is a manipulated wishlist that GOG has internally merged against the will of the people that actually voted, and many of them have called a fraud and asked for un-merge. An appropriate thing to use as a 'proof' indeed.
That is funny. Believe it or not, I was not aware of that fraud. It sounds horrible. I was just comparing it to the most voted. Lets try the second most voted. That appears to be System Shock 2 (unless of course a similar fraud has been perpetuated).

4,100 / 36,000 x 100 = 11%.

Hmm... 11% still sounds like a minority to me. Thoughts?

htown1980: Am I misreading or does the community wishlist have around 4100 votes and the most voted game has around 47,000 votes.

SirPrimalform: There's also the fact that the majority of those voters apparently don't care enough to make a noise. The number of people actually still beating this horse skeleton is pretty minuscule (on both sides of the argument). I'm mostly here out of gruesome fascination.
Absolutely. I wonder how many people actually use gog. I would guess 100,000s (but I could be completely wrong) so it seems really strange to me that someone would suggest 4,100 could be the majority of gog users...
Post edited July 17, 2015 by htown1980
Ophelium: Hmm, it's a little too subtle for this thread.
here.

if they still don't get it . they can go back to steam and warship greenlight's anus.
low rated
Hatred co-op is coming, I'm Ivar on Steam for those who revel in killing innocents. :)

Meanwhile, GOG is still pussin' out I take it?
Garrison72: Hatred co-op is coming, I'm Ivar on Steam for those who revel in killing innocents. :)

Meanwhile, GOG is still pussin' out I take it?
go back to steam and make the fatboy fatter. good. don't come back. please.
Oh yeah, I bought the game when it came out and forgot about it (mostly because I thought it was mediocre overall). At least they released patches to address some of the annoying aspects of it (questionable performance, unable to turn off film grain and chromatic aberration, etc.). Still waiting for mods to come out.

...I don't really have anything to add to this topic. I kind of share some of the same thoughts as micktiegs_8 does as far as the game goes. Looking at the trailer I didn't really see what the big deal is or why it was worth getting excited about, and playing the game it felt pretty underwhelming.
Post edited July 17, 2015 by RayRay13000