It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

unbrig ZFR

Right, so we have "Town Backup Cop" and "Town Miller" huh.

I really should be better prepared for the way we do things 'round these parts.

"Town Rolebocker"?

*sigh*
bler144: So, I'm going to EBWOP https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post1013

For one thing, it was written in the style of speaking to town!trent, though at the moment I actually find him the most curious of everyone on cristi's wagon (roughly trent>damn>books>lift>ele>spf). So before anyone says it was a slip, it wasn't, I was just getting into the optimistic spirit before hacking into what his logic would mean if he were town.

For another, it occurred to me that of the three scenarios I presented, I didn't factor in the SPF problem even though I was discussing it in other posts, which is we pretty much have to assume town!SPF unless someone is going to counterclaim pretty much asap and for whatever reason chose not to post-cristiclaim.

So of those three scenarios:

scum!Lift + scum!bler + x
scum!Lift + scum!Joe + y or
scum!Lift + 2+ buddies all on cristi

from town!trent POV, the last one would pretty much have to be Lift+adalia+damnation, specifically, right? Which seems really damn unlikely to me.
I definitely think there were at least two scum on cristi’s wagon, and my guess on the second one is SirPrimalform. Torn between the third being either your or Joe (assuming there are 3 scum)
If my count is correct, I'm free?

Will wait for Poppy to confirm.
Wait, who the hell is "elebutterfy"?!!? Apparently this is a live player in this game?
The "we brought you flowers" vote count.

Lynch:

Lifthrasil - 1 (trentonlf)

Brigged: ZFR

Unbrig ZFR - 5 (trentonlf, adaliaBookwyrms, Lifthrasil, SirPrimalform, yogsloth)

ZFR has been unbrigged! He may now vote as normal. The Brig count will be reset.

With 10 active players, it takes 6 votes to reach a consensus.
I am feeling a bit bad here. I didn't really spend any time during Night phase reading the game and when I subbed in just kind of barreled into the game using purely role claim mechanics to throw some weight around, and yeah, it's obvious that's not the right approach coming back into a GOG mafia game.

I still instinctively have a huge, huge problem with a "Town Roleblocker" existing, though.

And I don't know why SPF wouldn't block flub or myself, seeing as we were the ones actively gunning for him.

With the confirmation of a "Backup Cop" mafia team had to be gunning for the Cop role at night - nothing else would matter at this point.

OP isn't being updated and vote counts aren't showing non-voters, so at least for my own use - the current player list:

bler
Bookwyrm
damnation
elebutterfly
joe
lifthrasil
SPF
trent
yogsloth
ZFR

So I don't recall a single thing from either ele or damnation.

Just from the few live interactions I had, and leaning on old GOG meta, I definitely have Town-reads on bler and trent.

@all - opinions on SPF's general tone/play this game, for those of you that have had weeks to interact in the flow?
yogsloth: OP isn't being updated and vote counts aren't showing non-voters, so at least for my own use - the current player list:
I've updated the OP.

Should you wish, I can add a "not voting" field into the vote counts.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
yogsloth: OP isn't being updated and vote counts aren't showing non-voters, so at least for my own use - the current player list:
PoppyAppletree: I've updated the OP.

Should you wish, I can add a "not voting" field into the vote counts.
Sweet! Thank you!

Yeah, a "not voting" bit is helpful just so you can see who's slanking, lol.
bler144: In that vein, SPF kinda danced around mechanics D2, but while it's probably useless trivia I'm curious if he wants to be share-y on what the flavour actually is. As I recall he only clarified that it's not hanky-panky or drinking but left it at that. I don't think there's any way it helps scum, and while it probably doesn't help town I'm quite curious.
Alright, well I've heard no reasons against this in the last 12 hours, so on N1 I apparently blocked Flub by giving him a double shift on a duty roster. He was blocked by "being stuck at work". I found the speculation about my blocking being about alcohol and sex amusing as I haven't yet got around to watching the show so I don't really know the character.

However, last night I blocked trentonlf by drinking and playing cards with him so the nature of my power simply seems to be "forceful personality". Given that after the talk yesterday I blocked last night using alcohol I assume that if I survive to use my block again it'll be bonking.

One amusing thing of note, when I got my PM it started saying I found trentonlf washing blood off his hands. For a second I thought I'd caught him literally red handed getting back from the night kill, but then I remembered that this couldn't have been the night kill since that's the whole point in a block and then I remembered the lynch scene was pretty damn bloody.

In conclusion, trent probably has a hangover and didn't do the night kill. Also I am stupid.
SirPrimalform: However, last night I blocked trentonlf by drinking and playing cards with him so the nature of my power simply seems to be "forceful personality". Given that after the talk yesterday I blocked last night using alcohol I assume that if I survive to use my block again it'll be bonking.
In that case: me! me! Block me next! :-D

Ok... please don't take that serious. That was pure flavour because flavourwise I would totally want to be 'blocked' by Kara! ;-)

Interesting detail with the blood. But it fits, since trent was the one who hammered.

yogsloth: I am feeling a bit bad here. I didn't really spend any time during Night phase reading the game and when I subbed in just kind of barreled into the game using purely role claim mechanics to throw some weight around, and yeah, it's obvious that's not the right approach coming back into a GOG mafia game.
While I know that that is asking a lot: please do catch up a bit. Just throwing stuff around without actually caring how well founded it is seems quite scummy. And while my main reason to find your predecessor scummy evaporated, there is still his behaviour and I still think that you slot is leaning scum. So if you are town and can find the time at all, please try to catch up so that you can contribute something solid over which can be analyzed by all others.

But speaking of analyzing: I agree with you that ele and Dam are here too rarely. Ele said she'd write about one post per day, but she didn't appear yet since the Day started. Same for Damnation, who was also quite silent on D2.
bler144: It's not D2 anymore, and we've had cristi/flub town flips since then. Please refresh my memory as to your D2 stance.
On D1 Bookwyrm, answered my roleclaim question. I'm 100% sure he did answer it in good faith. However it got me thinking later that if he were town, he would have at least warned me that it's better not to go role hunting. In the previous game he was quite emphatic about not discussing mason roles. If he's scum this time, he's more likely to have it slip his mind.
I feel like an a-hole (since as I said his asnwer, and my question, was definitely done in good faith) for rewarding his answer with a lynch vote. (And I hope it doesn't stop him for helping me again after the game is over).

On D2 adalia wrote a few walls of text, which had little substance. Someone said that scum have to pretend to be town and town have to do scumhunting, and adalia's posts, especially his list, looked to me like fake scumhunting attempts. Reminded me of ones I did in Secret Hitler game.
(Again, sorry adalia if these turn to be real helpful posts from a town player).

His quick unbrigging of me on D3 strikes me odd too. Only trent said on D2 I should be unbrigged quickly if cristi flips town. What about the rest? No questioning? No waiting to hear what others have to say? Overall bler's refusal to quickly unbrig me moved him towards town in my view.

vote: Bookwyrm/adaliabooks

bler144: For all your rage at me D1 for being friendly, do you have any concern trent is pocketing you?
You've got a really weird definition of rage, smurf.

OK, the friendliness I referred to is more of a general friendliness that appears at the beginning of the game, and not specifically calling someone town, so it doesn't apply to trent's behaviour.

I did however find trent's behaviour odd. His insistance on saying I'm town and refusal to brig me, even when it appeared to be a win/not-lose situation for town (it wasn't; I didn't think it through and forgot that unbrigging me might be difficult, but trent didn't mention this point. He simply said he's not brigging me because he's sure I'm town). Then his change of heart without giving a reason.
I went back a bit and here is something I don't understand:

JoeSapphire: Bler - Has been off my scumdar until very recently, and now everything he does looks suspect.
Can you elaborate on that? Why does bler look suspect? I still have him and then ZFR as my top town reads. And those are the only reads in which I still feel quite confident. The rest of y'all is just muddy and I don't even have solid scum reads anymore. Only a lot of questionmarks.

For example: adaliawyrm was pushing cristi quite hard. But so was I and I still think the reasons for doing so were valid. So I can't exactly say that adalia used invalid reasoning either. Now the question is: is adaliawyrm scum who just tagged along and re-inforced my faulty read? Was I being used? Or was adalia just thinking along similar lines like I was and made the same errors in judgement?

One thing though that I think is a reasonable assumtion is, that there is scum but not all scum on cristi's wagon. I don't think they would risk being all on the same wagon. But with cristi being a convenient mislynch, I guess two might have hopped on, either as train driver (adaliawyrm) or as tag-alongs.

So my current guess is, that there are two scum amongst (adaliawyrm, elebutterfly, Damnation, SPF, trent) and one scum among (yogs, Joe).
I currently have about 400 posts to read before I'm caught up. I've been keeping a vague eye on current posts while reading, just to have a general idea of the state of the game and to catch anything directed my way. In the spirit of making sure I'm not holding up anything: does anyone have any questions they want to throw my way?

-Welcome, Yog! Nice to play with you again.

-At the moment, I'm currently looking at Liftrabbit and Damnation as having the highest potential for being scum. There is a mixture of my personal consideration and notes left by Adalia for me going into that list. I'm not sure about a 3rd, yet.

Vote Lift.
Brig Damnation.

These actions are subject to change as I catch up.

-I'm fine with ZFR being unbrigged, regardless of his stated intention to vote me. I'm not sure why he was brigged in the first place, though I'm also still early on Day 2.
Lifthrasil: But speaking of analyzing: I agree with you that ele and Dam are here too rarely. Ele said she'd write about one post per day, but she didn't appear yet since the Day started. Same for Damnation, who was also quite silent on D2.
I'll send out some prods.
Like, several of you have posted, and nobody has answered my question. Like, totally, like, ohmagod.