It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thought about the flubbucket thing. From my POV his hard jump off cristi post-claim with no explanation meant one of two things - he was toaster moving on from a non-threat, or he was a protection PR counter-claiming SPF.

Maybe it is as simple as mafia thinking he was the cop, though I don't know what would make a cop any more or less likely to believe a backup of his/her role existed.

The other thing that's strange is when flub was pushed early game he did the whole "go ahead and lynch me IDGAF!" bit. He doesn't do that as cop as I recall, WIFOM and all.

....which...is interesting.

Or maybe they just thought he gave the least info on flip, but I don't really see that. Esp. since unless someone sat on a SPF counterclaim through those last 48-60 hours of D2, leaving him alive kinda left SPF in doubt, and the flip looks clearing to me.

JoeSapphire: SirPrimalform - who did you block last night?
If he says anything other than flubbucket I'll eat a ha...hmmm...I seem to be low on headware all of a sudden. I'll eat a ham.

In that vein, SPF kinda danced around mechanics D2, but while it's probably useless trivia I'm curious if he wants to be share-y on what the flavour actually is. As I recall he only clarified that it's not hanky-panky or drinking but left it at that. I don't think there's any way it helps scum, and while it probably doesn't help town I'm quite curious.

While we're killing time, may as well bring up one more flavor point about part of the show I had forgotten about:

Damnation: Baltar's Cylon Detector shows results in red (Cylon) or green (human); until he tests his first test subject, Sharon Valerii/Boomer, who shows red. Baltar becomes afraid of how she might react, and sabotages his own Cylon Detector to always only show green. Ergo, Baltar's Detector doesn't work because of himself.

[Long ramble about Chain of Command]
I just find her flavor reasoning very strange, basing it on the CoC.
A few things jumped out at me in re-read from this post in conjunction with a few mod posts, since I discovered I'm supposed to read mod posts, apparently. So I skimmed them hastily extracting at least 25% of their content. I'll save the other interesting part for later, but:
PoppyAppletree: [i]Commander William Adama has been murdered. ...Without clear leadership due to a breakdown of discipline, the chain of command has been broken. Tempers rise and accusations fly as anarchy takes hold.
While there probably aren't any other backups in play, apparently we could have known not to vote on the basis of CoC if we read mod posts.

Bookwyrm627: snip
WB!

I assume your week at the cabin was a bit like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSoMlpQ6yz8
Looks like I have a reply that is being concealed by the new page bug. Adding new post to squash this instance of the bug.
Bookwyrm627: Looks like I have a reply that is being concealed by the new page bug. Adding new post to squash this instance of the bug.
bump. I said:

WB!

you know, after rambling for 1,000 words about flavour
Bookwyrm627: Looks like I have a reply that is being concealed by the new page bug. Adding new post to squash this instance of the bug.
bler144: bump. I said:

WB!

Thanks!

...and yes, it was exactly like that. Were you stalking me? Why didn't you share your internet? :(
Bookwyrm627: ...and yes, it was exactly like that. Were you stalking me? Why didn't you share your internet? :(
I was still mad about the pizza.

It never arrived. I had to go get it AND they made me pay for it even after I assured them Bookwyrm627 had arranged for payment.
Bookwyrm627: ...and yes, it was exactly like that. Were you stalking me? Why didn't you share your internet? :(
bler144: I was still mad about the pizza.

It never arrived. I had to go get it AND they made me pay for it even after I assured them Bookwyrm627 had arranged for payment.
Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I think the payment got lost in the mail.
yogsloth: Hey everyone, Sunday is a full family day for me - I'll be back and in the swing of things Monday morning.
You sound blue. Are you feeling a bit like this?
Hmm... ok.

bler144: I'm most curious to hear from SPF on housekeeping.
?

Do you mean:

JoeSapphire: SirPrimalform - who did you block last night?
bler144: If he says anything other than flubbucket I'll eat a ha...hmmm...I seem to be low on headware all of a sudden. I'll eat a ham.
You'd better run to the butchers, because I blocked... trentonlf.
Ok, so here's what happened:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post905

I thought Trent slipped there for a minute about hard-sorting ZFR as town and then did a u-turn on brigging ZFR to show that "actually I guess I don't really know that he's town, hahahahahaha, how would I know that, hahahahahaha *sound of hot bread products popping up*".

Not sure if scum!Trent trying to save scumbuddy!ZFR from brig or scum!Trent knowing town!ZFR is Town. Also I'm slightly suspicious of trent "trading" ZFR brigging for votes on cristi.

Anyway, I didn't mention any of those suspicions at the end of day 2 because I didn't want to tip anyone off. I had a theory that the reason I survived N1 is because I was hard tunnelling completely the wrong people so the scum took a chance that I'd block one of said wrong people.

bler144: In that vein, SPF kinda danced around mechanics D2, but while it's probably useless trivia I'm curious if he wants to be share-y on what the flavour actually is. As I recall he only clarified that it's not hanky-panky or drinking but left it at that. I don't think there's any way it helps scum, and while it probably doesn't help town I'm quite curious.
I can't think of a way it would help scum, but can anyone else think of a reason I shouldn't summarise my block PMs?

I'm going to sleep in a minute, just wanted to check in before bed.
SirPrimalform: snip
Thanks - go get some rest. Still missing quite a few folks before the real fireworks start anyway.
ZFR: First of all, please let me out of the brig. We are 3 town down already.

Unbrig ZFR.
Yes. Let's do that

unbrig ZFR

So. Cristi was town. Which means that HSL wasn't protecting her at the end of D1. Or at least not for scummy reasons. There is still the back and forth between us which I have the feeling that he quite overdid it. But apparently the same can be said about me. Case in point:

trentonlf: I agree with cristi and I think Lift is scum. His tunneling of Hyper is what I see a scum Lift doing, and when no one else would bite he stops and never even pushes yogs when he replaces Hyper. If Lift really felt Hyper was scum then he would have been pushing yogs just as hard as he did Hyper.
Yes, and if I had pushed yogs for things HSL wrote, you would have painted that as scummy. You can't expect answers from someone who just jumped in about something someone else did. Just like when I was questioned about why littlerabbit was role-fishing. That was only done jokingly, of course, and no one expected me to actually know why littlerabbit did what he did. But now you imply that I should have pushed yogs for things HSL did? And that would have been in the interest of town how?
The point was: I was convinced that lynching cristi would give us more information than lynching yogs/HSL. Which I explained several times. And one of the implications of her flipping town is, unfortunately, that the yogs/HSL slot looks less scummy now.

adaliabooks: Scum presumably thought flub had a PR after all. Nice of them to tidy up that lose end for us, but a curious choice for NK.
Why take someone with a reasonable amount of suspicion off the table?
This sentence, while true, rings to me a bit of LAMIST. "Oh what a curious choice!" (implication: 'I would never have chosen flubb as NK!')

bler144: For me cristi's flip points to GF role in play extremely likely.
I wouldn't say 'extremely'. But likely, yes. We can assume that the replacement wasn't there to balance a second killing role, since we luckily got only one NK again. But alternatively to a GF it could also be a limited shots Vig. That would make sense as well, to include a backup cop to guard against the case that the Vig accidentally shoots the cop. But that's all speculation and I don't know how helpful they are right now.

SirPrimalform: You'd better run to the butchers, because I blocked... trentonlf.
Ok, so here's what happened:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post905

I thought Trent slipped there for a minute about hard-sorting ZFR as town and then did a u-turn on brigging ZFR to show that "actually I guess I don't really know that he's town, hahahahahaha, how would I know that, hahahahahaha *sound of hot bread products popping up*".

Not sure if scum!Trent trying to save scumbuddy!ZFR from brig or scum!Trent knowing town!ZFR is Town. Also I'm slightly suspicious of trent "trading" ZFR brigging for votes on cristi.
Interesting. While I agree that trent's seemingly absolute sureness of ZFRs towniness seemed very odd, I don't agree that it necessarily makes him scum. Possible, yes, but not necessary. And if trent is scum I actually would read it more as trent!scum using town!ZFR for buddying. On D1 I had ZFR as slightly scummy but his entire conduct on D2 looked quite towny.

But something different: Just out of curiosity I would also be interested in the flavour of your blocks. If revealing that has no game-changing implications.
I feel dead.
The "I wish I was a cyborg" vote count.

Lynch:

Lifthrasil - 1 (trentonlf)

Brigged: ZFR

Unbrig ZFR - 3 (trentonlf, adaliaBookwyrms, Lifthrasil)

With 9 active players, it takes 5 votes to reach a consensus.
flubbucket: I feel dead.
Me too, flubb, me too. I think I've been suffering from food poisoning since Saturday morning.
Post edited July 23, 2018 by PoppyAppletree
Lifthrasil: Interesting. While I agree that trent's seemingly absolute sureness of ZFRs towniness seemed very odd, I don't agree that it necessarily makes him scum. Possible, yes, but not necessary. And if trent is scum I actually would read it more as trent!scum using town!ZFR for buddying. On D1 I had ZFR as slightly scummy but his entire conduct on D2 looked quite towny.

But something different: Just out of curiosity I would also be interested in the flavour of your blocks. If revealing that has no game-changing implications.
Yes, the underlined portion is what I was leaning towards too. ZFR does seem fairly town to me, and in that spirit unbring ZFR flowers.

Also unbrig ZFR
So, I'm going to EBWOP https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_reboot_battlestar_goglactica/post1013

For one thing, it was written in the style of speaking to town!trent, though at the moment I actually find him the most curious of everyone on cristi's wagon (roughly trent>damn>books>lift>ele>spf). So before anyone says it was a slip, it wasn't, I was just getting into the optimistic spirit before hacking into what his logic would mean if he were town.

For another, it occurred to me that of the three scenarios I presented, I didn't factor in the SPF problem even though I was discussing it in other posts, which is we pretty much have to assume town!SPF unless someone is going to counterclaim pretty much asap and for whatever reason chose not to post-cristiclaim.

So of those three scenarios:

scum!Lift + scum!bler + x
scum!Lift + scum!Joe + y or
scum!Lift + 2+ buddies all on cristi

from town!trent POV, the last one would pretty much have to be Lift+adalia+damnation, specifically, right? Which seems really damn unlikely to me.
EBWOP of EBWOP - eh, occurred to me I made an error there and forgot about Ele. Bad at maths today, apparently.

From town!trent POV it could be 3 of 4 of Ele/book/damn/Lift. Still unlikely but not as crazy. He's still the most interesting person on the wagon from my POV, however.

Quite looking forward to what yogs has to say.

Late for work.