It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

VOTE COUNT

GymHenson 2 - Bookwyrm627 (#24), Pookina (#135)
Bookwyrm627 2 - blotunga (#5), GymHenson (#7)
blotunga 1 - Micorfish_1 ([#32)
Lifthrasil 2 - ZFR (#138), nmillar (#208)
nmillar 1 - Lifthrasil (#204)
No-Lynch 2 - FlockeSchnee (#214), Catte(#224)

Everyone is voting.

With 10 players it takes 6 votes to achieve a lynch.

Bookwyrm627, GymHenson, Lifthrasil and No-Lynch are closest to lynch at L-4.

D1 ends in some 20 hours.
nmillar: The whole GH vs ZFR thing. I found it odd that ZFR hadn't garnered any votes despite some people raising their suspicions.
Yeah, that seems odd as well....but then again, many likely see me as more suspect by default due to my playstyle, so maybe that explains some of it? o.0 ;)

nmillar: With ZFR, I'm mostly just bored of the maths.
How dare you say such a thing.....ZFR's maths are the highlight of this here game. ;D
Pookina: Oh GH, I'm sorry about the family member. Hope they recover! (If they haven't already).
As said to the others a bit before: they're at home resting/recovering now. A step in the right direction, I think(and one I am glad to see). :)

Pookina: I also don't see how ZFR is "off" or anything, he looks just the same to me as he always did.
Well they did focus on me for several)3-5, iirc) posts several pages back, with flimsy reasoning like the fact that I didn't start with a hello type post this game & also the fact I didn't roleplay much this game(a NO FLAVOR game). That's besides the fact they have played with me through several games, and know how "off" I usually seem in such games.

(the above said: I feel they're more likely town than scum, but could lean them either way atm, tbh)

Pookina: I'll probably join the leading wagon.
Well since you're against NL, that leaves bookwyrm.

So then, if I may ask(as am curious): if no better suspects came along/no one got higher wagon, would you join the bookwyrm wagon if needed to get a lynch through?

+++
+++

@OP Post 241 above: Who is Micorfish? o.0 ;)
GymHenson: with flimsy reasoning like the fact that I didn't start with a hello type post this game & also the fact I didn't roleplay much this game
Yeah... No. None of this is the reason I suspcted you.

Sometimes I really wonder if you're just trolling.
ZFR: Yeah... No. None of this is the reason I suspcted you.
Shall I quote the posts where you seemed to imply as much, then?
ZFR: Yeah... No. None of this is the reason I suspcted you.
GymHenson: Shall I quote the posts where you seemed to imply as much, then?
You don't have to, here it is. Exactly for everyone to see:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_72_starship_of_the_gods_part_ii_the_infernal_engine/post106

So despite all my explanations in this post and later ones on why I found you suspicious, you twisted it into "flimsy reasoning like the fact that I didn't start with a hello type post this game & also the fact I didn't roleplay much this game"?

Seriously, that's what you understood? Even you can't be that stupid.

It couldn't be, I don't know... maybe because first you take what was clearly an RVS vote by Bookwyrm seriously and then proceed to explain it off using contradictory excuses, first saying that you were hunting for slips, then that it was only half serious and half joking (which later increased to 99% joking) and still later because you were trying to get reactions?
No... it can't be. None of this can't be the reason I was susing you. It had to be a flimsy reason like the fact you didn't say hello.

Unbelivable. Sheesh.

At this point, I don't even care if you're Town.

Vote GH
ZFR: So despite all my explanations in this post and later ones on why I found you suspicious, you twisted it into "flimsy reasoning like the fact that I didn't start with a hello type post this game & also the fact I didn't roleplay much this game"?
For the record/to all: I wasn't trying to say/imply that was your only reasoning.....the reasons I listed weren't your only ones. Even so, some of your other reasoning seemed to be "reaching" as well: i.e. you have played with me quite a bit and know about my usual play style, but for some reason my play style in this game is somehow more suspect?

ZFR: It couldn't be, I don't know... maybe because first you take what was clearly an RVS vote by Bookwyrm seriously and then proceed to explain it off using contradictory excuses, first saying that you were hunting for slips, then that it was only half serious and half joking (which later increased to 99% joking) and still later because you were trying to get reactions?
All of that is true....I was part serious/part joking & hunting for slips when voting for Book originally.

And as I also said: I analyze many posts(those that catch my eye, mostly) made by other players...even silly RVS vote posts.

ZFR: Unbelivable. Sheesh.

At this point, I don't even care if you're Town.

Vote GH
As a friend/fellow player, i'd like to say(and I mean this) that you seem to be taking what i'm saying the wrong way. Fwiw, I am just playing the game and not trying to bother anyone.....and i'm sorry if it comes off that I am trying to do so.

That said, I don't mind if you vote me, but could we please keep the insults/jabs(which I snipped) out of the game?
Microfish_1: nope, not Ideas Mr. Moder... you aren't mod anymore? :O
Bookwyrm627: Life happened. I didn't have enough time to do everything, so I resigned as a mod.

Microfish_1: How would you as town know if they were scum hunting or faking it?
Bookwyrm627: You have grasped the core of the problem. :)

I'm not likely to leave scum alive precisely because of that issue, but if I had a way to confirm they were scum hunting for real, then I'm willing to listen (for that matter, I might listen anyway because what they choose to say or NOT say may help find their partners). We had a game some time back (one of the System Shock flavour ones, I believe) that had two different scum factions, and town had to figure out which scum to kill to keep either of their teams from winning. Part of that was deciding how much to trust the scum that had just been outed.
Yeah, life happens. At least you now have time to play FM with us!

I don't know that I could ever go along knowingly reads from those who I'm sure are fake-scumhunting, unless it was looking at "who are they protecting" Zeogold wiped the floor with us in a game of discord-based SH. I was a F, and he a L. I decided for good or ill that he was the most dangerous opponent and argued myhead off against him, and when that didn't work proceeded to toss wild accusations and speculations against everyone...except my teammates. I maybe succeeded in "muting" him, but in the process Zeogold realized that I was a barometer for who was F--"if I wasn't attacking them hard enough, they were my teammate or some such". Anyway, the point being that I wouldn't trust a lean-scum who was scum-hunting, except insofar as to see who they defend, but they might purposely defend town in order to throw off others, so.... I think the term is WIFOM?

my name is capitayn catte: it's bitten me in the seat here
yeah. While i admit that usually I, too, do not bother to check who is playing because i know from the signup thread, it's still Not Good to not check the list. because of Joe stating that he'd play this game, I'll be willing to let this one slide, but Don't Do It Again or I'll scrutinize you.

I'm still not sure what to make of the whole ZFR-GH-Lift-Book...circle? parallelogram? ZFR is overly aggressive, but he is often aggressive. So is Book. I want to think that mafia wouldn't be that aggressive, but I've made the mistake with ZFR before of "as mafia, he wouldn't do such and so"...which he then did. I recall arguing with a scum!ZFR until I was blue in the fingers about why such and so was a scummy move, only for his logic to triumph over my correct gut.... All that to say, scum ZFR is every bit as logical and persuasive as town ZFR.

FlockeSchnee: I'm sorry. I'm worried about someone/for someone (I don't know which is correct) close to me. I panicked. I don't want to make a mistake. I feel better now. I will try again. But I don't know, if I will be of much help.
I hope whoever it is is doing better or the reason for worrying is less. I know the feeling all too well, so I can empathize with you. Insofar as making mistakes, the mafia player doesn't exist who doesn't make mistakes--even the most veteran player will mess up regularly.

If I wasn't in the same shoes, #189 wouldn't be satisfactory on any other day.

I'd prefer to see GH or (to a less extent) ZFR lunched. Failing that, I'd be happy with Lift or Book. Then comes NMillar and Catte.

No leans on Botunga, Pooka or Flocke, though vague gut feelings that Blot might be town?
AS OF PAGE 4 (post 200)
Not willing to vote toDay Flocke, Micro, Pooka, Blotunga.
Barely willing to vote Catte or NMillar, though I wannt more from both of them.
Giving Book a D1 soft-pass because of absence. I don't agree with or like his conclusions, but this could be differing playstyles and NAI.
Willing to vote GH / ZFR / Lift GH because some of his arguments feel off, as ZFR puts it. OTOH, ZFR seems overly aggressive, perhaps too much. the cross-tunneling is difficult to read. The sudden back of ZFR on a very thin reason is suspicious. reminds me of bussing or a sudden attempt at pocketing. Then Lift jumped in with a flimsy(?) reasoning that wasn't satisfactory to me.

Reading the early 200s I don't like Lift's arguments. Seems very opportunistic. That plus my feelings of unease about the ZFR/GH/Lift shebang (when are the hebangs?) makes me very likely to vote him by the end of this post, if only because he's the "best" candidate in a pool of no good candidates.

Pookina: no
If I understand, you are directly contradicting your own #73? or am I misunderstanding? In 73 are you advocating for or against NL?

Bookwyrm627: we could use random.org
I find this amusing because of all the flak ZFR has received over using random.org to RVS vote in a number of previous games.

ZFR: I'm still definitely not voting Micro (he is neutral on my Town-Scum scale, but he's actively posting), Flocke (Townish) and blotunga (slightly Townish, plus gets some newbie protection).
HOLD up. Full stop...
How and why does Blot get newbie status???? Also, as of this writing I'd been offline for nearly 2 days, and not posting game content for another day beyond that. True, i had been active prior, but then I fizzled due to IRL and headaches, but din't explain this... This post needs explanation or ti just Looks Bad.

GymHenson: *GH picks a glass eye out of the jar near him and points it out into the hall past his cabin, toward where he presumes ZFR is*
ROFL, thanks!

wow, the ZFR +GH thing heated up again, still unsure who of Lift/GH/ZFR to vote for] Any one of them seems like a leading candidate.
Microfish_1: wow, the ZFR +GH thing heated up again, still unsure who of Lift/GH/ZFR to vote for] Any one of them seems like a leading candidate.
Since you're giving book a pass for D1: barring me, that leaves lift and book.

Of course if neither is viable, you could vote for me as well if ya want(normally i'd say to not vote for me, but if you do it I guess I wouldn't mind it as much :)).

+++

To all.....forgot my bragging rights earlier: ZFR and Bookwyrm

If I ever get the lynch or the NK, I ask town to keep an eye on em for suspect posts/etc.

+++
(EBWOP)Post 249 first line should say:

Since you're giving book a pass for D1: barring me, that leaves lift and zfr

+++

GH pulls out a pouch of tobacco and switches his bubble pipe for his smoking pipe, smelling the hints of oak and cherry wood aroma from within the bag before filling his pipe and lighting it. As he takes a few puffs he contemplates the deeper mysteries....like why his dinner is a half hour late this evening.
I have thought it over carefully. I hope. GH often has a certain level of GH-i-ness that mitigates a slight amount of his weirdness this game. I also know full well that he has hidden behind it in the past. So while I am willing right now to give him a pass this time around, I however, do not mean that I'll continue to give him a pass for it later on if he keeps it up.

I will revert to my preferred candidate from the mess that was my thoughts earlier, and will go for Lift as who I think is playing the scummiest. I will be willing to switch to GH if need be to avoid NL, but I don't want to yet, if only because of his RPing. It makes the game more fun.

Rogers scowled at his screwdriver, which was supposed to be magnetic--Perhaps it had been demagnetized when he had that run-in with the Ent. It wasn't his fault that he thought the sleeping Ent was a tree and tried to hang a sign on Mr. Ent.
He pulls out the strange chart which had floated out of...well, nowhere. One minute it had not been there and now it was. the scroll was covered with strange lettering, talking something about NLs vs Ls, sleep vs no-sleep, and other forgeign-to-him concepts. Ah well. Maybe one of the elves would help him to figure out the parchment.
EBWOP: I forgot to add

vote lifthrasil

and

[i]Rogers scowled at his screwdriver, which was supposed to be magnetic--Perhaps it had been demagnetized when he had that run-in with the Ent. It wasn't his fault that he thought the sleeping Ent was a tree and tried to hang a sign on Mr. Ent.
He pulls out the strange chart which had floated out of...well, nowhere. One minute it had not been there and now it was. the scroll was covered with strange lettering, talking something about NLs vs Ls, sleep vs no-sleep, and other forgeign-to-him concepts. Ah well. Maybe one of the elves would help him to figure out the parchment.[/i]
GymHenson: I wasn't trying to say/imply that was your only reasoning.....the reasons I listed weren't your only ones.
They weren't reasons. At. All.

I just mentioned them in parantheses to contrast with what you did this game. The reason I voted you was your reaction to Bookwyrm's RVS and the excuses you made about it later.

It takes lots of wilful misinterpretation to twist it into "Well they did focus on me for several)3-5, iirc) posts several pages back, with flimsy reasoning like the fact that I didn't start with a hello type post this game & also the fact I didn't roleplay much this game"

Twisiting someone's reasoning is very scummy. Vote stays.
ZFR: I'm still definitely not voting Micro (he is neutral on my Town-Scum scale, but he's actively posting), Flocke (Townish) and blotunga (slightly Townish, plus gets some newbie protection).
Microfish_1: HOLD up. Full stop...
How and why does Blot get newbie status????
Sorry, I was under the impression he just came back after missing many games like Bookwyrm, whom I gave newbie protectin too, but I see he played as recently as #70. And I did do a rearead of recent games..

Wow, blotunga, you're a very unmemorable character ;)

No newbie proterction for blotunga.
nmillar still didn't reply to my other question. He just attacked the misunderstanding - that was the easy route. But he didn't provide any other input. I still would like to lynch him because I think that is a possible sign of scumminess.

However, it seems no one is following me on this and we have only 11 hours left. So I'll give it a few more hours and then I'll switch. Preferably to Catte, because:

my name is capitayn catte: Given that NL on D1 is actually not bad with the numbers we have, I
You know that is wrong. While the math supports that one NL during the game is actually not bad, on D1 it hurts us. Because it denies us information and makes D2 another D1. Scum will select a minimal information target. Flocke at least is consistent and always has been an incurable NL-proponent. Therefore that NL-vote is NAI. You, however, should know better.

But if no one is willing to vote Catte either, I might switch to GH. There is still the slight scumminess in his reactions and he has collected much interaction that can be analysed once we know his alignment.