It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: Fine. Make the case for the positives of No Lynch beyond "Scum still need the same number of Days to kill everyone".

Let's say we No Lynch. What do we learn, at all, from that? What does a No Lynch tell us about who is and is not scum? How can a No Lynch help us in the future determine who is and is not scum?

What can we possibly learn from the Night Kill? Are there any Night Kills that actually provide information about who is scum (except for confirming the now-deceased player wasn't scum)?
Please don't misunderstand. I was not arguing in favour of everyone voting no lynch, I was just explaining why it's the best place for my vote at the moment.
I'm really really tired and rather than just "go along with any wagon" I'd rather vote no lynch. If someone can make a compelling argument for a particular wagon please do so.
I quickly skim all the articles from my last appearance (when?) up until now, and I see a growing list of no-lynch support, and let just add my opinion here:

no.

Bookwyrm627: For people who are waiting for D2 to get going before they get more involved, would one of you please volunteer to be the lynch for D1?
I tried that before, didn't go too well. Hard pass.

Wait is that a development in the lift/nmillar department?

Okay, I checked their back and forth. From where I'm standing, it appears to be 90% likely Town-on-Town violence. Especially Lift. I can feel that this is Town Lift.
Bookwyrm627: Let's say we No Lynch. What do we learn, at all, from that? What does a No Lynch tell us about who is and is not scum? How can a No Lynch help us in the future determine who is and is not scum?

What can we possibly learn from the Night Kill? Are there any Night Kills that actually provide information about who is scum (except for confirming the now-deceased player wasn't scum)?
Nothing.

Anyone doing NL in the hopes of getting additional info or learning something new, is doing it wrong.

After the Night we'll still be in D1 with the same amount of info. Just pretend it is a longer D1.

The purpose of NL is to make the choice of whom to lynch slightly easier due to there being one less person. It's for this reason that I'm not advocating it this game; the benefit is small and makes the boring D1 last longer.
ZFR: The purpose of NL is to make the choice of whom to lynch slightly easier due to there being one less person. It's for this reason that I'm not advocating it this game; the benefit is small and makes the boring D1 last longer.
We could get the same effect by using Random.org to pick a player and just tell them they can't play. Heck, we'd do better by just doing that because at least that could hit scum.
ZFR: The purpose of NL is to make the choice of whom to lynch slightly easier due to there being one less person. It's for this reason that I'm not advocating it this game; the benefit is small and makes the boring D1 last longer.
Bookwyrm627: We could get the same effect by using Random.org to pick a player and just tell them they can't play. Heck, we'd do better by just doing that because at least that could hit scum.
Exactly...

(though we can't hit scum. If we remove a player pre-game, the mod will still balance the remaining 9 as 7 vs 2).

This is equivalent to a 7vs2 game. Or an 8vs2 with Night Start.
Boomp
Thanks.

OK, in order to make this less boring, I'm willing to expand my lynchable list to include the lurkers Pooka, nmillar, catte...

I'm still definitely not voting Micro (he is neutral on my Town-Scum scale, but he's actively posting), Flocke (Townish) and blotunga (slightly Townish, plus gets some newbie protection).
Posting to one person at a time, and have to get through 4 or so pages.....will try to weigh in more once done with it all
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

blotunga: As for the rest, I revoke my feeling, GH feels his usual self. Not much to go on. ZFR seems to be very proactive, but that's NAI imho. While I do agree with Lift that catte should be paying more attention, I think IRL issues in this case might excuse him.
Agreed on Catte and ZFR(though I am still keeping an eye on ZFR, just in case).

*GH picks a glass eye out of the jar near him and points it out into the hall past his cabin, toward where he presumes ZFR is*

blotunga: Btw there is so much fluff around that I feel it hard to follow. That's why I usually try to keep my post somewhat short and meaningful.
I hear ya....that's why I usually mark fluff with italics, and important stuff with bolding and/or underlining.

blotunga: A couple of times I tried jumping around wagons to test people, it only got me lynched eventually (wasn't scum).
I try all sorts of tricks to find scum when i'm town.....and yeah, like soemtimes gets me suspected and/or lynched. But eh, I still have a good time most times anyways. :)
Next up in my reply list is Lift:
++++++++++++++++++++

Lifthrasil: Upon re-reading I wonder: is this true? Or do you use your relative new-ness as cover to try to fly under the radar? Or is it true AND you use it as as cover?
Dunno about NMillar, but I am a perpetual newb myself due to: my memory problems, not being the best speaker(about what i'm trying to convey) when I get into more complicated ideas, etc. This works in my favor and against it in near every game, as you can likely guess.

-

Lifthrasil: Hmm. And when the argument against GH gained traction, ZFR retreated and found a (flimsy) town-tell. ... Maybe I was too hasty with Town-reading ZFR and maybe he actually is scumbuddies with GH.
Nah, if I was scumbuddies with someone like ZFR I would...well, there is a tell, but not gonna say atm(in case i'm ever scum again and need to use it).

Anyways, I think it was odd how ZFR "backed off" so quick after I explained my IRL....but would a scum!ZFR be so eager to draw my eye on them(due to how I focus on such things) by shading me? I don't think he likely would....so I am leaning them more town than scum atm(but still keeping an eye on them).
Next up in the reply chain is ZFR
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ZFR: Brings back memories
Nice little memory, thanks for posting that.

-

ZFR: GH is next, I'm not sure my tell is as strong as I thought it is, plus at the very least it would remove a distraction.
It would also remove a town & their vote from the game(yeah, I know, i'm not verified town...just sayin).

As for distractions: you and every other veteran player should know how adapt to/not get distracted by my GH-ness by now, I think.

-

ZFR: He said the exact opposite. He said he's experienced.
Really?
(didn't read Nmillar's replies yet for the most part, along with some others)

-

ZFR: Can we at least have some input on who's willing to vote whom like BW did? I'm willing to switch to GH if the Lift wagon is going nowhere but I don't know, because aside from nmillar (yes) and BW (no) I have absolutely no idea.
I am willing to(atm, as of this post) vote either Book(for Post 84's opening bit, what he said and what he was replying to in that bit of post 84) or maybe you(for the focusing on me earlier, which seemed like it could've maybe been a vet scum!ZFR looking for an easy mislynch).....and barring that: anyone else besides myself, and lastly nolynch(wanna also have us save that for later on on a future "day")

-

ZFR: After the Night we'll still be in D1 with the same amount of info. Just pretend it is a longer D1.

The purpose of NL is to make the choice of whom to lynch slightly easier due to there being one less person. It's for this reason that I'm not advocating it this game; the benefit is small and makes the boring D1 last longer.
Tbh I find chunks of these games to sometimes be boring, no matter if we have "two D1s" or not.

That aside I think we have some info after NLs....like voting wagons(who was on or off, who got on/off and when/why, etc), other stuff said in posts that might contain hints of who is what, etc.

-

ZFR: I'm still definitely not voting Micro (he is neutral on my Town-Scum scale, but he's actively posting), Flocke (Townish) and blotunga (slightly Townish, plus gets some newbie protection).
Question: How is blotunga a newbie in these games & why do you think they should get some such protection?
Book is up next on the reply carousel:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GymHenson: That aside, a bit of musing and a question: if there were two scum factions in a game(i mean in general) and they didn't know each others members, then they would be somewhat blind in a way, wouldn't they?
Bookwyrm627: Perhaps, depending on the setup. But that isn't what we have here, is it?
True enough....I sometimes like to muse on aspects of the game in general and other things, is all.

-

Bookwyrm627: People I'd prefer to see lynched: GH, Nmillar
Lemme guess, me possibly because I RVS voted ya and then started to somewhat suspect ya & Nmillar maybe because ZFR is yer scum buddy? o.0 ;)

-

Bookwyrm627: GH: Parts of his posting have felt off. Nothing in particular, but I don't like the feel I'm getting.
Ask any other vet player: near everything about my play/posting seems off. :)

That said, I cannot prove myself town so of course take that with a grain of salt and vote as ya will.

-

Bookwyrm627: For people who are waiting for D2 to get going before they get more involved, would one of you please volunteer to be the lynch for D1?
I'm tempted sometimes, rabbit....but of course i'm more tempted to keep playing as I like to play in these games more than not.

-

Bookwyrm627: Let's say we No Lynch. What do we learn, at all, from that? What does a No Lynch tell us about who is and is not scum? How can a No Lynch help us in the future determine who is and is not scum?
Well we learn stuff from wagon analysis of even failed wagons. That said, I more want to lynch today than nolynch.
Flocke is up next in the wheel-o-replies:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FlockeSchnee: All I have is non-game-related stuff. Anyone wanna hear about what kind of pets we had or about god-themed pet names/names for pet breeds I created for the Sims 2?
Go right ahead....i'm all ears.

FlockeSchnee: Where the hell did all the stories go?
You mean the roleplaying me and Micro(and sometimes others) did/do? I was offline for a bit, so that's at least why there wasn't any from me.

FlockeSchnee: No idea how the math/mechanics go there and I'm too tired anyway. I think I'll go take a nap or a real good night sleep. If I can actually fall asleep that is.
I feel ya....when my family member was in the hospital(they're back resting at home now) I was having trouble getting sleep due to the bit of stress I had and added work load around the home. I hope ya get some sleep soon.

Btw: thanks for the well wishes re: my family member, and also glad to see you're staying in the game. :)
GymHenson: how ZFR "backed off" so quick after I explained my IRL.....
Nope
As for who to lynch...

Oh GH, I'm sorry about the family member. Hope they recover! (If they haven't already).

I'm willing to drop my vote on GH, but I don't think bookwyrm is it. He looks fine to me. Lift is looking really like tempting lynch material, but I do have this feeling he is just Town being violent with another Town. I also don't see how ZFR is "off" or anything, he looks just the same to me as he always did.

I'll probably join the leading wagon. There really isn't anything pointing me in a particular direction, but I'd rather have a wagon with a flip and nightkill, than just the nightkill.
my name is capitayn catte: Hey guys, I'm back-ish. Not caught up on the last couple of days' posts but will as time permits (at work right now).
Good to hear :)

my name is capitayn catte: I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish you and them the best and hope they make a speedy recovery.
Thanks....they are at home now and resting/recuperating, which is good(they're at home and a bit better, so my stress has gone down somewhat, etc).

my name is capitayn catte: ZFR - interesting change in tack on GH. Not sure he'd willingly draw so much attention if scum?
My question/thoughts exactly.

my name is capitayn catte: 2. I missed a couple of days toDay so the deadline feels shorter to me than it otherwise would have. I don't want to ask for an extension, but I also don't have any strong reasons to vote for anyone.
Tbh I am also slightly tempted to vote NL as well.....I don't see my suspects likely getting enough votes in time, and I don't wanna vote someone else with little to go on(in part due to not focusing as much on the game due to IRL).