It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: Yeah someone post scum chat. I can't on my phone.
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/GFq39CVwSDYFf
Good game all!

It was actually pretty close, and but for a few slightly different decisions or actions either side could have had it.

Really liked the set up, no mass claim for once! Though I think it needs a few tweaks (the guaranteed passing of powers to town led to a mass claim like situation at the end, so some way to balance that would make it pretty perfect) I definitely think something similar should be used again.
Plus giving scum more info to aid in false claims might help (just info of the mechanics obviously, possibly by making it open and obvious to all how the powers work?)
But overall, really fun mechanics and flavour, well done Lift and Yogs.
flubbucket: !
Funny thing flub, when HSL was killed night one the thought popped into my head "I bet flub did that because HSL is a very smart player and impressed flub last game", I thought was funny that is what happened :)
flubbucket: !
trentonlf: Funny thing flub, when HSL was killed night one the thought popped into my head "I bet flub did that because HSL is a very smart player and impressed flub last game", I thought was funny that is what happened :)
My hands are clean. I never killed anyone either.
flubbucket: My hands are clean. I never killed anyone either.
I was just reading the scum chat where you gave the reasoning to have HSL killed :-P
Lifthrasil: And I have one more quesion for you: did you figure out your names? There was a hidden meaning to them. :-)
Bookwyrm627: I did some more looking, and it looks like the names are taken, at least partly, from town locations. I think from the Chernobyl area, but I don't remember.
Yep. You're on the right track there. :-) Should I reveal where I took the names from?

Glad you all liked the game. But yes, some things need to be tweaked. Next time I will take more time with the PMs to avoid this PM quoting stuff. Perhaps just very terse PMs that don't contain anything but the role information, and all the fluff goes into the opening post, visible to all. Or the opposite with extensive fluff in the PMs, but different for everybody, so that the comparisions don't yield anything solid.
adaliabooks: Plus giving scum more info to aid in false claims might help (just info of the mechanics obviously, possibly by making it open and obvious to all how the powers work?)
My personal preference would be open info to all. In this particular setup, if scum alone had the full mechanic info, I think that would tip things in scum's favor.

I guess it wouldn't quite be mafia, but what if everyone had a unique win condition? Might make for an interesting diversion.
adaliabooks: Plus giving scum more info to aid in false claims might help (just info of the mechanics obviously, possibly by making it open and obvious to all how the powers work?)
Bookwyrm627: My personal preference would be open info to all. In this particular setup, if scum alone had the full mechanic info, I think that would tip things in scum's favor.

I guess it wouldn't quite be mafia, but what if everyone had a unique win condition? Might make for an interesting diversion.
Yeah, probably just outlining the basic set up in the OP is probably easier and fairer. I just know Lift and Yogs had mentioned in the QT about scum false claiming but none of us had felt confident enough about getting the details right to do it when it might have helped.

I think you're right in that it wouldn't really be the same as mafia, but it could be interesting to try something where everyone has their own win condition.
Bookwyrm627: My personal preference would be open info to all. In this particular setup, if scum alone had the full mechanic info, I think that would tip things in scum's favor.
It is called an Open Setup. Not too common around here, but it is a totally valid way to do things.
Reading the scum thread now.

adaliabooks: Scum thread comment: But Bookwyrm slipped, he mentioned talking about powers and roles with Lift. It must have been in PM as it wasn't in the thread, and to me the only reason to do so is because he has a power.
Actually, I was straight vanilla on day/night one. I noticed that flavor section of the OP talking about powers being unstable, and I asked Lift about it. He gave me a very clear "Maybe, maybe not! :D" type answer.
Great game and clever setup, cheers to our mod and the players!

Wish I had stayed alive longer, but it was lots of fun just following.

Happy Easter!
Attachments:
Bookwyrm627: Actually, I was straight vanilla on day/night one. I noticed that flavor section of the OP talking about powers being unstable, and I asked Lift about it. He gave me a very clear "Maybe, maybe not! :D" type answer.
As a Moderator, I always hate those questions. The moderator has to be so careful about how responses are worded so they don't give too much information by mistake.

I was actually a little amazed by how many PMs I got when I decided to moderate a game. As a player, I might send a PM here and there to a moderator to joke or lament, but I rarely ask directed questions about the OP or the setup (except for role clarification if needed). This is just a neutral observation about differences in behavior that took me a little off guard, but probably shouldn't have in retrospect.
Yep. Running this game has increased my PM inbox noticeably. :-)

But I liked the increased communication - even if I had to answer many questions with some variant of "maybe, maybe not" ;-)

Oh and Happy Easter from me too!
Post edited April 05, 2015 by Lifthrasil
Yay! Congrats fellow townies and good game to everyone, including the Monolith followers. Leaving aside the fact that we had to lose a couple of people I believe that the game went pretty good and the setup was fantastic. Good job on that Lift, I'm glad I didn't end up skipping it.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it this week!
Happy Easter to everyone, and if anyone else here hosts a mafia game, don't forget to let me know!

Lift's game was really refreshing, even to mostly watch.