It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim: You're still neglecting the simplest option, and the one I really want to test. In fact I'd love to test it today. I've already given a bit of information, so I'm not terribly inclined to offer up my first choice of townie yet.

But how about this one: Townies always flip on death, scum don't.
adaliabooks: I'm fairly sure that's actually what she meant by number 2. That all town that are killed flip.
Yes, that is what I meant with #2, the only flips are when town dies.

I find it ironic that darko voted for Ixamyakxim on day one and did not change it until he voted for RWarehall. Could be coincidence, could help explain why darko got targeted.

Good to see Hijack back (I think) ;-)
HypersomniacLive: Well, I did warn everyone that my post might not be as coherent as I wanted it, I was editing it a lot while typing.
Let me give an example - in the current game, our win-condition is for every and all anti-town factions to be eliminated; would we be able to accomplish that if we all died before the game ends? That's what I assume, but didn't express in a clear way.
Were there games where the town win-condition could be accomplished even with no townies alive?
So far, few roles have required the player's survival, since they do win if the faction wins. So while town survival is needed for town to win, a townie's survival isn't. So, let's quote your post again

HypersomniacLive: Why unlikely to most games? If he's town, it's equally important in every game that townies survive because that's their win-condition. Why is it more important in this game? That comment made me consider the case that his own win-condition depends on at least one townie surviving - not town winning, just to have one or more townies survivors. I'm not sure about this, if the course of the game shows that town will lose (something I've read about on MafiaWiki), are the townies still alive at the point the game is declared lost considered dead for the end result? If yes, then we can disregard this thought. But if not, perhaps we should give it another thought as that could mean that he's not necessarily (in lack of a better term) mafia/ scum.
You do consistently use Town for the faction and Townies for individuals, yet you did say that townies survival is equally important on all games. So, newbie slip, lack of coherence, or something else entirely? Could it be that you are the one that has a different win condition from the rest of the townies?
JMich: [...] So, newbie slip, lack of coherence, or something else entirely? Could it be that you are the one that has a different win condition from the rest of the townies?
Interesting wording - you seem to not include yourself among the townies. In regards to me though, it makes me wonder - does that mean that you consider me town but with a different win-condition or that you don't consider me town?

But to answer your question - let me quickly check flubbucket's PM to me... nope, still states the town's win-condition.

We both know that currently there's no way I could convince you about it, if you feel so inclined to think that I'm not town. Your question however smells strongly like fishing - are you getting ready for your night action and weighing your choices?
JMich: snip
You know what you miss in all this gibberish you posted? The simple fact that if flips are hard to confirm with no coroner, I mentioned that flub's flavor might be the key to finding scum, and I find it highly suspicious you conveniently missed the word "incidentally" from my explanation, which pretty much is a variable in the equation where flub is giving us clues through flavor. You missed the entire point that my hypothesis is flub came up with the clue based on the events that transpired. TB visits Robb. Robb is scum. Robb is not PGO. How ever scum incidentally NK TB. Get it now? It was as simple as a cereal box story. The word "incidentally" was all you had to read.

In any case. I no longer believe the above mentioned scenario is the case. I keep it as a posiblity, but I tend to believe Robb for the most part. Your insistence on role fishing and blurring the lines of logic however has me suspicious of you.

Lifthrasil: Well, who was the other scum that you thought you knew, Hijack, and why? I think the explanation to that question would really help.
The "other" scum is Robb, while the first is RWare. SK is still scum to me.

ddickinson: snip
This post......it is too sweet and cute for a mafia game. I think ddickinson wants to give us diabetes or something.

ddickinson: snip
Are you accusing others than yourself of anything? This is how the game plays. The way you responded here seems like butthurt to me. Don't get me wrong. Totally understandable, I sometimes react the same way, but maybe the fact that you were too unsure of yourself is what put you in this position.
HijacK: ...
Only ~220 more posts to go, and you're caught up!
JMich: snip
HijacK: You know what you miss in all this gibberish you posted? The simple fact that if flips are hard to confirm with no coroner, I mentioned that flub's flavor might be the key to finding scum, and I find it highly suspicious you conveniently missed the word "incidentally" from my explanation, which pretty much is a variable in the equation where flub is giving us clues through flavor. You missed the entire point that my hypothesis is flub came up with the clue based on the events that transpired. TB visits Robb. Robb is scum. Robb is not PGO. How ever scum incidentally NK TB. Get it now? It was as simple as a cereal box story. The word "incidentally" was all you had to read.

In any case. I no longer believe the above mentioned scenario is the case. I keep it as a posiblity, but I tend to believe Robb for the most part. Your insistence on role fishing and blurring the lines of logic however has me suspicious of you.
I'm sorry, but I'm entirely with JMich on this one. Guessing that Robb is scum because Twilight visited him and flub mentioned you had chosen well is no better then me saying Sage is scum because she found Darko in flub's flavour. Undoubtedly flub just meant you chose well because you managed to actually see something useful (a minor miracle given how many players there are). The moderator giving you anymore information (outside that gained by your role) would basically amount to cheating, and I don't really see flub doing that.

However I don't think that's what Lift and JMich's disagreement was about (which seems to be the main reason anyone considers JMich as scummy, and therefore the only thing standing between us and lynching Ix).
Lift was pushing to lynch Robb because he thought he was scum, whereas JMich wanted him to explain a situation where Twilight would have died from visiting scum. Ironically there is actually one, Twilight being weak, which I mentioned having stumbled upon in the Wiki it after the whole thing had blown over.

He also suggested the possibility of No Lynch which has rubbed everyone the wrong way, which seems to just have been a knee jerk reaction from many, or an excuse to push a wagon by scum. Yes, in most games No Lynch is bad for town. I suggested it in my first game and it was explained why it was a bad thing, no wagon to analyse, more NK's and actions by scum etc. But this game (may not) feature some of the elements hoped to be gained by a lynch, flip and wagon. So No Lynch is viable. I think we need at least one more lynch to confirm the flip situation before we really consider it, but I can see why it was suggested.

So can someone just hammer Ix and get this day over with?
adaliabooks: So can someone just hammer Ix and get this day over with?
I would like HijacK to catch all the way up. Then I might hold my breath until I explode waiting for CSPVG to show up, not read the thread, and post some idiosyncratic hogwash and vote for somebody totally irrelevant.

Once those two things happen, if nobody is willing to use their brains and think about what Ixy is doing and why, I'll hammer if I have to.
adaliabooks: So can someone just hammer Ix and get this day over with?
yogsloth: I would like HijacK to catch all the way up. Then I might hold my breath until I explode waiting for CSPVG to show up, not read the thread, and post some idiosyncratic hogwash and vote for somebody totally irrelevant.

Once those two things happen, if nobody is willing to use their brains and think about what Ixy is doing and why, I'll hammer if I have to.
Fair enough. I won't really hold my breath waiting for CSPVG, who knows when he might check in...

But if that's what it's going to take to get this lynch done and the day finished so be it.
ddickinson: @Sage:

Another theory I had about HijacK not saying what he knew straight away was for him to lure Robbeasy out, get him to role claim. If HijacK and Twilight were both Scum, HijacK might have known Twilight was investigating Robbeasy (or that he was out investigating someone). After hearing Twilight was killed, Hijack would be curious to know why, and pressuring Robbeasy (or whoever killed Twilight) to role claim or reveal themselves and give Scum an explanation as to why Twilight died and who did it. In this case Robbeasy could indeed be telling the truth. Again it's not a solid theory, just something I considered. Perhaps this is why HijacK did not just come out and say what he knew. Would it have changed the outcome if he had said straight away. If Robbeasy is Town, then he would have still made the same claim, trying to warn against both Scum and Town from investigating him.

So I guess this means that I am less inclined to think Robbeasy as Scum, as I previously thought, and maybe more towards Town.
May I ask why on a huge number of players you focus only on me and neglect everything else under the pretense that it was "already discussed"?

Is this your way to appear useful?

Also, keep in mind that it is you who kept this "gift" hidden, so don't give me this hypocritical crap that I hide stuff.
HypersomniacLive: Interesting wording - you seem to not include yourself among the townies.
I rarely do. I have mentioned in my first game that the answer to the question "Are you town" is always yes, no matter the affiliation of the one answering. I do usually include myself in the faction Town, but I rarely include myself in the townies. I prefer to state theories without clarifying my part, to allow others to make their own minds on where I stand. Until I claim that is. Then I do reveal affiliation, and start including myself in townies.

HypersomniacLive: In regards to me though, it makes me wonder - does that mean that you consider me town but with a different win-condition or that you don't consider me town?
No idea. Consider it thinking out loud.

HypersomniacLive: are you getting ready for your night action and weighing your choices?
Night action for night two was decided sometime during Day 1, to gather as much info as I could. Unsure if it will give me any info though.

HijacK: and blurring the lines of logic however has me suspicious of you.
Fun Fact. Lines of Logic cannot be blurred. Steps can be missed, assumptions can be made, but Logic is like math. So, what steps did I miss in my logic that has you crying blurred lines? Oh, I know. The fact that you said you'd claim, and we are still waiting.

So, will you honor your promise of a claim Mr. "My role is too important to mention, even if anyone with a bit of brain can put two and two together", or will you continue crying foul and claim that you and only you know the truth?
HijacK: May I ask why on a huge number of players you focus only on me and neglect everything else under the pretense that it was "already discussed"?

Is this your way to appear useful?

Also, keep in mind that it is you who kept this "gift" hidden, so don't give me this hypocritical crap that I hide stuff.
I just wanted to share my theory on someone who was not currently being discussed much. It was something I had been thinking since you made your announcement about knowing who Twilight visited. I still fail to see the point in me posting about someone if someone else has already made a much better post raising the shame points I may have had. It maybe was partly my way of appearing more useful, or at least trying to take part more. I know I have not been the most active and I have been trying to participate more.

As for my gift, I agree about your point, however, I did not dangle it in front of people and not share. I never said "I received something on day 1, but I won't say any more", kind of like how you kept talking about things you know or think you know, but don't share, or come out with I know who visited who, but I won't say just yet, for some reason. The reason I did not share is because I was over thinking the importance of the item and its flavour, thinking it could reveal someones role. As I could not find the role on the wiki, I kept quiet in case it was a town role. Had I found evidence to say the role was anti-Town, then I would have shared it straight away.

The difference, as far as I am concerned, is that I make these errors because of my poor skills playing these games, however, you come across to me as someone who is very good at these games, and I find your secretive ways to be anti-Town. You seem to act as though you are a one-man army against Scum, or Scum pretending to be Town and protect his fellow Scum while appearing to be Scum hunting. Maybe you are not Town or Scum, but some special role, which would maybe explain why you act so secretive. But I am tempted to lean more to Scum at the moment. I know I am probably wrong and misreading things, but that was my reason behind it.
Fine, fine we're not going to lynch a townie and see if they flip.

Perhaps another night to draw battle lines then?

No Lynch
yogsloth: btw, where's HijacK? I miss him too. Nobody has called me an idiot in, like, days.
You're an idiot.

Ixamyakxim: You don't find it odd that three players swoop in after very little activity and toss votes on one player, and then very shortly thereafter those same three all alter their votes? One even putting their vote on the other, almost as a prophylactic for their earlier aggressiveness.
NOPE! Trent is known to juggle with votes like that. I've noticed him do it both as scum and as town, so that says nothing about him. I believe yog already explained if he had some backing he would totally go for JMich, backing which previously was not there from trent. Adalia most likely just OMGUS voted for trent because he has JMich as pro town for some reason, even though if you ask me JMich so far only muddied waters and made logical stuff look like a mess. Seems like a nice change if you ask me. Things are going SOOOOOO SLOOOOOW. Like wtf, I am used to speed of light games.
JMich: While English is not my first language, I am quite certain that when speaking generally, you can use the plural form of a noun. So if a team's quarterback fails to touchdown, a statement of "It seems that their quarterbacks can't score even in the bedroom" is valid, even if only one quarterback has exhibited said behavior. Feel free to correct my grammar, in case I'm mistaken.
Something for everyone.

JMich: So you say that TwilightBard was scum? Then how did our coroner die? Town vigilante that has not owned up to his mistake? Or could TwilightBard be a townie that went and investigated Robbeasy, and died due to PGO, while scum Night Killed Darko13? Or do we have two scum factions, along with at least 2 neutrals? How many would be left that are town then?
Or maybe TB was scum cop. You haven't thought about this, have you? Of course you haven't.

Also, let me say this. Statistics of 1 case are not even statistics. Thus, by having only one lynch you have no concrete proof there is for certain no flip, neither statistically nor by the scientific method.

JMich: Do you think lynching a lurker that we have no read on (either town or scum) is better than not lynching anyone, and why?
What if I answer yes and say because lack of communication added with confusion inducing arguments doesn't help town?

Here's the thing that makes you extremely suspicious. Unlike Mrk, who sugar coats the hell out of an argument and can sell you a wreck for the price of a limo, you twist a direction only in your desired path. Nothing wrong with that, but our views conflict here and so we will have to clash.

cristigale: snip
Let me give you an ala HijacK response for all those "genius" theories: Stupidity overloaded.
JMich: I rarely do. I have mentioned in my first game that the answer to the question "Are you town" is always yes, no matter the affiliation of the one answering. I do usually include myself in the faction Town, but I rarely include myself in the townies. I prefer to state theories without clarifying my part, to allow others to make their own minds on where I stand. Until I claim that is. Then I do reveal affiliation, and start including myself in townies.

[...]
An effective way of getting others to share while sharing nth - duly noted.

JMich: [...]

Night action for night two was decided sometime during Day 1, to gather as much info as I could. Unsure if it will give me any info though.

[...]
I'm impressed.

Interesting that you consider that a universal logic that everyone accepts and practices exists.

Ixamyakxim: Fine, fine we're not going to lynch a townie and see if they flip.

Perhaps another night to draw battle lines then?

No Lynch
You've already placed one vote. Does this one mean that you have a second one or did the fact you've already voted just slipped your mind?