It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I notice a distinct lack of Elves to smack around. Yes, I see there are a couple of Elven teams but not enough :P

I guess I'll have to satisfy my team's inherent blood lust with halflings :P
Piran's Beginner's Guide to Inducements

This season many of us will have a huge amount of inducements, so I thought I should try to explain how inducements work.

Step 1: Calculate your inducements
At first glance it looks pretty straightforward, you take the opposing team's TV and subtract your team's TV. The result times 1,000 is the amount of gold you get for inducements.
BUT it can be more complicated than that. If your team can field less than 11 players a player gets added with the cost of a linemen before inducements are calculated.
That means if you're playing Amazons for example and you're short two players you get two journeymen linewomen at 50k each bringing up your TV by 100 (=100,000 gold). That means you get 100,000 gold less for inducements than you would have thought by looking at the TV before the match.
The opposite happens if your opponent gets journeymen because he/she is short on players.

Step 2: Using gold from the petty cash to buy inducements
This doesn't work as well as one would think.
Imagine that due to TV difference you would get 40,000 gold for inducements. That's bad because the cheapest inducement costs 50,000 gold.
Now you cannot just add 10,000 gold from your petty cash to spend 50,000 gold on inducements. Nope, you have to cash out the whole 50,000 gold if you want to have that much for inducements.

Step 3: Choosing your inducements

Star Players
Not all Star Players that are available in the table top version of Blood Bowl are available in the computer game. That sucks.
I made a list of the ones that are available here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_bloodbowl_restarting_soon/post725
If you want to buy a Star Player make sure you click on the "Confirm" button at the bottom of the screen where you choose the Star Player.

Mercenaries
A mercenary can be hired for a match if you don't have that position filled already. If you have your full number of blitzers (and they all can play in this match) you cannot hire another blitzer.
Mercenaries cost the normal price of a player at that position +30,000 gold. An amazon linewoman would therefore cost 50,000 gold + 30,000 gold = 80,000 gold.
You can add a skill to a mercenary when hiring it at. That skill raises the cost for the mercenary by 50,000 gold. Amazon linewoman with block = 130,000 gold.
All mercenaries are loners.

Mercenaries are useful when you feel you need one particular skill against the opposing team that your team is missing AND when there is no Star Player available who has that skill.

Mercenaries can also be useful to get a re-roll + reserve player in one nice package. Just buy a mercenary and add a leader re-roll. In most cases that will be cheaper than buying a reserve player and adding a normal re-roll ("Team Training").

The rest
The rest of inducements are pretty self-explaining, I think. If you have questions though, just ask.
Bloodweiser Babes help your KOed players to recover.
The Halfling Master Chef has a chance of stealing the opponent's re-rolls and giving them to you (VERY nice if it works!)
Wizard offers two spells but can only use one of them once during the match (Lightning: 1 player (2+ to hit) or Fireball: 3x3 squares (4+ for each opposing player to hit). Hit has Mighty Blow.)
Team training gives you extra re-rolls.
Apothecary/igor gives you exactly that.
A bribe let's you roll a 1d6 when a player is sent off (either due to fouling or a hidden weapon), on a 2+ the player is not sent off.

I hope that helps. :-)
Post edited August 20, 2014 by Piranjade
A Wizard guide to wizardly in Bloodbowl!

Always fireball with 4 players or more in a 3 by 3 square. Preferably, a cage. To do so, force opponents to use a cage by having one guy with high MA behind the ballcatcher, and the rest of your guys in front.

Never thunderbolt. It's not worth it. Just give him the touchdown. The injury rate of a thunderbolt is the same as always, roll for armor. So he will probably just get up next turn and TD after picking the ball up.

That's all you need to know :D
Post edited August 20, 2014 by cheongzewei
cheongzewei: A Wizard guide to wizardly in Bloodbowl!

Always fireball with 4 players or more in a 3 by 3 square. Preferably, a cage. To do so, force opponents to use a cage by having one guy with high MA behind the ballcatcher, and the rest of your guys in front.

Never thunderbolt. It's not worth it. Just give him the touchdown. The injury rate of a thunderbolt is the same as always, roll for armor. So he will probably just get up next turn and TD after picking the ball up.

That's all you need to know :D
I heartily disagree, It really depends on what team you are playing against. Disrupting an opponents play can sometimes be much better than get a couple of injuries on his cannonfodder.
JudasIscariot: I notice a distinct lack of Elves to smack around. Yes, I see there are a couple of Elven teams but not enough :P

You shall sate your bloodlust on our mighty boots! Ive heard barbecued minotaur with onions is quite tasty :)

-----

Oh, if someone hasnt already put the numbers for participating in Halfling Mayhem -event, then please by all means do so asap. Ill be extracting the numbers to sheet soon enough.

Also, just to make sure - the halfling caused death/CAS -include- anything possibly caused by fouling.

Post edited August 20, 2014 by iippo
Halfling goals for season 6:

1. Cause more death/CAS that what was the highest guess in the HM event.
2. Suffer less death/CAS than what was the lowest guess in the HM event.
3. Better W-L-D ratio than NAF's 24,3% / 21.2% / 54.4% (greedy)
4. Maim a basher team (...)
Match scheduled for tomorrow at noon pst (9 pm Italy time)
Piranjade: Piran's Beginner's Guide to Inducements

This season many of us will have a huge amount of inducements, so I thought I should try to explain how inducements work.

Step 2: Using gold from the petty cash to buy inducements
This doesn't work as well as one would think.
Imagine that due to TV difference you would get 40,000 gold for inducements. That's bad because the cheapest inducement costs 50,000 gold.
Now you cannot just add 10,000 gold from your petty cash to spend 50,000 gold on inducements. Nope, you have to cash out the whole 50,000 gold if you want to have that much for inducements.
Thanks for the guide. I totally forgot about Igor for my Necros and never thought about a leader merc. Can you give a merc any skill or just one from their normal roll level up pool?

Also on Step 2 its important to note that you lose the 10,000 gold and get 30,000 in inducements to get back to 40,000.
cnquist: Thanks for the guide. I totally forgot about Igor for my Necros and never thought about a leader merc. Can you give a merc any skill or just one from their normal roll level up pool?
Any skill that this type of player would be allowed to choose on a normal level-up.
Here is a guide that lists some examples:
http://www.plasmoids.dk/Inducements.pdf
(All Star Players are listed in there not just the ones available in the computer game.)
JudasIscariot: I notice a distinct lack of Elves to smack around. Yes, I see there are a couple of Elven teams but not enough :P

With enough claws everyone is a nice juicy elf in disguise.

cnquist: With enough claws everyone is a nice juicy elf in disguise.
Sadly, the Chaos team is not blessed with Claws right off the bat but I am working on getting them some Claws :D
Afnord and I have scheduled our game to be at 10 AM PST / 19:00 CEST tomorrow.

Are you ready for some Razzle Dazzle?

Edit: I forgot to enter my numbers for the halfling challenge!

1) 1
2) 4
3) 7
4) 30
Post edited August 20, 2014 by rcthedigitalhero
Me and Vitek will play on Saturday 17:00 (-3 GMT)
Dodogeo and I will play tomorrow at 11am PDT or 8PM CEST.
If we're not too late...

1. Death by halfling (in anyway) 1

2. Death of halfling (in anyway) 6

3. CAS by halfling (in anyway) 5

4. CAS of halfling (..in anyway) 42