It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chaos against more Chaos - the match between E_A and Judas is on right now!
Please don't play any matches!
We need to arrange things properly for the play-offs.

DodoGeo, who is in 4th place for division one, cannot play in the play-offs due to real life. And as the result for one of Jolly's matches was not set correctly we need to calculate place 4 by hand.
I got all the data I needed, the admins can set up the play-offs now. :)
Post edited July 29, 2014 by Psyringe
THE PLAY-OFFS ARE HERE!

The quarterfinals have been calculated, the games can commence!

Get hold of your opponent, arrange a match date and let us know here in the thread!

May Nuffle bless us all!

Quarterfinals:
Division 2 vs. Division 1

Piranjade - "High & Mighty" (High Elves) vs. Michal - "Sewer Swappers" (Skaven)
Arnob - "Wheel of Terror" (Dark Elves) vs. MafiaK1 - "Systematic Chaos" (Chaos)
Rodzaju - "Religiously Unlucky" (Chaos Dwarves) vs. Ebenezer Arvigenius - "Putorana Pow" (Chaos)
iipp0 - "Blandland Blanks" (Humans) vs. Jo11y - "Jollys Liedeeler next gen" (Orcs)

Other stuff
Psyringe will manage the prize pool for this season as well (Thank you!).
Please contact him to add/remove games.

Next season will be an "Open Season". That means that each division will be a mix of new teams and returning teams.
We'll start taking applications for the next season soon-ish. Places will be limited to 20 (max. 24) again.
Comments and ideas about the format of the different seasons (see second post in this thread) are very welcome!
Post edited July 30, 2014 by Piranjade
Piranjade: Chaos against more Chaos - the match between E_A and Judas is on right now!
Got lucky and punched out his Mino on the first block and added two cas early on. Judas fought back valiantly but in the end the numbers showed. 2-0 for me when the whistle blew.

Very fun and pleasant game but not really much to say. I took risks and were lucky.

Replay here.
Post edited July 30, 2014 by E_A
Arnob - "Wheel of Terror" (Dark Elves) vs. MafiaK1 - "Systematic Chaos" (Chaos)

should be played on sunday around 20' CEST
Well peeps. I can't sleep,dwarves are not as easy to play as I thought, the demons want to get out of retirement next season and I still suck at Blood Bowl. So how are you guys doing?
MafiaK1: Arnob - "Wheel of Terror" (Dark Elves) vs. MafiaK1 - "Systematic Chaos" (Chaos)

should be played on sunday around 20' CEST
Really looking forward to this game :), probably because i missed out on the playoffs for 2 seasons now :P.

Will i manage to win or lose horrible, will i have a team at the end. Will i be able to pull an EA :P. Will i get lucky again or will it finally abandon me after being in my favor for quite some matches :). Ah well so many questions and i guess i will find out on sunday. Mafia's team looks quite scary with all the levelups, but EA showed me you dont need a lot of players to still be a threat with elves so i wont give up until my side of the field has no players left :). The big difference in TV will give me the opportunity to at least mitigate the huge casualties im gonna get with extra apo's and perhaps some other fun stuff to make the game more interesting.

Sorry for the ramblings, just getting a little excited :).
l0rdtr3k: Well peeps. I can't sleep,dwarves are not as easy to play as I thought, the demons want to get out of retirement next season and I still suck at Blood Bowl. So how are you guys doing?
I still 'suck' at blood bowl too. But I noticed that I improved a lot since the first season I played. I think it's great that we have players of all skill. Experienced players were we can learn a lot from. And beginners so we still have a chance to win now and then. I just wonder if it isn't boring for some players to play against us.
Btw, quick update: I have very little time at the moment, but of course we'll again have a prize pool at the end of the season. If you want to contribute, please feel free to send me a PM. I will probably post a new list on Sunday.
Well,everybody was a noob. And I really hope some players don't find our matches boring.
TwisterBE: I still 'suck' at blood bowl too. But I noticed that I improved a lot since the first season I played. I think it's great that we have players of all skill. Experienced players were we can learn a lot from. And beginners so we still have a chance to win now and then. I just wonder if it isn't boring for some players to play against us.
TwisterBE: I just wonder if it isn't boring for some players to play against us.
Typically, _if_ an experienced player pulls off a clear win against an inexperienced player (which is not a given ;) ), there's still a lot to do and think about. The moves still need to be planned and structured well. If a game is pretty much won already, then the focus switches to maximizing skill point gain, so there's still a good deal to think about.
Psyringe: Btw, quick update: I have very little time at the moment, but of course we'll again have a prize pool at the end of the season. If you want to contribute, please feel free to send me a PM. I will probably post a new list on Sunday.
I´ve got a Copy of "Tower Wars" Steam to offer
TwisterBE: I just wonder if it isn't boring for some players to play against us.
Psyringe: Typically, _if_ an experienced player pulls off a clear win against an inexperienced player (which is not a given ;) ), there's still a lot to do and think about. The moves still need to be planned and structured well. If a game is pretty much won already, then the focus switches to maximizing skill point gain, so there's still a good deal to think about.
And desperate players tend to do desperate things that you dont expect :). Blocks you dont see coming, risks you dont think they would take. With bloodbowl basically anything you try can work if you get lucky enough, so no player is really save all game, you perhaps cant lose if you are 2 points ahead and only 2/3 turns left. Still lots of things can happen, the opponent can still score, kill a player or two etc. Always good to minimize risks and try to get more out of it.

Personally i like the situations where im behind a bit or threatened in some way, that is when i have to pull out the crazy moves and hope i get lucky :), although its not very reliable :). I hope the more experienced coaches curse me and think they should stop me better next time when i get lucky.
BloodBowl on Android and ipad.

Android version seems to cost 4,49€ - might even try if it works on my ages old samsung galaxy something.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.focushome.bloodbowlandroid

edit: *The base game enables you to play Humans and Orcs: the other races are available from the in-game store.

I really-really-REALLY hope BB2 isnt going to take this route.

(also, very bad design choice in MP enviroment...no idea if you can MP on tablet though)
Post edited July 31, 2014 by iippo