It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I am still debating a Nurgle team. Just tried out a few games in Matchmaking with them and it's like I had nothing but paper dolls, so many injuries :D

I might start an all new Chaos team if we are doing the reset :D
You're certainly gravitating towards teams that are slow starters. ;)

Chaos and Nurgle often rule their leagues when the teams have high team values (2000+), but as rookie teams they aren't that competitive. They can't do much with the ball, but they also lack the skills for effective clobbering. Which also means that they won't earn a lot of skill points in the beginning. They are a bit like 20 ton trucks with their first two gears removed: Really hard to get going, but also really hard to stop once they do.
JudasIscariot: I am still debating a Nurgle team. Just tried out a few games in Matchmaking with them and it's like I had nothing but paper dolls, so many injuries :D

I might start an all new Chaos team if we are doing the reset :D
Psyringe: You're certainly gravitating towards teams that are slow starters. ;)

Chaos and Nurgle often rule their leagues when the teams have high team values (2000+), but as rookie teams they aren't that competitive. They can't do much with the ball, but they also lack the skills for effective clobbering. Which also means that they won't earn a lot of skill points in the beginning. They are a bit like 20 ton trucks with their first two gears removed: Really hard to get going, but also really hard to stop once they do.
Well, I figure the only I'll properly learn BB is through the school of hard knocks. Sort of like if I used the Violent setting during team training :D I figure if I can build an effective Chaos team or maybe Nurgle then I can build any team :)

Still, I know my one weakness is positioning especially when I have to place my guys first and I have no idea what the other player will do.
Vitek won 4-0.

I didn't have my head or heart in the game today, and the dice punished me all day for it.

Good game to Vitek.

Replay here.
http://wikisend.com/download/589306/Weekly_S3_D2_R12_Zeta-Vitek.db
Psyringe: You're certainly gravitating towards teams that are slow starters. ;)

JudasIscariot: Well, I figure the only I'll properly learn BB is through the school of hard knocks. Sort of like if I used the Violent setting during team training :D I figure if I can build an effective Chaos team or maybe Nurgle then I can build any team :)

Still, I know my one weakness is positioning especially when I have to place my guys first and I have no idea what the other player will do.
2 main schools of thought:

1) Make sure that there are no gaps for the other guy to run through without having to either knock you down or dodge.
Basically, cover the width of the pitch with TZs.
Mainly used against fast week teams.

2) Defend in depth.
This will leave gaps, usually along the sidelines.
You have guys further back to catch those that run for it, potentially surfing them if they do stick to the sidelines.
Mainly used against stronger teams as it gives more chances to delay the cage.
Ah, if only I haven't started the season so badly or converted one of my series of ties into win (maybe that one when we didn't play at all:-)) I could stil have shot at playoffs. This way I can only try to part with season as best as I can.

Zeta was outmuscled in this match and his rolls didn't help at all.
Only in turns 14 and 15 he had good block rolls but it was not of much help anymore and his pass haven't followed with blocks.
Even with my superior power we ended up with the same amount of injuries. 2 vs 2. My were BH and his both MNG. But in addition to this I knocked out about 5 or 6 more players and he only 1 for whole match.

I scored 2 in each half and 2 of them were by my Agi 2 Saurus who got Sure hands before this match. He is certainly shaping into beast.
Post edited January 27, 2014 by Vitek
Finally, hopefully, ready to crack skulls and CAS without system crashes
oohj, shiny
Vohaul contacted me on Steam today, and we were able to play our match right away. :)

Natural Disaster managed to score a 6-0 victory against the Highland Haunters. Replay is here.

The match consisted mainly of skeletons trying to pass (and failing), both teams trying to get the free ball, and wood elves finally stealing it and running it to the end zone. Vohaul was a good sport and took the defeat in style.

Statistically, we were both slightly unlucky with skill rolls. Armor and injury rolls were, as usual, not working at all for me (-15), whereas Vohaul had pretty good ones (+22). He rolled the most ineffective block dice I have seen in a long time, though (only 35% success).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA
The Orcs Derby between me and Chaos Panda will start in but a few moments!
Mo'ar Dakka wins 1:0 against Deep Red and Bloody. But it was a Phyrric victory at best, since my block dodge lineman is locked for the next game and I lost my level 4 Thrower due to the weirdest dodge throws I have seen. I tried to dodge 3 times in this game and each time it failed wiht a double 2 roll where I needed a 3. The last one took out my thrower after I used my apothecary to preserver one of my blitzers for the upcomming match against EA. My chances at winning that seem more and more slim now.

I didn't play a very solid match...I didn't really deserve to win that one on the last possible turn. I waste the first half and then just got mediocre rolls during the bash game. He could have scored easyily in the first half had he picked up the ball with a goblin and not one of his Black Orc...

I bemourn the death of the legend Hulk Hogan. You were the backbone of my team.

Replay http://wikisend.com/download/720900/Season_3_D2_R12_WereCrow_ChaosPanda.db
Post edited January 28, 2014 by WereCrow
The last match day of the 3rd season, Match Day 13 (how fitting), has started!
If Aningan has left the league, Could one of the admins set the win in my side?
Arno and I are playing this Sunday, 10:00am Pacific, 19:00 CET (I think that is the Euro timezone) for the season finale.

Watch as the Seagulls take to the field one last time!
iippo, let me know when you're ready for our match :)