It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vamps vs Judas's beastie boys about to commence!
Vamps - Judas Chaos ...still undecided

Bloody hell what match. I cause like 5 CAS, Judas ko'd and CAS'ed my players -> really a blood fest.

I manage to take lead of 2-0, almost getting 3-0 on the last turn (thrall failed to pick up the ball with reroll) -> then Judas internet got hicup for the nTH time during the match and the match result disappeared from the existence :(

This on turn 16, last action pretty much.

Well, we'll try and see how it goes later on again :D
iippo: Vamps - Judas Chaos ...still undecided

Bloody hell what match. I cause like 5 CAS, Judas ko'd and CAS'ed my players -> really a blood fest.

I manage to take lead of 2-0, almost getting 3-0 on the last turn (thrall failed to pick up the ball with reroll) -> then Judas internet got hicup for the nTH time during the match and the match result disappeared from the existence :(

honestly, if it's turn 14, i consider the game done and played, much less 16... with dcs.
iippo: Vamps - Judas Chaos ...still undecided

cheongzewei: honestly, if it's turn 14, i consider the game done and played, much less 16... with dcs.
Well if I happen to have time and good opponent, why not ;)
nevertheless a really entertaning match .. i happened to watch it and i really had fun :) tell me if you rematch, ill be there ;)

btw: Next Match my Orcs Vs. Ghiros Ogres today at 20:00 Gmt+1
Post edited January 30, 2014 by jol1yroger
cheongzewei: honestly, if it's turn 14, i consider the game done and played, much less 16... with dcs.
iippo: Well if I happen to have time and good opponent, why not ;)
We can play sometime Friday after working hours :)

edit: and I'll bring an improved attitude this time :P
Post edited January 30, 2014 by JudasIscariot
Which version are you playing?
Green Hilltop: Which version are you playing?
"Cyanide version"

That mean you have to own either Chaos or Legendary edition of BloodBowl. They are compatible.

We are moving next week to playoffs -> semis -> finals = will soon start new season and put up the recruiting flag. :)
Post edited January 30, 2014 by iippo
Green Hilltop: Which version are you playing?
iippo: "Cyanide version"

That mean you have to own either Chaos or Legendary edition of BloodBowl. They are compatible.

We are moving next week to playoffs -> semis -> finals = will soon start new season and put up the recruiting flag. :)
Thanks!

I'm thinking of buying the Chaos version, does the Legendary version have a different storyline or both don't really have much of a plot? Which one has more commentary and videos, is the Chaos edition as that's the newer one? Also can you play multiplayer only in the turn mode or in the real time mode too, and do you actually get to see the players fight each other and so on in the game or did most LPers on Youtube just disable them?

I was looking forward to seeing the game play out like in the trailers and practically all you see is just the figures moving on the board, not much animated sequences of the two sides fighting and running around after each move/turn to show what's happening.

Green Hilltop: Thanks!

I'm thinking of buying the Chaos version, does the Legendary version have a different storyline or both don't really have much of a plot? Which one has more commentary and videos, is the Chaos edition as that's the newer one? Also can you play multiplayer only in the turn mode or in the real time mode too, and do you actually get to see the players fight each other and so on in the game or did most LPers on Youtube just disable them?

I was looking forward to seeing the game play out like in the trailers and practically all you see is just the figures moving on the board, not much animated sequences of the two sides fighting and running around after each move/turn to show what's happening.
The Chaos version adds 3 more playable teams. I never played mutli in Blitz mode, just good old turn-based, loaded dice mode :P

BloodBowl is pretty much multiplayer game. There is single player story mode..but its not much to talk about. There is also "career mode" where you can take new team through cups vs computer.

But BB is old fashioned especially brutal dice game - its just not fun against computer. It is meant to be played against human opponent, preferably with beer ;)

More than a few of our league players have expressed "some" frustration after unlucky matches / lost players (perma death & injuries!) - but personally i feel that just makes the game so much more rewarding when stuff works :)
Orcs Vs. Ogres ended 1:1 .. Sadly just one Teammate-Throwing-Touchdown occured .. and it wasnt for lack of trying... :D

Really Funny game, where not much ran as intended .. for me it was a cool Ending for a Great Season .. looking forward to the Playoffs (watching from the stands)

Heres the Replay : (i hope i got the format right this time *duck*)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oh52nq3uzt4bm5/Weekly_S3_D13_Jolly_vs_Ghiro.db
Post edited January 30, 2014 by jol1yroger

iippo: BloodBowl is pretty much multiplayer game. There is single player story mode..but its not much to talk about. There is also "career mode" where you can take new team through cups vs computer.

But BB is old fashioned especially brutal dice game - its just not fun against computer. It is meant to be played against human opponent, preferably with beer ;)

More than a few of our league players have expressed "some" frustration after unlucky matches / lost players (perma death & injuries!) - but personally i feel that just makes the game so much more rewarding when stuff works :)
Thanks! Pity there isn't a demo, otherwise I'm not sure I would enjoy the game - a real board game definitely, but in front of a computer it's not exactly the same (especially since you can't touch the figures and move them around or instead see the fighting cutscenes and so on).
iippo: BloodBowl is pretty much multiplayer game. There is single player story mode..but its not much to talk about. There is also "career mode" where you can take new team through cups vs computer.

Green Hilltop: Thanks! Pity there isn't a demo, otherwise I'm not sure I would enjoy the game - a real board game definitely, but in front of a computer it's not exactly the same (especially since you can't touch the figures and move them around or instead see the fighting cutscenes and so on).
"some idea"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHSq3BR35JE

TB has bunch of other videos as well. not "expert" BB, but should give some idea.

------

OT: uhhuh, i changed the side panel of my case from the windowed one other one with small holes for air...and my gpu temp dropped 20C while gaming? :O
Post edited January 30, 2014 by iippo

Green Hilltop: Thanks! Pity there isn't a demo, otherwise I'm not sure I would enjoy the game - a real board game definitely, but in front of a computer it's not exactly the same (especially since you can't touch the figures and move them around or instead see the fighting cutscenes and so on).
As a matter of fact is easier to play it in comp. In the boardgame, it was a pain in the ass trying to remember all the abilities you or your opponent have in any player, and other problems like eternal turns.
In the comp, if you put the cursor over a player you know all about him.