It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is this discussion about me? Cause I wouldn't classify myself as a newbie at this point. :(

I went with Halfling because last season was nerve wracking due to the time differences, and all the things going on in my life. So I wanted a kind of break this season (that or leaving the league for a season). I try to play "normal" until everything breaks down around...round two? And then just throw things against the wall in hilarious desperation.

Next season I'll probably bring back the Blackrock Berserkers or roll some other actual, you know, decent team.
Hawk52: Is this discussion about me? Cause I wouldn't classify myself as a newbie at this point. :(

I went with Halfling because last season was nerve wracking due to the time differences, and all the things going on in my life. So I wanted a kind of break this season (that or leaving the league for a season). I try to play "normal" until everything breaks down around...round two? And then just throw things against the wall in hilarious desperation.

Next season I'll probably bring back the Blackrock Berserkers or roll some other actual, you know, decent team.
It's not really about you, it's about the article Piranjade posted about "the art of losing".
Personally I think there shouldn't be an "art of losing" at all, other than not taking the game too seriously or no whining about your lousy luck that caused you to lose.
You should play the best you can from the start, with the team you like best, and not worry too much about the results.

But I can definitely understand playing stunties for the comedy value. I can't quite understand playing stunties so you don't lose face when you lose games, however.
Hawk52: Is this discussion about me? Cause I wouldn't classify myself as a newbie at this point. :(

i was refering to the guide "Art of Losing".

I kinda get the point of it, but (again) have my own ideas and ideals - sorry if you got the wrong idea.

Btw, i still have the 'Malicious Ankle Nibblers' on the open league totally unplayed, when you see me online some time ask if i have time to finally take them on the pitch :)
Post edited July 09, 2013 by iippo
Dreammouse, can you please contact me to arrange our match ?

Thanks !
Match between Natural D and Not Fluffy will start in 20 minutes, if someone wants to watch.
We started the match, but got struck by the 12 player bug (it still exists ...). We're trying to restart the match, but I currently get the message that Michal is offline?

Edit: Ah, he's back on now :)
Post edited July 09, 2013 by Psyringe
Match was reset. :-)
Good luck to everyone.
Kanarek earned a well-deserved 3-1 victory in an ... odd ... match.

I had a pretty good turn 14 - apart from that (and a lot of successful dodging), pretty much nothing worked. In turn one, my Shift key didn't work and I missed my chance to blitz. In turn 2, I accidentally clicked on "Attacker down" in a block. In turn 3 (I think), the star player that was supposed to bring me a special tactical advantage (Eldril Sidewinder) was knocked out of the match. My second star player (Jordell Freshbreeze) had some spectacular moments, but couldn't really make a difference. That didn't stop him from being selected as MVP though. Considering that I specifically chose two star players (instead of several linemen) because I _didn't_ want these MVP points to go to a merc, that was ... hrmph.

In the second half, my wood elves tried to impersonate Khemri and failed to pick up the ball several times in a row. Unfortunately they didn't emulate the Khemri blocking skills as well, and so I was quickly down 0-2. I managed to score a touchdown with a nice long pass though, so I'm happy. Next time I'll hopefully be more of a challenge. ;)
Wheredemons will be playing against The Talking Dead on Thursday at 16:00 GMT -3
Anyone who trusted goblin bookmakers, that elves will manage a drawn or even unexpected victory, just wasted his/her money. Natural Disaster was hammered by Not Fluffy Birds. Three wounded elves, including the star player and uncountable KOs, secured the 3-1 victory for humans.

Replay: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxbakMxzh2PoU1lXQU5NQUkxYm8/edit?usp=sharing
Due to extenuating circumstances, the game between Moggrym and Dreammouse will not be played due to real life.

Their game has been set. Week 3 is now open!

And, to get the early jump on things, Twisted Elves and The Armored Seagulls will hit the pitch in 20 minutes!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YAY! Match Day 3 has started!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pogopuschel and her Nurgle team "Nurgle Lymphocytes" will face my Underworld team "Misfits" tomorrow at 8 p.m. (GMT +1 plus an additional hour for summer time).
Also my wonderful Bitzrat Plagritt Poxx (29 SPP) has left the team after suffering a serious concussion. He will be sorely missed. A new Blitzrat named Quiee has been hired which is called Plagritt Poxx the 2nd due to my most of my team not being able to memorize a new name.
Gobblin bookmaker says:: "Division 2, round 3 will be exciting. Dont waste your time and bet. Here are our guarnteed tips for you*!"

Wheredemons(Necro 0) vs Talking Dead(Necro 2)
Necromantic trophy, the Master of the Drawn, is running. Talking Dead had a great start, but will win this match. Talking will vin 2-1.

Twisted Elves(WoodE 0) vs The Armored Seagulls(Human 3)
While human teams are considered very dangerous in GOG Weekly league, twisted treeman and speed of elven catchers will bring 3-1 victory to elf coach.

Anti-Anemia Alliance(Vampire 6) vs We are not fluffy birds(Human 4)
Season one runner-up will meet the ever thirsty transilvanians. With huge inducement list against the Birds, this match will decided by luck. 1-1 tie.

Red Lantern(Dwarfs 0) vs Natural Disaster(WoodE 3)
None of teams start the season well. Slight edge that Naturalist had after the first match is negated with injuries and no MVP. Dwarves will win by one TD and few brokne necks. 2-1

Misfits(Underworld 6) vs Nurgle Lymphocytes(Nurlge 3)
The most anticipated match of this round. We will see ton of action, huge fists, claws, bites, tunneling rats and maybe some magic. White blood things will destroy the Misfits. 2-0

Big & heavy fists(Ogre 6) vs Hamburg Hammerfists(Dwarf 4)
BHF has an excelent start to the season. Their spokeman the Stickyfeet briefly described the tactics for the upcoming match, "we will run away". Sorry dwarves, you are slow. OGres by 2 TD. 2-0

Nagarythe Decadence(DarkE 0) vs Screams of Frogs(Liz 3)
The serie of bad luck is hunting this dark elf team, but Frogs are not in the good shape either. Will the dark elfish masterplan work this time? Drawn, 2-2 is expected by gobbos.

*no money will be given back for unaccurancy of prediction. You are clever enough to trust a goblin, arent you?
Post edited July 09, 2013 by kanarek
3-0 victory for the Armored Seagulls moves these bad birds up another notch.

We also now have a Blitzer of AG4 and an Ogre has joined our team. Say hello to Gary Flamingo.

Here's the replay:
http://wikisend.com/download/261366/Weekly_S2_D2_R3_Zeta-TwisterBE.db
kanarek: Twisted Elves(WoodE 0) vs The Armored Seagulls(Human 3)
While human teams are considered very dangerous in GOG Weekly league, twisted treeman and speed of elven catchers will bring 3-1 victory to elf coach.
So are gobbos supposed to be eaten troll style raw or is it ok to barbecue them?