It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: The base game is upgraded to Legendary Edition when you do that.
Did that myself yesterday. Couldnt figure out how to get the DLC installed. Turned out I needed to exit steam, restart and verify the files.
It then downloaded them (about 1.7GB).

Make sure your friend also installs te unnoficial community patches - worth doing. :)
Grargar: OK. Suppose I were to send my friend a Steam gift of the game. Once he received it, he would then exit Steam, restart it, verify the files and he should be good to go?
YUP!

Though Like i said - its worth adding those community patches (they're stickied on the community hub for Skyrim).

Edit: oh, page #1000

Also, he'll have to check the expansions under "Data Files" on the launcher. The same sticky about the community patches will tell him the best order.
Post edited September 13, 2014 by Sachys
Sachys: YUP!

Though Like i said - its worth adding those community patches (they're stickied on the community hub for Skyrim).

Also, he'll have to check the expansions under "Data Files" on the launcher. The same sticky about the community patches will tell him the best order.
Since you insist about the unofficial patch, will its installation break the saves?
Sachys: YUP!

Grargar: Since you insist about the unofficial patch, will its installation break the saves?
Not unless he's used some game altering mods. I think theres a sticky about that too.

For me (playing vanilla) my saves were fine as the patches are just bugfixes - rather than upgrading a game version. Those stickies on the community hub though should adress any concerns he may have / further details he needs.

Oh, and one more thing - after hes got the dlc downloaded an runs the launcher, he'll likely have to fiddle with his graphics settings again as it will auto detect on launch.
Sachys: Not unless he's used some game altering mods. I think theres a sticky about that too.

For me (playing vanilla) my saves were fine as the patches are just bugfixes - rather than upgrading a game version. Those stickies on the community hub though should adress any concerns he may have / further details he needs.

Oh, and one more thing - after hes got the dlc downloaded an runs the launcher, he'll likely have to fiddle with his graphics settings again as it will auto detect on launch.
My friend is pretty clueless about all those things, so no, he hasn't used any kinds of mods and he hasn't even bothered with the settings; he is satisfied with both the performance and the visual quality of the auto-detect.
Grargar: My friend is pretty clueless about all those things, so no, he hasn't used any kinds of mods and he hasn't even bothered with the settings; he is satisfied with both the performance and the visual quality of the auto-detect.
Good gubbins!
Well, they wont find those unnoficial patches a headache - only a couple of megs and clearly explained in the sticky.

They'll also find a great deal of relief when they can stop facebashing against those game breaking glitches.
Sachys: Good gubbins!
Well, they wont find those unnoficial patches a headache - only a couple of megs and clearly explained in the sticky.

They'll also find a great deal of relief when they can stop facebashing against those game breaking glitches.
Tell me about it; I had to troubleshoot Skyrim for him because Esbern bugged the hell out of him. We call him the "Mute Lord of Bugs", because every kind of bug my friend encountered revolved around him.
Sachys: Good gubbins!

Grargar: Tell me about it; I had to troubleshoot Skyrim for him because Esbern bugged the hell out of him. We call him the "Mute Lord of Bugs", because every kind of bug my friend encountered revolved around him.
Heheheh!
Lego games are now at BundleStars 75% off, in case you did not got them from the HB Store. Steam, of course.
Sachys: The base game is upgraded to Legendary Edition when you do that.
Did that myself yesterday. Couldnt figure out how to get the DLC installed. Turned out I needed to exit steam, restart and verify the files.
It then downloaded them (about 1.7GB).

Make sure your friend also installs te unnoficial community patches - worth doing. :)
Grargar: OK. Suppose I were to send my friend a Steam gift of the game. Once he received it, he would then exit Steam, restart it, verify the files and he should be good to go?
Shouldn't even have to do that normally, it should start downloading some time soon after activating. But the above can trigger it if it's taking too long.
Post edited September 13, 2014 by Pheace
What's Humble Bundle like for updating games with new patches? I see that Paper Sorcerer is on sale but having read the forums here the latest patch introduced one or two bugs that need sorting out. If the dev updates the game does anyone know if Humble is likely to get the updated patch? Thanks.
Pajama: What's Humble Bundle like for updating games with new patches? I see that Paper Sorcerer is on sale but having read the forums here the latest patch introduced one or two bugs that need sorting out. If the dev updates the game does anyone know if Humble is likely to get the updated patch? Thanks.
Humble does update their games (sporadically though) and Paper Sorcerer is actually likely to get the patch in the future, but for the time being, its still the previous version (2.3).
Pajama: What's Humble Bundle like for updating games with new patches? I see that Paper Sorcerer is on sale but having read the forums here the latest patch introduced one or two bugs that need sorting out. If the dev updates the game does anyone know if Humble is likely to get the updated patch? Thanks.
Grargar: Humble does update their games (sporadically though) and Paper Sorcerer is actually likely to get the patch in the future, but for the time being, its still the previous version (2.3).
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try at that price although I agree about sporadic as GOG has had the later version since the beginning of July.
Tarnicus: Resident Evil 6 Wallpaper
Perfect for the nursery!
Grargar: Humble does update their games (sporadically though) and Paper Sorcerer is actually likely to get the patch in the future, but for the time being, its still the previous version (2.3).
In my estimation, Humble is nearly as good as Steam at getting updates. On the downside, Humble has no way to message you about game updates, and they are usually in the form of a full redownload. To find the latest, go into the Humble Library and Ctrl-F for the (new!) stuff. Alternatively, log in once a month and search for anything bearing the previous month.
pen_sq: In my estimation, Humble is nearly as good as Steam at getting updates. On the downside, Humble has no way to message you about game updates, and they are usually in the form of a full redownload. To find the latest, go into the Humble Library and Ctrl-F for the (new!) stuff. Alternatively, log in once a month and search for anything bearing the previous month.
Well, Paper Sorcerer has received a new update on GOG and Steam in July, but the latest build on Humble is from May.