It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jcosmocohen: Thanks!

Thanks! Yeah, definitely a gamble. Seems like they're testing the waters and seeing if people bite.
Sachys: they will. i did (out of curiosity), and there will be a massive backlash if its total shit in the bundle I bet.
Me too! Hopefully there are at least a couple game in there that I'll want to play. '~'
Oh dear, the pre-order pest is spreading to indie bundles territory now? ಠ_ಠ
HypersomniacLive: Oh dear, the pre-order pest is spreading to indie bundles territory now? ಠ_ಠ
Now? I'll remind you of Indie Royale.
JMich: Now? I'll remind you of Indie Royale.
Don't follow the bundle scene much, and Indie Royale fell completely off my radar after the first few bundles. Does Indie Royale do pre-orders? Possibly one of the reasons I lost interest in them. ;-P
Meanwhile, in GreenmanGaming:

Up to 75% discount on Total War. For Steam.

Games for Mac up to 75% (but it's Steam also, so it doesn't matter)
- Civilization V and DLC
- Bioshock Infinite and DLC
- EA: SimCity 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and some Jedi games
reaver894: Its a German site IIRC, perhaps someone from there can inform more, I have heard of them as a distributor that has gotten in trouble in the past by selling uncensored games in restricted area's. More than that however I cannot say.
Sachys: cheers reaver!

* * * * * UH... * * * * *

Groupees now doing a pre-order for the greenlight 10 bundle - all 8 games $1.50

not sure what to think as theres no listing of the games, so will bite and take one for the team on this. O____o

...expecting repeatocrap!
I wish groupees repeated bundles, i would buy the very first build a greenlight bundle... Underrail and Recruits... Oh well...
expopower: Me too! Hopefully there are at least a couple game in there that I'll want to play. '~'
Based on the artwork, I'd say that one of the games is going to be Star Traders: 4X Empires from the Trese Brothers

I have three of their games on Android. The good thing is that they constantly update their games. (At least once a month it installs updates on my phone with new content., 2 years after I bought the first game) The bad thing is that (in my mind) their games reside somewhere between tablet/phone games and PC games--too involved to play in 5-10 minute chunks a couple times a month, but maybe not the depth for "I'm sitting in front of the computer to game".

The original Star Traders is a tablet/phone turn-based Elite. Great considering the platform, but isn't going to make anyone forget the X-series or other PC games of the genre.

I ran across "4X Empires" while pledging to their Star Traders 2 Kickstarter. It looks like Galactic Civilizations (I'm not going to curse it with too-high expectations by invoking "MoO") for the tablet.

I paid the $1.50 just to see if it can be a "real" game. (If not, then I'll downgrade my ST2 pledge from the tier where you get the game on two platforms and I'll have saved 10 times that much.)
jcosmocohen: Saw this too. I can't decide if it'll be worth it. I wonder what the price will be once you find out which games are included.
Sachys: $0.50c per game, two game minimum is usual i think, so for 8 games... might be worth it. only usually see one or two worth getting though, so im expecting a lot of utter crap in my account - possibly a wasted $1.50
Most greenlight bundles are .25 cents each, non-greenlight build a bundles usually .50 cents each.
So I see it as saving .50 cents on a gamble :P.
HypersomniacLive: Does Indie Royale do pre-orders?
They did (see quoted part). Their idea was "Pre-order for a fixed price to get the BTA bundle, or wait and see if you'll pay a lower regular price or a higher BTA one". They stopped doing so after some bundles, 10 or so from what I recall.
But the linked post is almost 3 years old, so it's not Groupees that introduced pre-orders to indie bundles ;)
Sachys: $0.50c per game, two game minimum is usual i think, so for 8 games... might be worth it. only usually see one or two worth getting though, so im expecting a lot of utter crap in my account - possibly a wasted $1.50
gbaz69: Most greenlight bundles are .25 cents each, non-greenlight build a bundles usually .50 cents each.
So I see it as saving .50 cents on a gamble :P.
I have to say from _all_ the bundles sellers out there, Groupees had a way better ratio to not be the least disappointing but most interesting for me.
Not trying to pursade anyone to this gamble, just saying I would trust Groupes more than the others, YMMV! :)
Having that said, I also really hope this does become even more common.
Post edited September 10, 2014 by dyscode
JMich: They did (see quoted part). Their idea was "Pre-order for a fixed price to get the BTA bundle, or wait and see if you'll pay a lower regular price or a higher BTA one". They stopped doing so after some bundles, 10 or so from what I recall.
But the linked post is almost 3 years old, so it's not Groupees that introduced pre-orders to indie bundles ;)
Now that I think about it, it's not pre-ordering, it's gambling given that one doesn't even know what games are in the bundle - someone in the Groupees chat said it's like getting a scratch ticket, and I think the analogy is pretty fitting.
Sachys: Anybody ever heard of / used Gamesrocket before? - only seen their site today but they appear to have DRM-FREE stuff as well as rollling discounts.

http://www.gamesrocket.com/PC-Mac/DRM-free/
reaver894: Its a German site IIRC, perhaps someone from there can inform more, I have heard of them as a distributor that has gotten in trouble in the past by selling uncensored games in restricted area's. More than that however I cannot say.
I haven't used it so far, but Gamesrocket is the site Daedalic chose as the one from which buyers of the "Blackguards"-retail version (like me) have to buy the add-on. I find that annoying because the DLC is much more expensive there than when it's in a sale at GOG or Steam (that's why I haven't bought it yet), but I guess Daedalic wouldn't have chosen Gamesrocket if there would be any doubts about their seriosity ...
FireFlower has a Wednesday Sale of quite a few nice games, 50 to 75% off
Just curious, what was in GOG's Birthday Promo: Year 1? Unless that was the one with Simon the Sorcerer, in thet case I missed Year 2.
Green_Hilltop: Just curious, what was in GOG's Birthday Promo: Year 1? Unless that was the one with Simon the Sorcerer, in thet case I missed Year 2.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_6th_birthday_giveaway_sale_tracker