It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You can get Ironclad Tactics Complete (sold separately) for $12.50 right now at Bundle Stars
hummer010: I've never played any of the XCOM titles until EU - I bought it when it was on sale a little while ago to support the Linux port.
They're great old classics. I'm 70 hours into XCOM UFO Defense currently and hoping to finish the game this decade as I never did in the 90s. :) Terror From the Deep is basically the same game engine slightly enhanced and underwater, new aliens and some other new stuff but overall a very similar game. After that they started changing and trying new things that looked interesting but I never really got a chance to play the next 3 titles in the series. I tried out EU briefly when I got the pack just to try it out and see what new stuff it had as I had heard it was really good and it does appear to be pretty damn cool in the short time I spent with it so far.
hummer010: I've never played any of the XCOM titles until EU - I bought it when it was on sale a little while ago to support the Linux port.
skeletonbow: They're great old classics. I'm 70 hours into XCOM UFO Defense currently and hoping to finish the game this decade as I never did in the 90s. :) Terror From the Deep is basically the same game engine slightly enhanced and underwater, new aliens and some other new stuff but overall a very similar game. After that they started changing and trying new things that looked interesting but I never really got a chance to play the next 3 titles in the series. I tried out EU briefly when I got the pack just to try it out and see what new stuff it had as I had heard it was really good and it does appear to be pretty damn cool in the short time I spent with it so far.
Interesting.

I've got:

X-COM: Acopalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror from the Deep
X-COM: UFO Defense

in my steam library from some bundle or another. I've never even installed any of them. I guess I'll have to add them to my backlog.
skeletonbow: They're great old classics. I'm 70 hours into XCOM UFO Defense currently and hoping to finish the game this decade as I never did in the 90s. :) Terror From the Deep is basically the same game engine slightly enhanced and underwater, new aliens and some other new stuff but overall a very similar game. After that they started changing and trying new things that looked interesting but I never really got a chance to play the next 3 titles in the series. I tried out EU briefly when I got the pack just to try it out and see what new stuff it had as I had heard it was really good and it does appear to be pretty damn cool in the short time I spent with it so far.
hummer010: Interesting.

I've got:

X-COM: Acopalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror from the Deep
X-COM: UFO Defense

in my steam library from some bundle or another. I've never even installed any of them. I guess I'll have to add them to my backlog.
"X-COM: UFO Defense" is great, "X-COM: Terror from the Deep" is just as good, plus the underwater missions make it a little more varied, found it more difficult than the first. "X-COM: Apocalypse" is the best sequel after "Terror from the Deep" though you´ll have some time of "eye shock" from the palette they used :P
The other two I didn´t even touch them since from what I read they´re not just "X-COM" like any more, so I completely skipped them.
skeletonbow: Great site, use it every day pretty much, highly recommended.
Psyringe: I'm seconding the recommendation. I recently started using the site more "seriously" (as in, actually making an account, importing collections and wishlists, creating custom filters, etc.) and I'm amazed by the powerful functionality that is provided.
I've been looking for this http://isthereanydeal.com site for several hours now, I knew I'll find it somewhere on this thread... even though I seem to remember there was some other "price watch" site, mainly revolving indies? maybe I just don't recall correctly.

Anyways, checking some titles on the site yield factual results,
It seems the Blackwell bundle offered two days ago on steam is indeed the lowest ever (beating GOG's 2.99),
And the Broken Sword games had their lowest run on steam about two years ago as I assumed (and I bought one at the time),
but there are some mishaps -
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=planescapetorment]Planescape Torment[/url] shows lowest ever at 3.99, while I clearly bought it for less as shows in my email : Planescape: Torment $9.99 Fall Insomnia Sale - $8.00 order total: $1.99
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=insecticideparti]Insecticide part 1[/url] shows as being the lowest ever at the current 0.29 (on 3 platforms) while I know for sure it was offered at some point for 0.19 as I saved that price.

I suppose more of the sort might happen, and I can't seem to figure a pattern when it's not working. So can I trust it?
considering http://steamsales.rhekua.com/search.php?term=blackwell got it even more wrong and http://steamdb.info/sales/ doesn't care about price history, what other places are there for price allocation?
Post edited June 26, 2014 by BlackThorny
Stooner: Flying Bundle - Flying High 5 Bundle

1$
*Mystery Game*
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (Steam - Desura)
Oknytt (Steam - Desura)
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Steam - Desura)
Subject 9 (Steam - Desura)
1. Someone told me Oknytt was good, so I bought it. I've yet to play it, of course.
2. This is the third bundle I've seen recently that includes Subject 9. Why?
madth3: that includes Subject 9. Why?
No one would buy it otherwise.
madth3: 2. This is the third bundle I've seen recently that includes Subject 9. Why?
Because probably wouldn't sell outside one? ;p

Oknytt was also bundled a few times, but with some time in-between...
theslitherydeee: No one would buy it otherwise.
yup. ;p
Post edited June 26, 2014 by Stooner
Oh, you're mean. :)

It did not looked like a game I would personally like but the videos did not looked that bad.
BlackThorny: I've been looking for this http://isthereanydeal.com site for several hours now, I knew I'll find it somewhere on this thread... even though I seem to remember there was some other "price watch" site, mainly revolving indies? maybe I just don't recall correctly. *snip*
If you use Steam, I'd highly recommend using the Enhanced Steam browser extension which links everything you look up on Steam to Isthereanydeal.com by showing the lowest price on the Steam site(across all major and some minor distributors) as well as links the bundles. I find it much more convenient than using the Isthereanydeal.com site itself :)
madth3: Oh, you're mean. :)

It did not looked like a game I would personally like but the videos did not looked that bad.
That's what I thought.. until I played it.
BlackThorny: I've been looking for this http://isthereanydeal.com site for several hours now, I knew I'll find it somewhere on this thread... even though I seem to remember there was some other "price watch" site, mainly revolving indies? maybe I just don't recall correctly.
These sites come and go. IsThereAnyDeal looks like it's going to stick around for a while though. They are constantly updating their site and put a fair amount of effort into it.

BlackThorny: [url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=planescapetorment]Planescape Torment[/url] shows lowest ever at 3.99, while I clearly bought it for less as shows in my email : Planescape: Torment $9.99 Fall Insomnia Sale - $8.00 order total: $1.99
I wouldn't expect any deals tracker site to list flash sales that are only around for a couple of minutes. These sites get their data either from the store's sales feed (which might not contain such extremely short sales) or by scraping the store page (which they can't do quickly enough to grab such extremely short sales that were offered through a non-standard interface).

BlackThorny: [url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=insecticideparti]Insecticide part 1[/url] shows as being the lowest ever at the current 0.29 (on 3 platforms) while I know for sure it was offered at some point for 0.19 as I saved that price.
That was a misprice on GamersGate in December 2011. It seems that IsThereAnyDeal added their price history feature in June 2012.

BlackThorny: I suppose more of the sort might happen, and I can't seem to figure a pattern when it's not working. So can I trust it?
You can trust it, but as with any other third-party deal site, you should never trust it _blindly_. The site is based on a set of very sophisticated scripts, mistakes may happen.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by Psyringe
madth3: The Ship, a multiplayer murder game is only $1.00 at BundleStars, with two giftable copies.
Almost six more days or when a limited number of keys run out.
Ragnarblackmane: I REALLY wish they'd just drop the price on steam. I already have an account there and don't want to make yet another account somewhere, even if the game is only $1. Thanks for posting this.
Ask and you shall receive! Check you PM
Tarnicus: If you use Steam, I'd highly recommend using the Enhanced Steam browser extension which links everything you look up on Steam to Isthereanydeal.com by showing the lowest price on the Steam site(across all major and some minor distributors) as well as links the bundles. I find it much more convenient than using the Isthereanydeal.com site itself :)
I've heard Enhanced Steam recommended a few times now so I just went ahead and tried it and, wow, it sure does a whole lot more than show price history. It color codes owned/wishlisted games, points out 3rd party DRM, shows percentage of recommended vs not recommended reviews and Metacritic user scores, and even shows how many players have been playing that game today, which I'm sure will be very useful for multiplayer-only or multiplayer-heavy games. And a lot more. Very cool stuff.
BlackThorny: ...
Anyways, checking some titles on the site yield factual results,
It seems the Blackwell bundle offered two days ago on steam is indeed the lowest ever (beating GOG's 2.99),
And the Broken Sword games had their lowest run on steam about two years ago as I assumed (and I bought one at the time),
but there are some mishaps -
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=planescapetorment]Planescape Torment[/url] shows lowest ever at 3.99, while I clearly bought it for less as shows in my email : Planescape: Torment $9.99 Fall Insomnia Sale - $8.00 order total: $1.99
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=insecticideparti]Insecticide part 1[/url] shows as being the lowest ever at the current 0.29 (on 3 platforms) while I know for sure it was offered at some point for 0.19 as I saved that price.

I suppose more of the sort might happen, and I can't seem to figure a pattern when it's not working. So can I trust it?
considering http://steamsales.rhekua.com/search.php?term=blackwell got it even more wrong and http://steamdb.info/sales/ doesn't care about price history, what other places are there for price allocation?
Any website out there that tracks the prices of games on various retailers does so by either connecting to each retailers website through a documented API (or reverse engineered API) to obtain pricing information at that instant in time, or by scraping the web pages (ugly way) at that instant in time. So they will only know the prices that are available on a given store for a given set of titles at the specific instant in time their software takes a snapshot of the site's prices. They are of course not going to continuously barrage a website once per second in order to have up to the second exact pricing on every game though as that would seriously be abusing access to the website and probably get them firewalled off. They more likely poll the site at a much less interval such as once per day, once per hour,, once per half hour or something like that as that is more practical than bombarding a website over and over again constantly 24/7.

If however, the price of a product changes in any way in between two consecutive polls of a website, they wont notice it until the next time they poll, and if that price change vanishes in that time, they will not notice that it ever happened. So for example if a website that is tracking deals checks a game site once every hour, and a game goes on sale for 20 minutes a minute after they scanned the site, that same game will no longer be on sale an hour later when they scan the site again and they wont know it was on sale or what the price was in order to track it.

As a result, any super fast flash sales or insomina-sale type promos that are very short lived in the order of minutes to tens of minutes will most likely not get caught in the net of any deal-tracker websites scraping software and they wont be able to indicate these deals in their historical pricing databases.

There is no way to avoid that however without bombarding a website with web requests frequently enough to catch every sale price no matter how short the sale promo is - which is just infeasible. They could accentuate their auto-scraping by human entered data but that would be a lot of manual labour subject to typos and other human error too.

So the deal tracking websites (for any products, not just games) aren't 100% flawless databases of pricing information, but are rather just "pretty good, and better than any human can do by hand" sources of information. I doubt there is anything more accurate out there though.

HTH