It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Impaler26: So has anyone played the Steam version of Earth 2140? I might grab it for 0.99€ but i want to know if the problems with the AI have been fixed in the Steam version? Or would it be better to get the GOG version?
They haven't been fixed. The only fixed version is the DOS one from GOG.
Grargar: ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 13

-Flatspace II -60%/$4.80 (DRM-Free)
-Judge Dee: The City God Case -75%/$1.75 (DRM-Free)
-Memento Mori -75%/$1.75 (DRM-Free)
-Rooks Keep -80%/$3.00 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Silent Storm Gold Edition -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-The Omega Stone -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
pigdog: Thanks for this. Anyone played Roots Keep? If so, what's the SP campaign like and are there difficulty options? There's very little info elsewhere on this game which is why I'm hesitating...
There's no "campaign" per se, you can play multyplayer with bots . I say go for it, it's really good, quite like UT with swords and stuff . And the game is more complex than it appears at first, so you'll be playing it for quite a while.

There's also a "chess mode", but I don't like that one very much .
Post edited June 11, 2014 by Licurg
Impaler26: So has anyone played the Steam version of Earth 2140? I might grab it for 0.99€ but i want to know if the problems with the AI have been fixed in the Steam version? Or would it be better to get the GOG version?
I bought it, but haven't played it yet. The game gives you an option to either launch "Earth 2140 HD" or "Earth 2140 Classic XP". The classic version seems to have its own dedicated folder within the "Earth 2140" folder, 504 MB in size, and has its own executable. The rest of the files, presumably belonging to the HD version, are about 540 MB.

Since the files of the classic version seem independent of those from the HD version, it's possible that the classic version has the non-broken AI, no matter whether the HD version has been fixed or not. However, I can't tell for sure since I haven't played the game yet.
Post edited June 11, 2014 by Psyringe
Psyringe: I bought it, but haven't played it yet. The game gives you an option to either launch "Earth 2140 HD" or "Earth 2140 Classic XP". The classic version seems to have its own dedicated folder within the "Earth 2140" folder, 504 MB in size, and has its own executable. The rest of the files, presumably belonging to the HD version, are about 540 MB.

Since the files of the classic version seem independent of those from the HD version, it's possible that the classic version has the non-broken AI, no matter whether the HD version has been fixed or not. However, I can't tell for sure since I haven't played the game yet.
Is any of those two versions a DOS one? If not, then both are broken.
Seems like there are still complaints about the AI being broken on the Steam forum.
Post edited June 11, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: Is any of those two versions a DOS one? If not, then both are broken.
I just read your post and was about to edit mine. ;)

No, none of the two versions use DOSBox to run, so if your information is correct (which I assume it is), then indeed both must be broken.

Edit: Further research seems to indicate that there are three versions: The original DOS version (with working AI), the "XP" version (which runs on Windows, and broke the AI), and the "HD" version (which apparently upgraded the graphics of the XP version without fixing the AI ... in an RTS game. Hilarious. These devs sure know how to set their priorities. ;)

The Steam version offers the XP and the HD version, which indeed both have broken AI, according to the reports.
Post edited June 11, 2014 by Psyringe
Grargar: Is any of those two versions a DOS one? If not, then both are broken.
Psyringe: I just read your post and was about to edit mine. ;)

No, none of the two versions use DOSBox to run, so if your information is correct (which I assume it is), then indeed both must be broken.

Edit: Further research seems to indicate that there are three versions: The original DOS version (with working AI), the "XP" version (which runs on Windows, and broke the AI), and the "HD" version (which apparently upgraded the graphics of the XP version without fixing the AI ... in an RTS game. Hilarious. These devs sure know how to set their priorities. ;)

The Steam version offers the XP and the HD version, which indeed both have broken AI, according to the reports.
Thanks for the informations, guys! In that case i'll just wait till the GOG version is on sale again. :)
Impaler26: Thanks for the informations, guys! In that case i'll just wait till the GOG version is on sale again. :)
Mind that even if DOS version has working AI, it has its issues as well. Annoying slowdowns (not good but can be probably fixed, haven't tried the solution myself yet) and missing intro sound (not big deal, can be watched on youtube if necessary).

The Windows and HD version shouldn't be sold at all and I am not happy any site does sell it. Zuxxez never addressed the AI issues and I think someone from GOG even said they got in touch with them and were told it works just fine.
Steam sells Resident Evil: Revelations and all its DLC for 75% off: Link.

I have the base game, but none of the DLC. Has anyone here played the game and is able to rank the DLC on a scale from "mandatory - recommended - nice to have - inconsequential - useless - ripoff"? :)
Concerning the "Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America." for some of Amazon's digital games, it's not always true. There was the same warning for NBA 2K14 and it was completely region-free. I'd recommend checking places like reddit to see if the game you're interested in is region-restricted or not.
Psyringe: Steam sells Resident Evil: Revelations and all its DLC for 75% off: Link.

I have the base game, but none of the DLC. Has anyone here played the game and is able to rank the DLC on a scale from "mandatory - recommended - nice to have - inconsequential - useless - ripoff"? :)
All of the DLC is for raid mode.. and you can acquire most of, if not all of the raid mode parts by playing the game. I think the weapons might be exclusive but they're really not worth it. If you play raid mode a lot it might be cool to mess around with the raid mode DLC characters, but otherwise skip all of the DLC. You won't need it.
spoderman: All of the DLC is for raid mode.. and you can acquire most of, if not all of the raid mode parts by playing the game. I think the weapons might be exclusive but they're really not worth it. If you play raid mode a lot it might be cool to mess around with the raid mode DLC characters, but otherwise skip all of the DLC. You won't need it.
Thanks - money saved! :)
spoderman: All of the DLC is for raid mode.. and you can acquire most of, if not all of the raid mode parts by playing the game. I think the weapons might be exclusive but they're really not worth it. If you play raid mode a lot it might be cool to mess around with the raid mode DLC characters, but otherwise skip all of the DLC. You won't need it.
Psyringe: Thanks - money saved! :)
The personalized Guns can be used by the specific Characters in the Campaign also and are more powereful than the Mods you get ingame. But yes, totally unessential DLC, if you don't spent your life in Raid-Mode.

BTW:
I was able to use IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF on GMG for the Hobbit and State Of Decay.
Post edited June 11, 2014 by dyscode
pigdog: Thanks for this. Anyone played Roots Keep? If so, what's the SP campaign like and are there difficulty options? There's very little info elsewhere on this game which is why I'm hesitating...
Licurg: There's no "campaign" per se, you can play multyplayer with bots . I say go for it, it's really good, quite like UT with swords and stuff . And the game is more complex than it appears at first, so you'll be playing it for quite a while.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really play multiplayer games. I don't know what playing with bots mean....is it where you go online but just play against non-human controlled characters < That sentence sounds like terrible gaming terminology!
Licurg: There's no "campaign" per se, you can play multyplayer with bots . I say go for it, it's really good, quite like UT with swords and stuff . And the game is more complex than it appears at first, so you'll be playing it for quite a while.

pigdog: Thanks for the reply. I don't really play multiplayer games. I don't know what playing with bots mean....is it where you go online but just play against non-human controlled characters < That sentence sounds like terrible gaming terminology!
Erm... You play against AI-controlled enemies, with AI-controlled team-mates...
Licurg: Erm... You play against AI-controlled enemies, with AI-controlled team-mates...
.....thank you <slinks away in shame>