It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looks like no Freedom Friday on Desura yesterday, either due to the holidays or perhaps the experiment didn't pan out for them. Whatever the case, a couple free games did recently get added:

Top Snake

Ghoulish Hijinks
IAmSinistar: Looks like no Freedom Friday on Desura yesterday, either due to the holidays or perhaps the experiment didn't pan out for them. Whatever the case, a couple free games did recently get added:

Top Snake

Ghoulish Hijinks
This is also free:
AdventureBall
Giana Sisters Bundle (Base+Owlverloard DLC) is still $2.69 on steam

Indiegamestand Charity today is Dead Cyborg Ep1 with BTA $2.75 for Ep2. Great game!

and not on sale but on $3 on indievania is Corril Slayer
a mockup of a all the modern horror tropes and monsters... Castlevania/Mega Man-style
Post edited December 28, 2013 by dyscode
IAmSinistar: snip
From the last Freedom Friday (Dec 20) - "This will be our last Freedom Friday for 2013, however the Freedom Train will power up once more sometime in January next year.... so hold onto your butts! " ;)
IAmSinistar: snip
triock: From the last Freedom Friday (Dec 20) - "This will be our last Freedom Friday for 2013, however the Freedom Train will power up once more sometime in January next year.... so hold onto your butts! " ;)
Well spotted, thanks!
Also free:
StartBolita (beta)
F1ach: Pretty good sale in Gamespot at the moment (Ireland), great selection of games at 3 for €20.
kkreo: I think you mean Gamestop,cause Gamespot is a game reviewing website
Damn that pesky lysdexia >.<

:)
Doom 3 BFG is $4 on GMG.
Mmm, BFG is all the Dooms!
I hope it's not region-locked! Here I gooo!

Crap, no key. Presumably, they're out of keys already...
Post edited December 28, 2013 by cich
cich: Doom 3 BFG is $4 on GMG.
Mmm, BFG is all the Dooms!
I hope it's not region-locked! Here I gooo!

Crap, no key. Presumably, they're out of keys already...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :(
cich: Mmm, BFG is all the Dooms
Censored old Dooms and non-moddable doom 3? Or did they fix that?
Valts007: Games on sale in FireFlower Games:
http://fireflowergames.com/deals/
How come I've missed this store before? First I thought "Yeah, another Steam-key seller, pfffft...", but then reading the FAQ, they also seem to have a pretty strict anti-DRM stance (much like GOG, even up to a point of refusing to sell Steam keys on top (or instead) of the DRM-free downloads), and to my surprise, even have some games that are not on GOG (like Cities in Motion collection, some Europe Universalis games, Majesty Gold HD etc.).

Nice to see more stores trying their wings with their own infrastructure (instead of becoming mainly just Steam/Origin/UPlay key sellers), and especially having a DRM-free stance. Maybe I will make a few test purchases from there, just to see how their service and purchasing process works.

Oh, and what's more, they even have a game category "erotic"! :D Recalling the discussion here why GOG couldn't sell also adult-content games, like Seduce Me. Well, that site has that game too. Maybe that will be my test purchase. :)
Post edited December 28, 2013 by timppu
cich: Mmm, BFG is all the Dooms
grviper: Censored old Dooms and non-moddable doom 3? Or did they fix that?
Not fixed.
I mean it's moddable, but too much hassle for modders to port old stuff to the new one.

And the amount of censorship in the old titles is minuscule. I'm no purist, I can live without the swastikas and the red cross.
A few neat deals at the Humble Store:

Legend of Dungeon (DRM Free + Steam) - $1.49
Machinarium + Soundtrack (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.49
Retro City Rampage (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.99
Tetrobot and Co. (DRM Free + Steam) - $2.99
grviper: Censored old Dooms and non-moddable doom 3? Or did they fix that?
cich: Not fixed.
I mean it's moddable, but too much hassle for modders to port old stuff to the new one.

And the amount of censorship in the old titles is minuscule. I'm no purist, I can live without the swastikas and the red cross.
There are no swastikas in the Doom series. Censored or not. Also, you have something against the Red Cross? It helps millions of people around the world.
Post edited December 28, 2013 by trusteft
Any idea whether it'd DRM-free or not? There's nothing on the page regarding whether you need to use Capsule to play.