It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stooner: Yet another bundle:
http://vodo.net/bigbrother

PWYW
I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream - Game (Steam, not sure about DRM-Free)
Secrecy - Movie
Subatomic - Book
Immortal Technique - Surveillance EP - Music

BTA
Hacker Evolution Duality - Game (Steam, not sure about DRM-Free)
Shadows of Liberty† - Movie
1st 10,000 customers: A month's VPN from iPredator - Service

BTP (beat the premium)
Schneier On Security - Book
The Homeland Directive - Book
The steam games only come with keys, there are no downloads for them.
spoderman: The steam games only come with keys, there are no downloads for them.
ah, okay! ;p
Ok, so Darksiders 2 DLCs are again on sale on Steam... but I still can't make heads or tails about them. I tried <span class="bold">this guide</span>, but it didn't really explain anything.

So which exactly are to be included in the minimum set that you get pretty much the complete gaming content? For example:

- If it is just some multiplayer DLC, to be excluded. Only interested in single-player stuff.

- If it is 100% cosmetic thing, like a new dress or hat that doesn't affect the actual gameplay in anyway => excluded

- If the DLC is just some gaming guide, or a cheat code => excluded

- weapon DLCs... if the weapon somehow affects the (single-player) gameplay, then to be included. I presume weapon DLCs _are_ extra gaming content, like e.g. playing Doom 2 wouldn't be the same if they had dropped the double-barrel shotgun, no matter if you could still play the game through even without it.

- What's with the "Season Pass"? Isn't it overlapping with some of the DLCs, like the Abyssal Forge and The Lord Demon Belial? I hope Steam store is bright enough not to try sell overlapping DLCs at the same time, like it is now listing them together and showing the price where all these overlapping DLCs are included.

- Any other overlapping DLCs, or is it only the Season Pass and those three or so other DLCs?

Funnily though, even with a 80% discount, those DLCs sure have a high price, higher than the base game.
Post edited October 30, 2013 by timppu
timppu: Ok, so Darksiders 2 DLCs are again on sale on Steam... but I still can't make heads or tails about them. I tried <span class="bold">this guide</span>, but it didn't really explain anything.

So which exactly are to be included in the minimum set that you get pretty much the complete gaming content? For example:

- If it is just some multiplayer DLC, to be excluded. Only interested in single-player stuff.

- If it is 100% cosmetic thing, like a new dress or hat that doesn't affect the actual gameplay in anyway => excluded

- If the DLC is just some gaming guide, or a cheat code => excluded

- weapon DLCs... if the weapon somehow affects the (single-player) gameplay, then to be included. I presume weapon DLCs _are_ extra gaming content, like e.g. playing Doom 2 wouldn't be the same if they had dropped the double-barrel shotgun, no matter if you could still play the game through even without it.

- What's with the "Season Pass"? Isn't it overlapping with some of the DLCs, like the Abyssal Forge and The Lord Demon Belial? I hope Steam store is bright enough not to try sell overlapping DLCs at the same time, like it is now listing them together and showing the price where all these overlapping DLCs are included.

- Any other overlapping DLCs, or is it only the Season Pass and those three or so other DLCs?

Funnily though, even with a 80% discount, those DLCs sure have a high price, higher than the base game.
I got Darksiders 2 and some of the DLC in a sale on Amazon, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. But here's what I understand from what I have listed in my account on Amazon:

Season's Pass includes Abyssal Forge and The Lord Demon Belial and I believe there's an armor set included as well.
Argul's Tomb is a new area with new enemies and loot.
Death Rides: extra quests (more XP and loot).
Mortis Pack: a shield with special properties.
Rusanov's Axe: a powerful axe.
Van der Schmash Hammer: powerful hammer.
Fletcher's Crow Hammer: another powerful hammer.
Mace Maximus badass mace-type weapon.
Angel of Death enhanced armor set.
Deadly Despair: permanent speed boost for your horse.
Shadow of Death: armor and scythe set.

All of these are single player (I don't think there's a multiplayer mode for this game). If you're the type that wants the 'whole package', I think the above will cover it all. But I don't think any of it is really necessary. For a bare minimum I'd go with the Season Pass, Death Rides, and Argul's Tomb. That has extra story content/quests. The others are just items. As I noted though, I haven't played it yet so don't know for certain what would be good and what not.
Coelocanth: ...
Thanks, maybe I'll go with that set then.
VODO Big Brother Bundle:

$1 Minimum for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (Steam key), Secrecy (film), Subatomic (book), Immortal Technique - Surveilance EP (music)

Beat the average (currently $1.50) to unlock Hacker Evolution Duality (Steam key), Shadows of Liberty (film), and 1 month's VPN from something called iPredator.

Pay $8.83 to unlock Schneier on Security (a book by Bruce Schneier) and The Homeland Directive (graphic novel by Robert Venditti, Mike Huddleston).

Foxhack: VODO Big Brother Bundle:

$1 Minimum for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (Steam key), Secrecy (film), Subatomic (book), Immortal Technique - Surveilance EP (music)

Beat the average (currently $1.50) to unlock Hacker Evolution Duality (Steam key), Shadows of Liberty (film), and 1 month's VPN from something called iPredator.

Pay $8.83 to unlock Schneier on Security (a book by Bruce Schneier) and The Homeland Directive (graphic novel by Robert Venditti, Mike Huddleston).

Never heard of them, any feedback?
mefet: Never heard of them, any feedback?
The vendor is legit. I got a Cthulhu bundle from them a while back and everything worked well. They mostly deal with music, films and books rather than games so they're not very well known but they're competent.
mefet: Never heard of them, any feedback?
Foxhack: The vendor is legit. I got a Cthulhu bundle from them a while back and everything worked well. They mostly deal with music, films and books rather than games so they're not very well known but they're competent.
second that.
Free Saint's Row 3 for people in the UK only:

http://wych.me.uk/gaming/pc/get-saints-row-3-on-steam-pc-free
Wadjet Eye Games is giving away The Blackwell Deception

Happy Halloween from Wadjet Eye Games! The indie developer has just updated their retro-style, point & click PC adventure The Blackwell Deception with higher quality character portraits. And how better to celebrate Rosa Blackwell's favorite holiday than by giving away the full, updated game?

Of course, anyone who already bought Blackwell Deception from Steam, GOG, Desura, or directly from Wadjet Eye will get free access to the updated version. Here's the "trick or treat!" part -- for everyone else, Wadjet Eye is offering Blackwell Deception totally free through Friday, Nov. 1 at 11:59pm Eastern.

To pocket this Halloween goodie:

1) Visit http://www.rosablackwell.com

2) Click Buy Now to add Blackwell Deception to the cart

3) Enter Boo in the discount code area and the price will change to zero

Just like that one house on the block that hands out full-sized candy bars, this is news worth spreading! Tell your readers, tell your friends. (Or else Rosa and Joey might have to come over and toilet paper your house. Just saying...)
Also, apparently, the Steam key provided unlocks the entire Wadjet Eye Games catalogue, instead of just Blackwell Deception. Seems to be unintentional to me, so that might be fixed soon.

Edit: No more Steam keys because Steam messed up. Not sure if that means the giveaway is still up (for the standalone installer of Blackwell Deception). https://twitter.com/WadjetEyeGames/status/395774553114173440
Post edited October 31, 2013 by Grilledfish
Grilledfish: Wadjet Eye Games is giving away The Blackwell Deception Also, apparently, the Steam key provided unlocks the entire Wadjet Eye Games catalogue, instead of just Blackwell Deception. Seems to be unintentional to me, so that might be fixed soon.
Their server must be overloaded, I submitted and it is spinning forever
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00EZCOSS4/

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is $9.99. Requires Steam.. Pretty sure the MSRP is glitched on Amazon, it's supposed to be $39.99..
Grilledfish: Wadjet Eye Games is giving away The Blackwell Deception

Also, apparently, the Steam key provided unlocks the entire Wadjet Eye Games catalogue, instead of just Blackwell Deception. Seems to be unintentional to me, so that might be fixed soon.

Edit: No more Steam keys because Steam messed up. Not sure if that means the giveaway is still up (for the standalone installer of Blackwell Deception). https://twitter.com/WadjetEyeGames/status/395774553114173440
Already fixed. The other games have been removed.
If anyone's looking at Into The Dark on Desura, per chance, it's cheaper to get the Bundle+ which includes Into the Ice, as well, on IndieBundle.org.

http://indiebundle.org/horror-bundle/