It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PenguinJim: I can't understand Ubisoft's RUSE sale pricing on Gamersgate. Before it was $5 or £2 for RUSE. Now it's $4 or £4.87 for the RUSE Collection!

Sorry, dyscode, I have no idea about the Driver Deluxe edition being any good. Not a racing game person!
How is RUSE anyway?
PenguinJim: Sorry, dyscode, I have no idea about the Driver Deluxe edition being any good. Not a racing game person!
nijuu:
Ah thanks, bought it anyway so damn cheap £.75 sure don't break the bank.

BTW: The rocking dead is 95%OFF €.95
I guess glitch.

And Gray Matter is also 70% off €.270
Anyone know about The Rockin' Dead? I do like adventure games, and listen to metal... Would it be enjoyable?
Valts007: FireFlower Games: Summer Sale

Cross-Store Summer Sale. You will get a discount voucher redeemable at Gameolith, ShinyLoot or Vergecore when you buy a game from us during this sale. You will earn $1 in credit at those stores for every €5 spent at our store and vice versa (up to a maximum of $5 in free credits per purchase.

http://fireflowergames.com/product-category/summer-sale/
Does FireFlower allow you to download later updates to games, a la GOG and Desura? Or is it a "you buy it in the current state and download it once" kind of place? I'm interested in getting the Cognition games and Pulse Shift from there, but will probably go with Desura instead if they don't offer the same kind of forward service.
blotunga: Anyone know about The Rockin' Dead? I do like adventure games, and listen to metal... Would it be enjoyable?
It's very cheesy cheek in tongue humor, with all those silly rock clichés poked. Not much plot or depth or high quality production. It's almost like it's making a parody out of itself. If you can handle that, it's quite funny. :)
Def. more of collector's/ completist's item than a must-have.

But there are MUCH worse adventures out there.
Post edited July 31, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: def. more of collectors item than a must-have.
Ok, then with the long backlog that I have, I'll just skip this. I should rather play the quality games I alread own.
Post edited July 31, 2013 by blotunga
PenguinJim: I can't understand Ubisoft's RUSE sale pricing on Gamersgate. Before it was $5 or £2 for RUSE. Now it's $4 or £4.87 for the RUSE Collection!

Sorry, dyscode, I have no idea about the Driver Deluxe edition being any good. Not a racing game person!
nijuu: How is RUSE anyway?
I'm actually playing it right now (well, I just came back from playing it), and it is pretty good. I'm only playing the main campaign, so I can't comment on the multiplayer, but the ruses seem a tad bit gimmicky, but at least they add another element to the game. The battles feel large scale, and proper use of terrain is essential. That being said, at least against the AI some units are rather overpowered. Infantry in particular, with its ability to hide in forest & towns and ambush units for extra damage seem to be something that the AI just can't deal with. The first few missions, which act as a bit of a tutorial wants you to think that you need AT guns to deal with tanks, tanks to deal with infantry and infantry to deal with AT guns, but on most missions I use infantry to deal with everything that is not too far from a forest, AT guns against everything armoured that is further away, and tanks when I need to deal with infantry in the open.
Wargame: European Escalation is a better game than R.U.S.E. (made by the same people), but it is also more complex. Overall, R.U.S.E. is still a good game, but if you have to chose between R.U.S.E. or Wargame, go for wargame.
I think this is only worth it if you're in the UK but Blockbuster are selling a bunch of cheap console games.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/full-list-new-ps3-xbox-360-games-under-5-blockbuster-1619503

I just bought Mass Effect 3 for under £5 and Bulletstorm for £3
blotunga: Anyone know about The Rockin' Dead? I do like adventure games, and listen to metal... Would it be enjoyable?
I bought it for roughly $1 back when it was on Indiegala. It's got that absurd B-Movie quality that's a bit of an aquired taste, the music is quite good and the game has the novelty/gimmicky 3D (with glasses), but it's pretty aimless and there's not much of a story. Would I recommend it? I think it depends on how much of an adventure game fan you are. So, I don't know, it's not terrible, I think you could do worse even at that price.
dyscode: Indie Gala Store
$1 to get

- Disciples III: Renaissance - Steam Special Edition on Steam

BEAT $4.99 AND GET ALSO:

- Disciples III - Resurrection on Steam
Thanks! Finally snatched Renaissance to compliment Resurrection, which was a gift from a GOG'er :)
dyscode: Indie Gala Store
$1 to get

- Disciples III: Renaissance - Steam Special Edition on Steam

BEAT $4.99 AND GET ALSO:

- Disciples III - Resurrection on Steam
CymTyr: Thanks! Finally snatched Renaissance to compliment Resurrection, which was a gift from a GOG'er :)
Glad to hear it :) Reincarnation is the version I have. You can't even search for it on the Steam store but it's meant to be the best version of the game :)
Post edited July 31, 2013 by Tarnicus
Whats the go with Renaissance v Resurrection v Reincarnation?.
nijuu: Whats the go with Renaissance v Resurrection v Reincarnation?.
Reincarnation but it hasn't gone on sale a single time, it is only available at Gamersgate and MUST be activated on steam.
nijuu: Whats the go with Renaissance v Resurrection v Reincarnation?.
Luisfius: Reincarnation but it hasn't gone on sale a single time, it is only available at Gamersgate and MUST be activated on steam.
Reincarnation includes both Renaissance and Resurrection
plus it's mostly considered THE a reinvention/remake/bugfixing/balancing Version of Disciples 3 that the two other should have been to begin with.
In short Reincarnation.plays more like Disciples 1 and 2 again.(they say)
Post edited July 31, 2013 by dyscode
Luisfius: Reincarnation but it hasn't gone on sale a single time, it is only available at Gamersgate and MUST be activated on steam.
dyscode: Reincarnation includes both Renaissance and Resurrection
plus it's mostly considered THE a reinvention/remake/bugfixing/balancing Version of Disciples 3 that the two other should have been to begin with.
In short Reincarnation.plays more like Disciples 1 and 2 again.(they say)
And I will get it when it is on sale! If ever. Because it is 30 bux and that is far too much.