It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stooner: Y's series are 66% off on Steam
Zorder: I just got those, do you, or anyone, happen to know the order they're meant to be played?
It doesn't really matter but I'd play Ys Chronicles I &2 first unless the 'bump' gameplay is too dated for your taste. Oath at Felghana is a remake of Ys 3. Ys Origin is a prequel.

edit: The original versions of Ys 1, 2, & 3 are all over 20 years old. Ys Origin didn't come out until 2005 or so.
Post edited July 23, 2013 by Snickersnack
Stooner: Y's series are 66% off on Steam
Zorder: I just got those, do you, or anyone, happen to know the order they're meant to be played?
The only ones that really need order are 1 and 2 and the rest stand on their own
In the timeline though its Origin then 1 then 2 then Oath
dyscode: But Reinc never went on sale, yet.
Vatiel: wat? Order date: 3rd May, Total: £5.93
wtf? how did i miss that! I have it in my wishlist :(
it was also on 27th 12.2012.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3040800
dyscode: wtf? how did i miss that! I have it in my wishlist :(
it was also on 27th 12.2012.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3040800
It's on sale in BundleStars. Something like 4 british pounds in a bundle. The older one was also in a bundle, but I've missed that :(
Oh .. reincarnation is different.. never mind that, seems like steam doesn't has it
Post edited July 23, 2013 by blotunga
SovietSharkey: The only ones that really need order are 1 and 2 and the rest stand on their own
Origin spoils the well, story of 1 and 2, so if you're going to play them, play them in this order: 1, 2, Felghana, Origin.
SovietSharkey: The only ones that really need order are 1 and 2 and the rest stand on their own
Foxhack: Origin spoils the well, story of 1 and 2, so if you're going to play them, play them in this order: 1, 2, Felghana, Origin.
I don't think it really matters.

According to an XSEED guy that posted on SPUF:

"Yeah, you should have no problem. Since it is a prequel, it's technically the earliest point in the story, meaning there's absolutely NOTHING you need to know going into it.

The worst case scenario is that some very minor plot points from Ys I & II will be spoiled for you by playing Ys Origin first -- but as with most Ys titles, it works both ways: if you play Ys I & II before playing Ys Origin, it'll almost feel like those same plot points are spoiled for you in Ys Origin."
Foxhack: Origin spoils the well, story of 1 and 2, so if you're going to play them, play them in this order: 1, 2, Felghana, Origin.
spoderman: I don't think it really matters.

According to an XSEED guy that posted on SPUF:

"Yeah, you should have no problem. Since it is a prequel, it's technically the earliest point in the story, meaning there's absolutely NOTHING you need to know going into it.

The worst case scenario is that some very minor plot points from Ys I & II will be spoiled for you by playing Ys Origin first -- but as with most Ys titles, it works both ways: if you play Ys I & II before playing Ys Origin, it'll almost feel like those same plot points are spoiled for you in Ys Origin."
Oh, it does. One particular bit of story in Origin won't have the same, well, emotional impact, unless you've played and beaten Ys I. This bit of story actually made me go "Wait, what the crap?!" since I wasn't expecting THAT to happen.

The other reason is the fighting system. Playing Felghana and Origins, then playing 1 and 2, will make you dislike 1 and 2 since the game styles are so different. Origins and Felghana have a much better game system than the old bump style (and Felghana's is much better than the absolute mess that was Ys III.)
Post edited July 23, 2013 by Foxhack
Giana Sisters for $2.99 from Amazon [non-Steam]
Any aussies looking for a decent pre order for Rome Total War 2, looks like right now (for aussies) Ozgameshop seems to be the cheapest

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/total-war-rome-ii-2-with-greek-states-culture-pack-bonus-dlc-game-pc

Physical copy $48.99 AUD

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/total-war-rome-ii-2-with-greek-states-culture-pack-bonus-dlc-code-by-email-game-pc

Email Steam code $43.99 AUD (even GMG can't match this with the 20% off code with the exchange rate in mind as well)
Van Helsing for $7.50 / £6.00 is the same price as in the Steam sale, but good for those with the 20% discount (or who missed it the one other time it was this cheap). It's Steamworks and has Steam trading cards.
mighty.ape.acct: Giana Sisters for $2.99 from Amazon [non-Steam]
The question is if the amazon-version has the easy mode...?

Edit:
"Black Forest Games [Developer]
Hey guys,
at the time only the steam version has the easy mode update because the team which is working on the update is spread quite thin. The drm-free patch is scheduled a month from now so it shouldn’t be longer than that. :-)
Best,
BFG Freddy"
Post edited July 24, 2013 by merow
endsummer: spam and more spam
Great, more spam now?
And how did he manage to put in a live link?

Please report post #40357
PenguinJim: Van Helsing for $7.50 / £6.00 is the same price as in the Steam sale, but good for those with the 20% discount (or who missed it the one other time it was this cheap). It's Steamworks and has Steam trading cards.
Small correction: It has Steam achievements, but no trading cards so far :) (Although I wouldn't find it odd if they were added soon since it's a relatively recent release).
I really don't know if I should buy Kentucky Route Zero NOW.
$12.49 is really fair price (for me)
But still 3 Episodes are unreleased.

But waiting for the finished product is less annoying than being teased with part of the story.
I mean weekly TV is ok but 3 to six months for teh next episode, that means KRZ will be ready end of NEXT year.

I am already desparately waiting for The Dream Machine to be finished...
Post edited July 24, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: I really don't know if I should buy Kentucky Route Zero NOW.
$12.49 is really fair price (for me)
But still 3 Episodes are unreleased.

But waiting for the finished product is less annoying than being teased with part of the story.
I mean weekly TV is ok but 3 to six months for teh next episode, that means KRZ will be ready end of NEXT year.

I am already desparately waiting for The Dream Machine to be finished...
Dont remind me, if at least once a year an episode would be released... :/