It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

johnki: No, I mean, the franchise is 66% off and CSGO is included in that. Therefore, if you don't own any of them, you're effectively getting a 66% discount on CSGO.
True, but even so, if I were to get the bundle and therefore get CSGO at 66% off, I'd still be paying £0.08 more than if I bought CSGO at 10% off and CSCZ at 66% off as they are the only two I'm missing from the pack. The pack is probably only worth it if you have none, or only one of the games.
korell: No, I checked. If you buy the whole franchise at once it costs £12.91.
I already own CS and CS:S, leaving just CS:CZ and CS:GO. Their individual prices are currently £2.04 and £10.79, so both the two I'm missing comes to £12.83, so the full bundle isn't worth it for me.
johnki: No, I mean, the franchise is 66% off and CSGO is included in that. Therefore, if you don't own any of them, you're effectively getting a 66% discount on CSGO.
Ah, I see what you mean, referencing my initial post rather than my personal situation with the games. :) Fixed.
Post edited August 07, 2012 by korell
GameRager: Not a problem.

I know I played another with laser sighted pistols.....the one I linked to doesn't seem to be that one.....I wish I could remember which one it was.
It was the Duct Tape Mod, very helpful :)
Post edited August 07, 2012 by dyscode

I know I played another with laser sighted pistols.....the one I linked to doesn't seem to be that one.....I wish I could remember which one it was.
dyscode: It was the Duct Tape Mod, very helpful :)
No, that adds a flashlight to guns...this was a mod which added various weapons to replace the ones in Vanilla D3....one of which was a laser(red laser dot) sighted set of pistols.

dyscode: It was the Duct Tape Mod, very helpful :)
I refuse to play Doom 3 without that mod.
orcishgamer: I refuse to play Doom 3 without that mod.
An aside: I find it funny that the company behind D3 wants to charge people 5-60 bucks for what is essentially a shinier D3 with duct tape mod built in & a new expansion.
GameRager: An aside: I find it funny that the company behind D3 wants to charge people 5-60 bucks for what is essentially a shinier D3 with duct tape mod built in & a new expansion.
Yuck! Are they doing that? I must have missed it. Porting D3 to their new engine or something?
GameRager: An aside: I find it funny that the company behind D3 wants to charge people 5-60 bucks for what is essentially a shinier D3 with duct tape mod built in & a new expansion.
orcishgamer: Yuck! Are they doing that? I must have missed it. Porting D3 to their new engine or something?
Doom 3 BFG edition.....it's basically D3 with better graphics+a weapon flashlight & a new SP expansion......list price: 50-60 bucks.
orcishgamer: Yuck! Are they doing that? I must have missed it. Porting D3 to their new engine or something?
GameRager: Doom 3 BFG edition.....it's basically D3 with better graphics+a weapon flashlight & a new SP expansion......list price: 50-60 bucks.
Wow... dunno what to say... I like id too! Arg, head... hurts...
orcishgamer: Wow... dunno what to say... I like id too! Arg, head... hurts...
Question: How do you get a bunch of people to shell out 50-60 bucks for an expansion to a game that's several years old? Answer: "Borrow" some work done by others(Duct tape mod, better graphical effects mods, etc.) and slap it into said old game, package it with the new expansion, and give it an alluring title.
Some of you might have seen the ad for CS:GO. Don't buy it

E:qualified by this:
korell: What is the opinion on CS:GO? I have CS1.6 and CS:Source but have only ever really played the Source version. As I'm not the greatest gamer ever when I have played online I've been beaten to a pulp many a time. Will the new match-making system help to get me playing with others of a similar skill? Will it be worth it?
Right, so CS:GO. If you ever liked Source then consider CS:GO as Source2.
So basically, if you liked 1.6, forget about GO. If you liked CS:S, do go ahead by all means!
Post edited August 07, 2012 by FraterPerdurabo
That's ridiculous.

So what, are we Doom 3 owners screwed, too? At least let us buy the game at a discount... like a 90% discount. :P
Foxhack: That's ridiculous.

So what, are we Doom 3 owners screwed, too? At least let us buy the game at a discount... like a 90% discount. :P
I don't know if it'll be possible to just buy the new SP expansion included with D3: BFG Edition as a standalone.
Foxhack: That's ridiculous.

First off it's $30 on PC. Secondly it has 8 new levels, which were pretty long in Doom 3. Thirdly it has some enhanced graphics, though I am not sure what all that entails on PC. Lastly it includes Doom, Doom 2 and the Doom 3 expansion as well.

It's not a day one purchase for people who own all the games already I expect, but it's not really aimed at that audience anyway. Get it for the new content when it goes on sale.
StingingVelvet: First off it's $30 on PC. Secondly it has 8 new levels, which were pretty long in Doom 3. Thirdly it has some enhanced graphics, though I am not sure what all that entails on PC. Lastly it includes Doom, Doom 2 and the Doom 3 expansion as well.

It's not a day one purchase for people who own all the games already I expect, but it's not really aimed at that audience anyway. Get it for the new content when it goes on sale.
That's still too much money(imo) for an expansion and some graphical improvements.

(I can get "better" graphics with many of the free graphical mods available, and I already have D1/2 and the original expansion.)
Post edited August 07, 2012 by GameRager
GameRager: That's still too much money(imo) for an expansion and some graphical improvements.

(I can get "better" graphics with many of the free graphical mods available, and I already have D1/2 and the original expansion.)
Like I said, it's not meant for people who own all the games on PC already. It's mainly aimed at console gamers who got a shitty port to the original Xbox. It's still something I would like to have on PC someday for the new content, but I'll wait until it's $10.

It doesn't have to be adversarial... they made this for a certain group, they're being cool enough to put it on PC at all really... and you can buy it or not buy it.