It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dye408: German people love work so much, they even want to work in their free time. Nothing is more satisfying then coming from a hard work day and play a round of garbage collection simulator.
AFnord: So the idea of German efficiency is not actually a myth, and you get a bad conscious when you are not efficient?

(Judging by my experience with the large German retail store chains that has opened up here, there is at least a kernel of truth to that)

summitus: Yes but Germans are a little strange ... dont you think ? ... :p
AFnord: Yep, but that at least explains who buys those games. Germans & people who wish they were from Germany.

Actually, the German game market perplexes me in some ways. Games that seem to have no commercial viability what so ever outside of Germany seem to sell well there. Work simulators & adventure games. (Granted, I do appreciate the fact that they help keeping the adventure game genre alive)
Hmmm makes me wonder about the differences between Volvo and BMW ! ... I wonder if Volvo's sell well in Germany >_< :p

or BMW's in Sweeden lol
The discussion of German orderliness reminds me of this game: http://ordnungswissenschaft.wordpress.com/ (sorry for derailing the thread. It is a game, though, and it's free :-D).
dye408: Well i certainly don't enjoy those simulator games i was trying to make fun of this german/simulator/work stuff, but it seems that you really believe that.

i don't think that germans in particular are more efficient or less lazy than people from other countrys.

But then again i have a similiar believe that japanese people are less lazy and more efficient. I guess there is some truth to that in some cultures work is playing a bigger role then in others, but what i did write and what i read here is an exaggeration i think.

btw.
http://www.articles.totallyexpat.com/global-comparison-employee-statutory-and-public-holiday-entitlements/

but of course germans never take their holiday days!!!!111
LOL, i understood your sarcasm, it just made me laugh.

Most games are work, but enjoyable work to some gamers. Like grinding for money in rpgs and the X series.
Moha: or orderliness ;)
Artki: aka Tetris.
Nah, Tetris is Soviet. You should see the crowds in public transport in Moscow, or the way people stuff bags and building materials into tiny cars.
dye408: Well i certainly don't enjoy those simulator games i was trying to make fun of this german/simulator/work stuff, but it seems that you really believe that.
I was just poking fun at German stereotypes ;) While many stereotypes have a kernel of truths to them, they are almost always grossly exaggerated, same with the "German efficiency" stereotype.

summitus: Hmmm makes me wonder about the differences between Volvo and BMW ! ... I wonder if Volvo's sell well in Germany >_< :p

or BMW's in Sweeden lol
German cars seem to be pretty popular here. I for one use the subway though. That way I don't waste any time on doing nothing, as I can read while commute.
Post edited July 16, 2012 by AFnord
grviper: Nah, Tetris is Soviet. You should see the crowds in public transport in Moscow, or the way people stuff bags and building materials into tiny cars.
Did you ever try playing Tetris music while they're doing that?
grviper: Nah, Tetris is Soviet. You should see the crowds in public transport in Moscow, or the way people stuff bags and building materials into tiny cars.
Profanity: Did you ever try playing Tetris music while they're doing that?
"Simpsons did it"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soPN80PaXsI

Hah, screw guitar lessons, here's a how to play the Tetris tune on balalaika
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcx0ZAeNl-w

Speaking of the most famous game in the world, try this for a change http://www.indiegames.com/2010/08/freeware_game_pick_madris_gary.html
AFnord: I was just poking fun at German stereotypes ;) While many stereotypes have a kernel of truths to them, they are almost always grossly exaggerated, same with the "German efficiency" stereotype.

summitus: Hmmm makes me wonder about the differences between Volvo and BMW ! ... I wonder if Volvo's sell well in Germany >_< :p

or BMW's in Sweeden lol
AFnord: German cars seem to be pretty popular here. I for one use the subway though. That way I don't waste any time on doing nothing, as I can read while commute.
I love reading while I commute.
It can be a bit hairy at junctions, but I scrape through....

;-}
Rodzaju: I love reading while I commute.
;-}
Hm, wrong word? I was under the impression that commuting was when you travel between your home & the location where you work/go to school/whatever other thing you do on a regular basis, with an unspecified method of transportation.
;-}
AFnord: Hm, wrong word? I was under the impression that commuting was when you travel between your home & the location where you work/go to school/whatever other thing you do on a regular basis, with an unspecified method of transportation.
It was an attempt at humour.
I was trying to suggest I like to read while I am driving.....

;-}
So you're the one that causes accidents on the A31, which results in no end of traffic jams in Guildford every morning?
Rodzaju: It was an attempt at humour.
I was trying to suggest I like to read while I am driving.....
Ah, I read it like you were poking fun at me for using the wrong word.
I wonder who many people know that the guy who invented the Tetris is Russian.
gyokzoli: I wonder who many people know that the guy who invented the Tetris is Russian.
All three of them were Russian
http://vadim.oversigma.com/Tetris.htm
developed a good set of libraries to support graphics (4-color 320x200)
Ah, the old days...
Post edited July 16, 2012 by grviper

;-}
nmillar: So you're the one that causes accidents on the A31, which results in no end of traffic jams in Guildford every morning?
I saw a nasty tailback on Friday morning.
2 cars side on completely blocking the road.
The queue must have been over 3 miles long.
I was going in the other direction!