It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Speaking of Mass Effect (barely) has anyone else have a problem with the first one, regardless of having much more than a capable PC for it? By problems, I mean FPS problems. Big ones.
Profanity: Speaking of Mass Effect (barely) has anyone else have a problem with the first one, regardless of having much more than a capable PC for it? By problems, I mean FPS problems. Big ones.
Do you have a legit version? When I played the pirated version back in the day, it had really bad performance and shitty graphics. Try a different crack.

And if it is a legit version, then I can't help you. Mine (Steam version) so far has worked fine.
Profanity: Speaking of Mass Effect (barely) has anyone else have a problem with the first one, regardless of having much more than a capable PC for it? By problems, I mean FPS problems. Big ones.
Yes.. It works a bit worse than the rest of those.. Also.. Those elevators. ^^ Anyway.. I was femshep.. Now I am shemaleshep.. Err.. I mean some manly custom shep and the whole series. Second one ongoing.

Also Mass 2 seems to make my processor almost too hot.. which isn't the case in third or in many others.. Well, I have headphones.
SimonG: Do you have a legit version? When I played the pirated version back in the day, it had really bad performance and shitty graphics. Try a different crack.

And if it is a legit version, then I can't help you. Mine (Steam version) so far has worked fine.
Mine's a steam version too. Darn... 6 months ago I still had a shitty PC from 2004 and it ran Mass Effect on the same bloody FPS that my PC is running it currently.

Guess I'll hit the google.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Profanity
SimonG: Do you have a legit version? When I played the pirated version back in the day, it had really bad performance and shitty graphics. Try a different crack.

I used to have the retail version years ago. I had an athlon 3000 with a 7600gt. The frame rate was acceptable apart from a few judders here and there.

There was definitely a stutter when it launched dialogue sequences. I heard other people had the same issue. It wasn't game breaking, but it was a minor annoyance.

gameon: I used to have the retail version years ago. I had an athlon 3000 with a 7600gt. The frame rate was acceptable apart from a few judders here and there.

There was definitely a stutter when it launched dialogue sequences. I heard other people had the same issue. It wasn't game breaking, but it was a minor annoyance.
Nope, not the same here - it's terribly unbearable all of the time. Can't even shoot and aim normally trough the lags.
Infact.. The second run in mass 2 is better 'cos I googled some page where you learned how that shepard fov wasn't so horrible. There is even a thing in the mass 3 but it doesn't seem to work in multiplayer thing.
Anyway.. mass 2 is much better now and it doesn't even make cinematics any worse.

Edit:

http://hamstergene.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/how-to-fix-fov-in-mass-effect-23/

That's what I used
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Antimateria
gameon: I used to have the retail version years ago. I had an athlon 3000 with a 7600gt. The frame rate was acceptable apart from a few judders here and there.

Profanity: Nope, not the same here - it's terribly unbearable all of the time. Can't even shoot and aim normally trough the lags.
What are your system specs?
Profanity: Nope, not the same here - it's terribly unbearable all of the time. Can't even shoot and aim normally trough the lags.
gameon: What are your system specs?
8GB ram. Quad Core 3,30. W7. GeForce GTX 550 Ti.
I had awesome lag with mouse because firewall/antifirus in ME3.. I figured it myself but I did have time to explain that to EA. I thought it was origin. Defence plus.. Man that sucks.
Profanity: 8GB ram. Quad Core 3,30. W7. GeForce GTX 550 Ti.
Ok, a few things.

I'm not sure about whether Mass Effect 1 supports 2 cores let alone 4. The game was released before windows 7, and do you have 32bit or 64bit windows? If its 64bit, it may not be as compatible.

Plus your graphics card drivers might need updating?

Also try the compatability settings and set it to xp.
you say that the whole game stutters? I just played again the first one.. I have phenom 1 2,4 mghz , 6850 1 GB ati graphics.. I mostly (and pretty rarely) had a bit late textures in cinematics.. well, when it used that game.. let us say motor. game worked just fine. In my eyes.
gameon: Ok, a few things.

I'm not sure about whether Mass Effect 1 supports 2 cores let alone 4. The game was released before windows 7, and do you have 32bit or 64bit windows? If its 64bit, it may not be as compatible.

64bit. I JUST got the new PC, so the drivers are very updated. I'll try setting comp to XP, just need to wait for Mass Effect to redownload. Though, back when I had my XP PC (it only barely passed minimum reqs and was single core) it was absolutely the same kind of lagginess I'm experiencing with the new one.

Antimateria: snip
Yep, stutters all the time.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Profanity
gameon: Ok, a few things.

Profanity: 64bit. I JUST got the new PC, so the drivers are very updated. I'll try setting comp to XP, just need to wait for Mass Effect to redownload. Though, back when I had my XP PC (it only barely passed minimum reqs and was single core) it was absolutely the same kind of lagginess I'm experiencing with the new one.
Thats a shame! Your specs should be able to max out mass effect with ease.
gameon: words
Oh well, thanks for trying to help! I'll find out will the comp thing work when Mass Effect downloads.