It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AFnord: Just adventure has a pay what you want for 3 (if enough sales 4) games:
link
The games are:
Aurora
Black Mirror
Darkfall 2: Lights out
And possibly Dead Reefs

Out of those, I've only played Black Mirror, but found it to be a really good adventure game.
alexkoti: Good bundle, thanks!
Warning, this is a scam. I ordered, they charged me, they didn't provide a download link for the games, and they don't respond to any emails.
bqwert1: Warning, this is a scam. I ordered, they charged me, they didn't provide a download link for the games, and they don't respond to any emails.
Proof that it's a scam or don't post such claims, please.
shadowmirage: Well, if you only want Metal Dead, you can buy it for $4.99 from http://www.indievania.com/games/metal-dead

Not sure if it's a sale, although it's still fairly cheap.

I can personally recommend 1893 (the IF game). It has a fairly huge "world" to explore and a lot of detailed historical anecdotes. As well as an on-going mystery to solve.

Or to just print out the feature list from the website:

-Hundreds of locations on the fairgrounds to explore, as if you were really there
-Over 500 archival photographs illustrate the places you go and the people you meet
-Dozens of interactive characters to encounter
-Carefully researched and historically accurate
-Non-linear gameplay — you control where you want to go and when
-Challenging and unique puzzles
-In-game hint system
-Over thirty hours of gameplay

-1893: A World’s Fair Mystery also includes 3 PDF guidebooks:
-Instruction Manual
-Visitor’s Guide to the World’s Fair
-A Map of the fairgrounds

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an advertisement XD.
I may sound cheap, but paying 5 bucks for such a game(When I can get full length games here for around the same([nd also FREE adventure games from the AGS website.]price.) is just out of the realm of possibilities for me atm.

Heck Gemini Rue looks much more worth 3 bucks than Metal Dead......just my two cents.
Post edited May 25, 2012 by GameRager
bqwert1: Warning, this is a scam. I ordered, they charged me, they didn't provide a download link for the games, and they don't respond to any emails.
I got bamboozled as well. Bought it last night, have no idea how to get my games, tried making an account and I can't log in with it even after following the verification link, and no matter how many times I use the "forgot your password" option, I never receive any email.

GameRager: I may sound cheap, but paying 5 bucks for such a game(When I can get full length games here for around the same([nd also FREE adventure games from the AGS website.]price.) is just out of the realm of possibilities for me atm.

Heck Gemini Rue looks much more worth 3 bucks than Metal Dead......just my two cents.
1893 is the main reason I bought that bundle. :3

I was just interested because it was interactive fiction with an interesting premise. After seeing what shadowmirage has said, it sounds like I'm in for a real treat.
Post edited May 25, 2012 by Skunk
Skunk: 1893 is the main reason I bought that bundle. :3
by a game, I was talking about not wanting to pay 5 bucks for Metal Dead...sorry for any confusion I may have caused. :)
Skunk: 1893 is the main reason I bought that bundle. :3
GameRager: by a game, I was talking about not wanting to pay 5 bucks for Metal Dead...sorry for any confusion I may have caused. :)
Probably shouldn't have left in shadowmirage's entire post, most of which described 1893. :P

Yeah, Metal Dead didn't really look like my kind of thing, either, and I already had The Shivah from GamersGate. I'm sure it'll end up at a ridiculous discount or in a more interesting bundle in the future.

I'm guessing you've succeeded in getting the Just Adventure bundle. I'd really like to know what you did, because it's been almost 24 hours and I'm beginning to think I definitely got ripped off. Only $3 lost, but still, I would really like what I paid for.
GameRager: by a game, I was talking about not wanting to pay 5 bucks for Metal Dead...sorry for any confusion I may have caused. :)
Skunk: Probably shouldn't have left in shadowmirage's entire post, most of which described 1893. :P

Yeah, Metal Dead didn't really look like my kind of thing, either, and I already had The Shivah from GamersGate. I'm sure it'll end up at a ridiculous discount or in a more interesting bundle in the future.

I'm guessing you've succeeded in getting the Just Adventure bundle. I'd really like to know what you did, because it's been almost 24 hours and I'm beginning to think I definitely got ripped off. Only $3 lost, but still, I would really like what I paid for.
Well YOU should've read what led up to.....oh whatever, it was partially my fault for being vague. And it's not that I dislike stuff like Metal Dead....I merely don't feel like paying 5 bucks for it(To start with I didn't even want to pay 3 bucks more to get it with the bundle it's in. I feel Gemini Rue is worth 3 bucks for the bundle minimum, though, but paying the average[3 bucks higher than minimum currently.)] to get Metal Dead seemed not doable for me.).

I didn't get the bundle though. That's why i've been asking so much so far about it.
GameRager: I didn't get the bundle though. That's why i've been asking so much so far about it.
Oh. Well, the Just Adventure bundle seems to be a scam, from what I can tell. I received a Paypal receipt and an invoice, but no link that leads to where I can get my games. I've tried making an account and received a "click this link to activate your account" in my email, but it just ends up loading the main page, and trying to log in doesn't work. I've sent countless password requests and have yet to get a response to any of them. Either it's a scam, or Just Adventure is Just that grossly incompetent, and should go on a little Adventure called "The Adventure of 'I'm about ready to open a Paypal Dispute'".

The Bundle In A Box Adventure Bundle is great, though. I already had Gemini Rue from the first Indie Royale, and picked up "Ben There, Dan That" and "Time Gentlemen, Please" eons ago. Most of these bundles are getting repetitive like this, but I was able to easily justify $3 for 1893 and The Sea Will Claim Anything.
GameRager: I didn't get the bundle though. That's why i've been asking so much so far about it.
Skunk: Oh. Well, the Just Adventure bundle seems to be a scam, from what I can tell. I received a Paypal receipt and an invoice, but no link that leads to where I can get my games. I've tried making an account and received a "click this link to activate your account" in my email, but it just ends up loading the main page, and trying to log in doesn't work. I've sent countless password requests and have yet to get a response to any of them. Either it's a scam, or Just Adventure is Just that grossly incompetent, and should go on a little Adventure called "The Adventure of 'I'm about ready to open a Paypal Dispute'".

The Bundle In A Box Adventure Bundle is great, though. I already had Gemini Rue from the first Indie Royale, and picked up "Ben There, Dan That" and "Time Gentlemen, Please" eons ago. Most of these bundles are getting repetitive like this, but I was able to easily justify $3 for 1893 and The Sea Will Claim Anything.
Not to be rude or sound against you in this instance, but even Paypal will tell you you can't dispute with them until you try[This means getting in touch with the business/site first and trying to resolve with them.] doing so with the site/business first.

And I can also justify 3 bucks for GR/BTDT, but not an extra 3 bucks for Metal Dead.
GameRager: Proof that it's a scam or don't post such claims, please.
shadowmirage: Well, if you only want Metal Dead, you can buy it for $4.99 from http://www.indievania.com/games/metal-dead

Not sure if it's a sale, although it's still fairly cheap.

I can personally recommend 1893 (the IF game). It has a fairly huge "world" to explore and a lot of detailed historical anecdotes. As well as an on-going mystery to solve.

Or to just print out the feature list from the website:

-Hundreds of locations on the fairgrounds to explore, as if you were really there
-Over 500 archival photographs illustrate the places you go and the people you meet
-Dozens of interactive characters to encounter
-Carefully researched and historically accurate
-Non-linear gameplay — you control where you want to go and when
-Challenging and unique puzzles
-In-game hint system
-Over thirty hours of gameplay

-1893: A World’s Fair Mystery also includes 3 PDF guidebooks:
-Instruction Manual
-Visitor’s Guide to the World’s Fair
-A Map of the fairgrounds

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an advertisement XD.
GameRager: I may sound cheap, but paying 5 bucks for such a game(When I can get full length games here for around the same([nd also FREE adventure games from the AGS website.]price.) is just out of the realm of possibilities for me atm.

Well, I agree :). I never really heard about Metal Dead before this bundle - just thought I would post the link since it seemed like you really wanted it.

I'm mainly buying the bundle for Gemini Rue and 1893. I already own Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen Please!, but they were highly amusing games, so I don't mind supporting the developers. Usually both of the games I want from the bundle would set me back by at least 20e, so for me, it's still a good deal. Especially if I pay minimum (I hate feeling like a cheap-skate, but I'm probably in the same position financially as you... and unemployed on top of it all, so I understand completely).

Oh, and I was just looking at the "Just Adventure" bundle page as I read the comments above (my mouse hovering over the "buy" button). I'd also really appreciate knowing whether or not it's legit. By the sounds of things, I'd be better off waiting - or passing it by.
Post edited May 25, 2012 by shadowmirage
shadowmirage: Well, I agree :). I never really heard about Metal Dead before this bundle - just thought I would post the link since it seemed like you really wanted it.

I'm mainly buying the bundle for Gemini Rue and 1893. I already own Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen Please!, but they were highly amusing games, so I don't mind supporting the developers. Usually both of the games I want from the bundle would set me back by at least 20e, so for me, it's still a good deal. Especially if I pay minimum (I hate feeling like a cheap-skate, but I'm probably in the same position financially as you... and unemployed on top of it all, so I understand completely).
Well I DO want it.....thought not "have to pay 3 dollars more than minimum" level of want.

Oh well....here's hoping it gets included as one of the games one can pat minimum to get in an upcoming bundle.
GameRager: Not to be rude or sound against you in this instance, but even Paypal will tell you you can't dispute with them until you try[This means getting in touch with the business/site first and trying to resolve with them.] doing so with the site/business first.
I've been an eBay seller for over ten years now. I don't think I need to be briefed about how Paypal works. If I don't get a response from them soon, though, I'm going to have no choice but to go through with my threat and open a dispute. If they don't want to take my warning seriously (and, you know, the whole concept of trade), maybe they'll get around to checking their spam box or something once Paypal sends them a line.

As for their being flooded with emails, that doesn't seem likely. They're running well enough to send out account confirmation links, accept money, and send invoices (which, may I add, could have included more than just a link to the invoice page, such as, say, a link to my downloads, maybe?). Now, before your defensiveness convinces me of some level of involvement on your part, why don't you go ahead and put your money where your mouth is? If you feel they deserve this money in any way, why not go ahead and chip in $3 and wait to get what you've paid for? Surely there can be no harm in it? Perhaps then you'll even have something more contributive to say, and you'll be able to tell bqwert1 and myself how to get our games rather than playing devil's advocate.
The new indiefacekick bundle is out. I'd link it, but I can't be bothered :P
Skunk: Oh. Well, the Just Adventure bundle seems to be a scam, from what I can tell. I received a Paypal receipt and an invoice, but no link that leads to where I can get my games. I've tried making an account and received a "click this link to activate your account" in my email, but it just ends up loading the main page, and trying to log in doesn't work. I've sent countless password requests and have yet to get a response to any of them. Either it's a scam, or Just Adventure is Just that grossly incompetent, and should go on a little Adventure called "The Adventure of 'I'm about ready to open a Paypal Dispute'".

I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot of these little indie efforts fuck up their store fronts and system, at least initially. It very well could be a scam, but it just as well could be them not having stuff hooked up properly.
orcishgamer: I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot of these little indie efforts fuck up their store fronts and system, at least initially. It very well could be a scam, but it just as well could be them not having stuff hooked up properly.
It's far more likely that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing than it being a scam, yeah, but they've fucked up pretty damn horribly. I have no clue at all how I'm supposed to get what I paid for. I went through check out, received an invoice in my email, and.........

There's a part that's supposed to come after that, but I don't quite know what that is, and neither do they, apparently. :/
orcishgamer: I wouldn't be surprised to learn a lot of these little indie efforts fuck up their store fronts and system, at least initially. It very well could be a scam, but it just as well could be them not having stuff hooked up properly.
Skunk: It's far more likely that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing than it being a scam, yeah, but they've fucked up pretty damn horribly. I have no clue at all how I'm supposed to get what I paid for. I went through check out, received an invoice in my email, and.........

There's a part that's supposed to come after that, but I don't quite know what that is, and neither do they, apparently. :/
Well, if they haven't gotten their act together in a week, or at least claimed that they would have it fixed by a particular date then you'd be pretty justified in pursuing remedy (personal feeling, not meant to imply some sort of universal truth).
Post edited May 25, 2012 by orcishgamer