It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Saints Row the Third 6.85£ (77% OFF) Link
Saints Row The Third & Space Marine -60% off on GreenManGaming
Tony_Amazon: Any other thoughts on how we might do a better job reaching people like you who perceive our sales as recycled or only featuring THQ stuff?

Cheers,
Tony
orcishgamer: I usually only figure out what the upcoming ones are from posts here (can never find that bloody cheapassgamer one). I have deep links to all your normal pages that would list sales or at least a side bar item for a sale, that's fine, of course, for those that visit religiously. I guess really the question becomes, how soon do you want to inform folks of said sales? Are you willing to add a "Coming Next Week" sidebar, or similar, to the This Week's Deals page?

Also, I will say this, you need to improve your pages, it's really hard to find DLC for said titles, even though you sometimes sell it. There needs to be a quick link to it so we can grab it along the way, using the search for it sucks (ideally I should be able to add the game and all DLC with one click). Also if DLC is included there's only about a 75% chance the game page mentions it. Finally, you don't offer some DLC, for example Treasures of the Sun doesn't appear to be available even though Dungeon Siege III is. Perhaps you could mention that to prevent frustration (maybe do like the, Notify This Author for books that have no Kindle edition).

But I'm interested in hearing how Amazon.com wants to communicate their sales, I may actually have some suggestions depending on what your strategy is.
That "coming next week" link is an interesting concept...I'm going to kick it around with our merchandising team and figure out how we can execute against that.

Also, on DLC...no one agrees with you more than me. I have weekly meetings with our design/engineering team to fix this and I'm hoping we have an elegant solution in place within the next 6 months or so (changing product pages on a site as big as Amazon is a process).

As for how we want to communicate...its the wild west right now :). I'm doing a lot of community building (or trying to) on Reddit, CAG, and Neogaf. We do a lot of email marketing to past purchasers, as well as social media (Facebook/Twitter) and a good amount of PR (we're in Kotaku's weekly deal posts and Joystiq usually picks our stuff up).

Fire away with suggestions :). Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I've been buried in the MAYhem sale.

I'll be responding to the other posts today as well.

Cheers,
Tony
Artki: > I can tell you that continuing to add selection is a major focus for us, and we are doing so at full capacity. Our QA/Ingestion team (the guys who put stuff up on the site) are a top notch crew that work crazy hours to get more stuff up for sale,

If you're working so hard, consider looking at snagging Dungeon Siege 2 (and expansion) as a downloadable (that doesn't require the purchase of DS 3). DS 1 would be nice but I have that so its not an issue.
We have not only considered it but it is one of our top priorities. The way I understand it, these games have some really complex licensing agreements in place so we're trying to run down who we actually need to work with to distribute the products.

Cheers,
Tony
SimonG: Amazon is bound by legal reasons to not release their digital content outside the US. That is also why they only do the minimal requirements of checking if you are actually a US customer. They want your money, but they can't ask for it officially. One of the reasons they are that cheap is probably because they only "buy" US licenses for their DD catalogue.

If you want to blame somebody, blame the legal and licensing of the publishers.
amok: I generally blame the lot of them.... I am good at distributing blame.

As a customer, the only thing I know is that they are not able to make me a customer without being fraudulent. I do not really care much who to blame, but it is their shop, they are advertising this global (intentional or not). It might be because they are only dealing with US licenses, but as long as they (Amazon) do not manage to make some fixes (i.e. sorting things out legally with publishers) I give my money to those who have managed to do so...

It is really no big deal for me, I tend to get the games I want for a price I find reasonable, but it irks me a little that that Tony_Amazon comes to a forum of a Polish based company (servers in Malta?) and speaks to "you all" when it is not legally locally to buy the products he is talking about.
I just wanted to comment on "but it irks me a little that that Tony_Amazon comes to a forum of a Polish based company (servers in Malta?) and speaks to "you all" when it is not legally locally to buy the products he is talking about."

The only reason I popped over here to comment was to address the fact that it seemed to have trouble finding our deals. I wanted to address this.

Sorry if it came across as me trying to advertise to you, this was not my intention, and the recent posts make it clear that input/feedback/interaction with me on this forum is not something the userbase is interested in. I apologize again for the intrusion, if anyone has any questions for me moving forward feel free to reach out to me on CAG:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9464094#post9464094

via PM or post in that thread and I'll answer them.

Again, really sorry for the intrusion, it was in no way my intention to offer offense.

Cheers,
Tony
Post edited May 16, 2012 by Tony_Amazon
The All-Charity Lightning Pack has gone live at Indie Royale.

The package includes Osmos, B.U.T.T.O.N., The Shivah, Blueberry Garden, and some music.

I probably pass on this one since I already own Osmos. B.U.T.T.O.N. is a physical party game that I don't see myself using ever, Blueberry Garden is labeled as "short experimental experience", and The Shivah alone I can get cheaper when it goes on sale at GamersGate.

Nevertheless, the bundle is for several good causes, so if you want to donate those causes some money, it's probably a good opportunity for doing so and getting a bit back in return.
Post edited May 16, 2012 by Psyringe
Tony_Amazon: Sorry if it came across as me trying to advertise to you, this was not my intention, and the recent posts make it clear that input/feedback/interaction with me on this forum is not something the userbase is interested in. I apologize again for the intrusion, if anyone has any questions for me moving forward feel free to reach out to me on CAG:

Again, really sorry for the intrusion, it was in no way my intention to offer offense.

Cheers,
Tony
Hello Tony, quite the opposite. You are very welcome here, thank you for taking your time and coming here!
Is there a plan for a sale of Dead Island?
I'd compare these to the Amazon.com prices on their current sale before buying (ends this Saturday at midnight PDT).
orcishgamer: I'd compare these to the Amazon.com prices on their current sale before buying (ends this Saturday at midnight PDT).
The ones quoted are all either the same price or better deals on Steam in the case of the complete pack, provided you actually want all the games. Double pack is 7.50 on Steam vs 8.74 to buy them on Amazon, Second Encounter is the same price both places.

Amazon's sales are really mainly notable if you want 4 packs, or just newer releases by themselves like SS2 and 3.
Post edited May 16, 2012 by Sinizine
Tony_Amazon: Sorry if it came across as me trying to advertise to you, this was not my intention, and the recent posts make it clear that input/feedback/interaction with me on this forum is not something the userbase is interested in. I apologize again for the intrusion, if anyone has any questions for me moving forward feel free to reach out to me on CAG:

Cheers,
Tony
Revisor: Hello Tony, quite the opposite. You are very welcome here, thank you for taking your time and coming here!
Agreed, I can't believe anyone is complaining about a company rep actually trying to genuinely engage with potential customers. Come on, it's not forum spam linking to some dodgy online shop or anything, be reasonable people!
orcishgamer: Agreed, I can't believe anyone is complaining about a company rep actually trying to genuinely engage with potential customers. Come on, it's not forum spam linking to some dodgy online shop or anything, be reasonable people!
gameon: Amok has a point. Amazon only do digital deals for U.S customers. This website is global, so unless that Amazon rep offers global deals, then its a bit of a waste of time. Unless they are only looking for U.S only suggestions. Which is fine, but it'd be nice if the rep is clear about it.
Fair enough, but there's a massive US userbase on GOG and we actively discuss Amazon.com game sales, despite them being regionally restricted, in this very thread. I don't see how anyone could say his comments weren't on topic, they were completely apropos to several posts in the last couple of pages.
Revisor: Hello Tony, quite the opposite. You are very welcome here, thank you for taking your time and coming here!
orcishgamer: Agreed, I can't believe anyone is complaining about a company rep actually trying to genuinely engage with potential customers. Come on, it's not forum spam linking to some dodgy online shop or anything, be reasonable people!
Actually, I don't think that the presence of an Amazon representative on GOG's forums in such a thread is ... appropriate, for lack of a better word. It's as if one of my competitors would visit my shop to advertise his own, competing products there - I simply wouldn't expect such a thing, and would probably see it at least as a lack of courtesy on his part.

I'm pretty happy that GOG does allow this thread in its forums - they don't have to, and it's not a given, since it basically deprives GOG of sales. Having direct competitors post their information here would be stretching it, imho.
I don't live in the US but I'm grateful for the heads-ups on the Amazon deals because I buy them anyway. Some people might have a problem with giving a fake address but it doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I know I'm not the only person here that does it.
Psyringe: Actually, I don't think that the presence of an Amazon representative on GOG's forums in such a thread is ... appropriate, for lack of a better word. It's as if one of my competitors would visit my shop to advertise his own, competing products there - I simply wouldn't expect such a thing, and would probably see it at least as a lack of courtesy on his part.

I'm pretty happy that GOG does allow this thread in its forums - they don't have to, and it's not a given, since it basically deprives GOG of sales. Having direct competitors post their information here would be stretching it, imho.
The number of titles they compete on is very limited. And yes, we are lucky GOG allows threads like this, but they do, so getting bent out of shape over someone doing something that's uncharacteristically cool for a big company is weird, Tony posting here is "awesome" not "inappropriate". I'm sure GOG would have nicely asked him to not show up the last time he came around posting if they'd had a problem with it.
Post edited May 16, 2012 by orcishgamer
Asbeau: I don't live in the US but I'm grateful for the heads-ups on the Amazon deals because I buy them anyway. Some people might have a problem with giving a fake address but it doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I know I'm not the only person here that does it.
gameon: Its not the giving fake addresses thats the problem, its the fact that if you need support for a game,or if something goes wrong, you would not get support as far as i know, because they would find out that you aren't a U.S citizen.
And that is why I mostly get steam or Origin redeemable titles from Amazon. Fear of that. And whatnot.
Psyringe: Actually, I don't think that the presence of an Amazon representative on GOG's forums in such a thread is ... appropriate, for lack of a better word. It's as if one of my competitors would visit my shop to advertise his own, competing products there - I simply wouldn't expect such a thing, and would probably see it at least as a lack of courtesy on his part.

orcishgamer: The number of titles they compete on is very limited. And yes, we are lucky GOG allows threads like this, but they do, so getting bent out of shape over someone doing something that's uncharacteristically cool for a big company is weird, Tony posting here is "awesome" not "inappropriate". I'm sure GOG would have nicely asked him to not show up the last time he came around posting if they'd had a problem with it.
Well, I disagree. Giving support for users with problems might have been awesome. Advertising his own competing products (and they are competing for the same budget even in the case of products that GOG does not sell itself), not so much, imho. I also don't think that it's GOG job ask competitors nicely to stop advertising - actually it's the other way round, I'd expect Tony to ask GOG nicely for permission before starting to post advertisements in their space. Which he might have done, I wouldn't know, but it doesn't seem so.

Anyway, it's not a big deal for me. It just does make me feel uncomfortable, and such practice doesn't raise my opinion on Amazon (which is fairly neutral so far).
Not sure if related, but all this Amazon talk seems to have started after me answering Tizzysawr's post about which games were already announced on CAG for the Mayhem sale. :-/ All those complaing about Amazon not selling worldwide should also consider that Amazon is country-based which makes selling game downloads worldwide more or less impossible. However Amazon.de for example has recently started it's own Digital Downloads section (though have lacked any good offers yet).

Second point seems to be that Gamersgate is getting confused about the days of a week:
Saints Row weekend? Anyway Saints Row 3 is cheaper at shopto.net at the moment, but the price for Saints Row 2 is quite ok, especially with IGN bonus or in the UK.
Saints Row 2 (Steamworks): /[url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2?caff=5455872]£2.09 (caff link) or /[url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2]£2.09 (no caff)
Post edited May 16, 2012 by uqblf