It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deadfolk: Anyone recommend or disrecommend Heroes V?
It is fun, and I believe it to be worth $5. Don't expect for anything groundbreaking though, and the campaign can get boring easily since you start with the two less fun races.
I recommend. I own physical copies but just remember that Heroes V has two expansions not listed in that sale.
I really like it, but I'd recommend having the expansions. The game is fine on its own, but the expansions make it feel much bigger and varied w/ the added races. It follows the classic Heroes gameplay, so it's all good.

It'll be 50% off at Impulse this week, but Impulse won't sell you the whole thing.

I'd recommend looking at these:

Heroes 5 Epic has main game plus both expansions for $16.25:
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Might-Magic-Epic-Collection/dp/B0028GY640/

Or, if you don't have any Heroes games, I'd strongly recommend getting them all in this collection for $28.99:
http://www.amazon.com/Might-Magic-Heroes-Collection-Pc/dp/B0051UMYLW/
Post edited October 13, 2011 by Tallima
How is Heroes V difficulty-wise? Easy, hard, moderate? I've never really played a turn-based strategy game before, but Heroes V has always seemed interesting to me.
Daedalus1138: How is Heroes V difficulty-wise? Easy, hard, moderate? I've never really played a turn-based strategy game before, but Heroes V has always seemed interesting to me.
Easy to moderate.

Heroes 3 is still my favorite. The story is better IMO. The difficulty is far higher however.

As for the deal, $5 for Heroes 5 without expansions is a so-so deal. I got it with expansions plus Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $5 off steam a while back. (I actually have a retail copy of Heroes 5 but didn't have the expansions or Dark Messiah.)
carnival73: Tomb Raider Underworld, Legend and Anniversarry up for grabs on Steam as the Weekend Deal.

Anyone know if Legend or Underworld are any good?
Solid, fun, action-heavy Tomb Raider games. More than worth it for that price.
If Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia games are your type of thing, then go for it.
I personally prefer the older games from Core Design to Crystal's new take on the series, although I like their Tomb Raider 1 Remake.
bansama: Today's Steam THQ deal is Homefront.
reaver894: If it had been a 75% off id have bought it, but from what ive heard it isnt worth 15£
it's barely worth a tenner
reaver894: If it had been a 75% off id have bought it, but from what ive heard it isnt worth 15£
wodmarach: it's barely worth a tenner
at 75% of it would have been 7.50 so if its barely worth a tenner then 7.50 is ok :-P
Crap, I would get Homefront if it were $7.50... about HoMM 5 I'll wait for a complete version here on GOG.

Only 4 hours left to get Duke Nukem Forever for $10. ;)
taczillabr: Only 4 hours left to get Duke Nukem Forever for $10. ;)
I think I'm going to wait until it goes down to $5 at the holiday sale ;-)
Daedalus1138: How is Heroes V difficulty-wise? Easy, hard, moderate? I've never really played a turn-based strategy game before, but Heroes V has always seemed interesting to me.
lightnica: Easy to moderate.

Heroes 3 is still my favorite. The story is better IMO. The difficulty is far higher however.

As for the deal, $5 for Heroes 5 without expansions is a so-so deal. I got it with expansions plus Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $5 off steam a while back. (I actually have a retail copy of Heroes 5 but didn't have the expansions or Dark Messiah.)
Yeah - I might wait for a deal with the expansions. It still have I-IV to play through yet,
spindown: I think I'm going to wait until it goes down to $5 at the holiday sale ;-)
Your choice, if you guys prefer to wait.

I take my hat off to Gearbox, for having the guts to actually release DNF, they deserve $10 for doing that, it's history. (And it's funding for Duke Begins).
carnival73: Tomb Raider Underworld, Legend and Anniversarry up for grabs on Steam as the Weekend Deal.

Anyone know if Legend or Underworld are any good?
pops117: Solid, fun, action-heavy Tomb Raider games. More than worth it for that price.
If Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia games are your type of thing, then go for it.
I personally prefer the older games from Core Design to Crystal's new take on the series, although I like their Tomb Raider 1 Remake.
Underworld is a great game with some flaws. The constant camera swinging gave me real headaches. The exploring variety keeps you hooked. Controls are also precise and let you focus on the puzzles. That said the gun action is not really where it shines. Shooting repetitive and quite uninspired. The rest is nice!
Post edited October 13, 2011 by dyscode
lightnica: Easy to moderate.

deadfolk: Yeah - I might wait for a deal with the expansions. It still have I-IV to play through yet,
The expansions is on sale too.
spindown: I think I'm going to wait until it goes down to $5 at the holiday sale ;-)
taczillabr: Your choice, if you guys prefer to wait.

I take my hat off to Gearbox, for having the guts to actually release DNF, they deserve $10 for
Yeah it´s still one steam for $7.50 and I am havin a ton of fun.
What really amazes are the smalle things. Like when you sign the kids Fan book.
YOU have to sign it with a totally inaccurate mouse-control. The result looks like a graffiti of a 5 year old. The Message: Duke has the heart on the right place aka protecting the babes and the world, but is an illiterate muscle brain.
And things like this come up the whole time. You just need to WANT to recognize that. IT´s not a masterpiece, I see but highly misunderstood. IMHO.

I think somehow really few people understand the humor.